So my Priv had the squishy back a lot of other Owners experience from day one.

The phone has been heating up and now there is a definite loud audible clicking sound emanating from underneath the back cover whenever there is any pressure on the right hand side.

It is not the Slider causing the issue. I believe it is a manifestation of the heat issues.

I saw another Poster had removed the cover and installed double sided tape to stop the noise.

I do not feel that I should have to look for a DIY solution to this, and I feel it is a Manufacturers Defect.

My Cellular Plan (Rogers Canada) includes Device Protection.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and does anyone have experience dealing with Rogers on this issue.

I am not paying to get this fixed I can tell you that, and if that is the solution, it will be on Kijiji tomorrow.

Is Device Protection reality, or just a fancy name for sucker???

Thanks.

I

Posted on my Priv
    05-19-16 01:56 AM
    Mine was very squishy and it would crackle when I held it to my ear. I opened up the case and inserted aluminium foil - problem solved. When I did it, I also broke the mute button by accident and now I have only volume up and down - 2 birds one stone.
    05-19-16 02:00 AM
    What's the date of manufacture (on the label on the box)? Maybe also the code of the facility/location if that's also there?

I read somewhere on CB that more recent builds (late March) were no longer exhibiting issues that were pervasive in earlier builds (not sure of location/facilty or even how complete the fixes supposedly were -- and it could be that it has no connection to build date and is all about the facility/location).
    05-19-16 02:34 AM
    I had squishy back from overseas supplier and was offered device return or keep. No warranty as all phones in their stock had the same issue.

My diy was to fit a plastic gift card on top of the battery cut down to fit. Phone so solid now, very happy with it. Yeah I could of sent it back but thought I would give a diy to check and was happy so I kept. That being said, if I had local store I would have taken back for exchange 😉

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-19-16 05:54 AM