I was looking on-line and I could not find video on people durability testing for Priv drops.

Anyone dropped their Priv and how has it held up?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    makaiman likes this.
    03-06-16 11:47 AM
    yep from shoulder height at a Starbucks and it fell flat on front glass. not a scratch or crack. people were shocked around me.

*don't try this at home

Posted from my Priv
    FF22, Jrox74, ArGinGerEm and 2 others like this.
    03-06-16 11:57 AM
    yep from shoulder height at a Starbucks and it fell flat on front glass. not a scratch or crack.
    You are so lucky. I would think that the screen would be shattered if it did not land flat on the ground.

In my experience, Blackberry are built well as compared to other handsets.
    Last edited by mis3; 03-06-16 at 12:16 PM.
    andy957 likes this.
    03-06-16 12:05 PM
    You are so lucky. I would think that the screen would be shattered if it did not land flat on the ground.

In my experience, Blackberry are built well as compared to other handsets.
    My worry is the 2 parts of the Priv breaking apart. That and the body cracking.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    03-06-16 03:20 PM
    Dropped mine twice from waist height onto a tile floor. It landed both times directly on each top corner. All that happened was the metal bezel got dented.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-06-16 04:55 PM
    I've dropped mine at least a half dozen times already from various heights. Besides a couple of nicked corners, my Priv has proven really durable.

03-06-16 06:19 PM
    yep from shoulder height at a Starbucks and it fell flat on front glass. not a scratch or crack. people were shocked around me.

*don't try this at home

Posted from my Priv
    try from a balcony on a second floor and let me know : )
    03-06-16 06:55 PM
    Thanks everyone. Seem like it would be no worse than any other phone.

03-06-16 07:54 PM
    I was looking on-line and I could not find video on people durability testing for Priv drops.

Dropped a few times and no issues but it's never dropped in a way that would Crack the screen so I'm feeling pretty lucky.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    03-07-16 10:40 AM
    There is a video of mangling the Priv, testing its scratch and FLAME resistance. I don't recall if there was a drop test. The camera "glass" scratched easily according to the video.
    03-07-16 12:55 PM
    Man, you guys drop your phone a lot...lol

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 12:57 PM
    Check out some of the replies in the naked or case threads. Lots of us have dropped our Priv. It's a beast like most bb's.

Enjoying the Priv
    03-07-16 03:57 PM
    03-07-16 04:52 PM
    There is a video of mangling the Priv, testing its scratch and FLAME resistance. I don't recall if there was a drop test. The camera "glass" scratched easily according to the video.
    Saw that. No drop.

03-07-16 04:56 PM
    Mine fell out of my lap getting out of my car, screen totally shattered.

03-07-16 05:00 PM
    Mine fell out of my lap getting out of my car, screen totally shattered.

Ouch. I'd be really upset. That screen is really expensive.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 05:14 PM
    Dropped mine while walking through a parking lot. I grabbed for it as it fell and managed to knock it out of the case in mid air (OEM leather flip case).
    Landed screen down and skidded for a few feet. Has a few light/medium scratches and a bezel chip, but nothing major.

Dropped it in the case a couple times as well, and the case always eats the damage. Definitely money well spent.
    03-07-16 06:19 PM
    Just had a heart attack dropped the priv from stomach height landed on its face. I have a screen protector and two piece cover. Thank goodness nothing broken or scratched. It's a bulky phone I hope it won't happen too often. Otterbox needs to make a case soon.

03-07-16 08:03 PM
    What case do you have

03-07-16 08:04 PM
    Dropped mine while walking through a parking lot. I grabbed for it as it fell and managed to knock it out of the case in mid air (OEM leather flip case).
    Landed screen down and skidded for a few feet. Has a few light/medium scratches and a bezel chip, but nothing major.

Dropped it in the case a couple times as well, and the case always eats the damage. Definitely money well spent.
    What case do you have

03-07-16 08:05 PM

Good Question . I had accidentally dropped my device once and it landed on the back side . Fortunately nothing happened. Started using the flip case to ensure protection.
    03-08-16 12:22 AM
    What case do you have

Leather flip case. My first time not using a holster with my BB since like 2005. I'm pretty happy with it overall, decent protection as long as it stays closed during the drop.
    03-08-16 12:38 AM
    Ouch. I'd be really upset. That screen is really expensive.

Posted via CB10
    Was pretty upset, nobody could fix the screen, no screens available online, ended up paying $200 for a replacement phone through an extended warranty I have through my phone provider, they actually sent me a brand new device rather than refurb, it it feels way more solid than the first one I had

03-08-16 07:25 AM
    Leather flip case. My first time not using a holster with my BB since like 2005. I'm pretty happy with it overall, decent protection as long as it stays closed during the drop.
    I plan to use the OEM holster as my case as with other phones. Should be ok unless I drop when using.

03-08-16 08:06 AM
    For the first time I've decided to use a BlackBerry device naked, with out a case and as careful as I can be. But it's a very durable phone and I've dropped it a few times too, and hardly a scratch on it. Maybe this is the way a true BlackBerry should be used. I love it.
    09-10-16 02:45 PM
29 12