Only recently did I optimize apps for battery life. I find that screen time does not increase, but standby time seems to have improved dramatically. It is almost 5 pm and I have 70% battery left. I took it off charge around 7:30 am. Granted I didn't use the phone a lot today, about an hour of screen time. But in the past I'd be at about 50% battery in similar circumstances.
    Just thought I'd share.
    03-01-17 04:53 PM
    Only recently did I optimize apps for battery life. I find that screen time does not increase, but standby time seems to have improved dramatically. It is almost 5 pm and I have 70% battery left. I took it off charge around 7:30 am. Granted I didn't use the phone a lot today, about an hour of screen time. But in the past I'd be at about 50% battery in similar circumstances.
    Just thought I'd share.
    Okay, maybe I missed the method but how do you Optimize using Doze?
    03-01-17 06:58 PM
    Okay, maybe I missed the method but how do you Optimize using Doze?
    I should clarify. I believe Doze is built-in (Marshmallow) and takes effect automatically when the phone screen is off and laying flat, not moving.

Battery Optimization seems to have made a real difference for me:

Go to Settings, Battery, Battery optimization

I chose to optimize all apps, then de-optimize the ones important to me like the Hub, BBM, etc.
    FF22 and bluesqueen23 like this.
    03-01-17 10:05 PM
    Thanks for the specifics.
    03-01-17 10:46 PM
    I thought Battery optimization was on by default. All of mine are optimized except for Google Play Services, which can't be optimized.
    And as near as I can recall it's always been that way without me doing anything
    Of course we have also discussed my memory before, or rather, lack of.
    03-03-17 01:54 PM
    The settings, battery, doesn't then lead to "battery optimization". Once you hit " battery" you have to go to the three verticle menu dots at the top right of the screen. Choose battery optimization. Once that screen comes up, choose optimize apps from the drop down menu. But I think it is always on unless you specifically choose to not optimize.
    anon(3641385) and FF22 like this.
    03-03-17 02:49 PM