I still have every BB I have bought. A Bold, Z30, Passport and Priv all are functional except for the Bold's speakerphone. When I bought the Priv as a high end device at $700, I thought BB would give honest OS updates. The Priv is fully capable of Nougat where a split screen is a great idea on a Priv. But with a over half a year into Nougat, it does not look likely is going to the Priv.
    Here is the problem why pay more than $400 on a phone that will outlast the OS updates. I should have waited for the cheaper DTEK 50, and saved some money up front. As a side note, I would love Android App to still work on my Passport and Z30. WebEx and WhatApp will be obsolete shortly on BB0S 10.
    How is BB going to convince me to pay top dollar for a KeyOne when OS update will stop before 2 years pass by like on the Priv? Will the K1 gets left behind half way through 2018?
    05-27-17 02:43 PM
    How is BB going to convince me to pay top dollar for a KeyOne when OS update will stop before 2 years pass by like on the Priv? Will the K1 gets left behind half way through 2018?
    Valid question. I left the fold partly because of this.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-27-17 02:51 PM
    I still have every BB I have bought. A Bold, Z30, Passport and Priv all are functional except for the Bold's speakerphone. When I bought the Priv as a high end device at $700, I thought BB would give honest OS updates. The Priv is fully capable of Nougat where a split screen is a great idea on a Priv. But with a over half a year into Nougat, it does not look likely is going to the Priv.
    Here is the problem why pay more than $400 on a phone that will outlast the OS updates. I should have waited for the cheaper DTEK 50, and saved some money up front. As a side note, I would love Android App to still work on my Passport and Z30. WebEx and WhatApp will be obsolete shortly on BB0S 10.
    I agree Blackberry should do the honorable thing and update their devices (priv,dtek50,dtek60) at least to android n.

As for the Keyone and other phones through licensing deals maybe it is the contract that Blackberry has to update for at least 2 years etc.
    05-27-17 03:07 PM
    I'm need update to nougat on the my phone priv
    05-28-17 08:30 PM
    I'm need update to nougat on the my phone priv
    Don't we all.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-28-17 10:12 PM
    Don't we all.
    They'll all get the update it just won't be right away. If the old phones get em now some may not buy the KEYone... so it'll come like a month or so after. Maybe longer.

Is the Nogut update that different and important that even android BlackBerry users, feel like behind like BB10 crying for 10.3.3 which ruined the phone? Lol
    05-28-17 10:21 PM
    Is the Nogut update that different and important that even android BlackBerry users, feel like behind like BB10 crying for 10.3.3 which ruined the phone? Lol
    Unlike 10.3.3 (or 10.3.2, or 10.3.1...) you'll notice Nougat.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-28-17 10:31 PM
    Unlike 10.3.3 (or 10.3.2, or 10.3.1...) you'll notice Nougat.
    Gotcha. I'm reallt looking forward to this phone now. I hated android OS, since I got an android tablet I've gotten familiar with it now so the transition should be great
    05-28-17 10:41 PM
    As much as I do love my Priv, I'm seriously considering jumping to the Samsung S8 or S8+. Number one reason, Nougat update, then waterproof, size of phone and the clarity of the images as well as other excellent functionality issues. I'm trying to hold on the my Priv as long as I can, but to be honest, Samsung seems like my most logical upgrade right now from the Priv.....
    05-29-17 11:13 AM
    I am seriously considering the OnePlus 5. I won't buy at release, but will after the first of the year.
    05-29-17 01:31 PM
    I think the update doesn't come because Qualcomm doesn't give updated drivers to these modems. Most of the phones similar to the Priv are stuck on Android 6.0 for this reason.

As for the Samsung Sx series, never again. We bought the top model Samsung S7 Edge for my wife in Sep 2016, for 800€. To be future proof, nice camera, fast, wireless fast charging, big battery, great screen, good reception. And then, two month ago the screen got cracked by a small collision to the corner of our kitchen table. Nothing serious, but the glass of the S7 Edge cracked. A new screen is 400€, plus workmanship.

So if you buy such a phone, pay attention to use it super carefully.

Just search on google for samsung screen crack, it's a general problem. And the repair is very hard rated on iFixit, it's all glue, needs heating to take apart.
    05-29-17 02:13 PM