All of a sudden the double tap on the screen wake up isnt working. The menu item is set to on. I tried a reboot. Still isn't working. To wake up the Priv I have to use the left switch. Anyone else with this issue?

Brian

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-19-15 07:37 PM
    I've had mine for 1 week, no issue...
    12-19-15 07:39 PM
    All of a sudden the double tap on the screen wake up isnt working. The menu item is set to on. I tried a reboot. Still isn't working. To wake up the Priv I have to use the left switch. Anyone else with this issue?

Brian

Mine is working and I use it all the time. Have you tried rebooting?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    12-19-15 07:44 PM
    Yes. Rebooting doesn't help.

12-19-15 08:39 PM
    I have it work most of the time but fails a few times each day. The only way I can wake it is to slide out the keyboard and then close it again. Frustrating. Don't know if it's a hardware or software issue.

12-19-15 09:12 PM
    Has this started since the update? Turn the option off, save reboot and then turn the option back on. Then test it...
    just_luc likes this.
    12-20-15 09:28 AM
    Has this started since the update? Turn the option off, save reboot and then turn the option back on. Then test it...
    Agreed. This should fix it!
    12-20-15 10:40 AM
    I reported the issue to Blackberry. They responded very quickly and suggested to hold the power off button for 32 seconds which is equivalent to a battery pull. The problem persists but not as bad as before. When I got the Priv about 2 weeks ago the feature worked great but since the weekend it has become a problem. The flip case works fine as does opening the PKB and using the on/off switch. Since others are reporting this, it sounds like a software issue????

12-21-15 09:26 PM
    If u have a cover for the phone, that is the issue. The cover is screwing up with the pressure points
    12-21-15 10:06 PM
    If u have a cover for the phone, that is the issue. The cover is screwing up with the pressure points
    If that's the case, double tap to zoom should not work either.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 10:14 PM
    If that's the case, double tap to zoom should not work either.

Posted via CB10
    No because the problem with the cover is the magnet position.
    Try it with no case/cover.
    12-21-15 11:00 PM
    Clean the screen? I know sometimes my Z30 doesn't respond 100% accurately if I have a small spec of maple syrup hiding on the face like a little amber Waldo... if this is the case change your wallpaper to a cool-toned image so it's easier to spot the little s***
    12-22-15 12:00 AM
    The only time I have this issue I found out its me. I was holding the phone, but was barely touching the curved edge.

Kept tapping, but no luck. It was embarrassing.

Not saying you're as dumb as me, but if you lay it flat and just use one hand to tap (assuming a clean screen) does it still not work?

Jonneh likes this.
    12-22-15 12:34 AM
    My Priv has frozen like this very occasionally. Sliding out the drawer stops it. Happens much less since the updates and since I did a reset.

12-22-15 06:29 AM
    I have the issue on and off.

anon(679606) likes this.
    12-22-15 06:58 AM
    Actually, when the cover of the flip case is closed, the double tap on the window screen works every time. My screen is clean as a whistle. Double tap also always works to enlarge without problem. Blackberry is now suggesting a reset to factory specs. So before I do that I have to do a backup. I am impressed with the response time of BlackBerry support. Either they have lots of time because everyone is happy or they really want to be sure everyone is happy.

12-22-15 11:19 AM
    When this happens I cannot wake it with the power switch either. Only the opening the keyboard works. Happens 3 or 4 times a day.

12-22-15 07:34 PM
    My double tap to wake and lock the screen during a phone call worked perfectly when I first got the phone then started working intermittently or not at all. I realized the problem was not the phone but the screen protector I installed. Once removed both features work perfectly 100% of the time again! It wasn't a good quality screen protector so that may be the reason why. Will try again with a different one.

Jonneh likes this.
    12-27-15 11:22 AM

Brian

I had an issue with my Z30 where the lock screen wasn't displaying my notifications at all, even though the setting was set to show the notifications. I tried everything I could think of before finally giving up. About 5 months later, I decided to add a picture password and all of a sudden my lock screen was showing the notifications.

I know Android is different than BB10, but it just shows you that altering a different setting or password option may lead to solving the issue.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    12-27-15 09:01 PM

Brian

As Machpoint said, it's embarrassing, but make sure if you're holding the device at all when trying to double-tap to wake it, that you're not touching the edges of the screens since they are curved. Although they look awesome, they unfortunately make it very easy to accidentally be touching the screen, and if you are touching it, you can't double-tap to wake it.

Secondly, take off any cases or screen protectors and try it naked for awhile. That will rule out any problems with the accessories.

It's most likely either the first or the second thing listed here. let us know!
    12-27-15 11:21 PM
    Neither solution is the answer.

Blackberry support has suggested a factory reset but I'm hesitating because I don't want to lose anything. I haven't been able to figure out what is and isn't being based up yet.

Brian

12-28-15 06:44 AM
    Neither solution is the answer.

Blackberry support has suggested a factory reset but I'm hesitating because I don't want to lose anything. I haven't been able to figure out what is and isn't being based up yet.

Brian

I just posted this in another thread here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12177316
    12-28-15 11:03 AM
    Same issue for me . Worked perfectly when I got it . Just stopped suddenly.
    12-29-15 10:45 AM
    Try clearing the cache on the phone and killing any unwanted apps running in the background. I found that when I do this my battery life improves drastically and my phones doesn't heat up. Things just work better.

12-30-15 05:38 AM
    How do you clean the cache?

12-30-15 08:14 AM
45 12