Hi 😊

Does anyone else seem to have some solid section within the right hand side of the earpiece grill? You have to look really closely but it seems like some of the little holes are blocked with something... almost like it's blocked with gunk.

At first I thought something had gotten into it like dirt but I saw it on another priv on a YouTube review. So does anyone know what it is?

Thanks
    01-21-17 06:40 AM
    PRobably some sort of sensor or the edges of the speaker. No idea on my end unless someone has a tear down video. Try checking out JErryRigEverything to see if he has done the priv.
    01-21-17 08:28 AM
    Hi ������

Does anyone else seem to have some solid section within the right hand side of the earpiece grill? You have to look really closely but it seems like some of the little holes are blocked with something... almost like it's blocked with gunk.

At first I thought something had gotten into it like dirt but I saw it on another priv on a YouTube review. So does anyone know what it is?

Thanks
    I believe that the "grill" pattern is continued along the entire area for aesthetics/symmetry. The functional aspect is the left section. I think the same occurs along the bottom grill.
    01-21-17 09:29 AM
    PRobably some sort of sensor or the edges of the speaker. No idea on my end unless someone has a tear down video. Try checking out JErryRigEverything to see if he has done the priv.
    Cheers! Watched his video but he doesn't really give any info on the earpiece at all 😔 probably is some sensor but just wanted to make sure I wasn't seeing things really and see if others had the same thing on their phones... do you?
    01-21-17 02:11 PM
    I believe that the "grill" pattern is continued along the entire area for aesthetics/symmetry. The functional aspect is the left section. I think the same occurs along the bottom grill.
    Cheers but it's the earpiece I'm referring too and not the speaker. See the pic I've attached. Not clear but that's what I'm on about.
    Attached Thumbnails Earpiece Grill-13401.jpg  
    01-21-17 02:12 PM
    Mine is the same. Very hard to notice. Just how it is designed.
    01-21-17 02:15 PM
    Mine is the same. Very hard to notice. Just how it is designed.
    Perfect! I'm happy now ha. Like to know what it is but glad to know it's not just some dirt stuck in mine lol
    01-21-17 02:49 PM
    Cheers but it's the earpiece I'm referring too and not the speaker. See the pic I've attached. Not clear but that's what I'm on about.
    Yes, I realized that after I started my answer and then edited it. Again, I think to make the top symmetrical, they extended it beyond any physical speaker. like the bottom grill is also "phony" for part of its length. I could be wrong.
    01-21-17 04:01 PM
    Well I hadn't noticed this until you pointed it out. First of all, you must have amazing eyesight. It took me a while to see what you were talking about. Second, I hate you because now it bothers me for no good reason. :P
    01-22-17 08:44 AM
    Well I hadn't noticed this until you pointed it out. First of all, you must have amazing eyesight. It took me a while to see what you were talking about. Second, I hate you because now it bothers me for no good reason. :P
    Haha sorry about that 😉 I do have OCD and I notice loads of little things (especially with gadgets) that most normal people wouldn't ever notice. I then like to know what every small thing does! Have not knowing the purpose of something lol
    01-22-17 09:13 AM
    Haha sorry about that 😉 I do have OCD and I notice loads of little things (especially with gadgets) that most normal people wouldn't ever notice. I then like to know what every small thing does! Have not knowing the purpose of something lol
    Oh dude. You wanna talk OCD? I have a little scratch on the earpiece exposing the silver colour of the metal used and it drives me insane. I sometimes rub it in hope that it's just dust but to no avail haha.
    01-22-17 05:57 PM
    Oh dude. You wanna talk OCD? I have a little scratch on the earpiece exposing the silver colour of the metal used and it drives me insane. I sometimes rub it in hope that it's just dust but to no avail haha.
    Hahahah I had that EXACT same thing with my nexus... it was tiny but I couldn't ignore it! Luckily I got a warranty replacement or else it would have drove me mad! High five bellow OCDer lol
    01-23-17 09:10 AM