Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with Double tap to wake?
    Mine is toggled to on, but my screen seems unresponsive, when I try it. Everything else works fine.
    11-05-16 04:05 PM
    It's always a hit and miss for me
    11-05-16 04:16 PM
    Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with Double tap to wake?
    Mine is toggled to on, but my screen seems unresponsive, when I try it. Everything else works fine.
    Toggle it off/on a few times.

Also, you might want to try a reboot

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-05-16 04:49 PM
    Never used to be. Only been the last couple of days
    11-05-16 05:00 PM
    Thanks for the detailed reply. Restarted the phone a few times, toggled as well. Last resort will be to reset the phone, but reluctant to do that, as it's a pain in the *** lol.
    11-05-16 05:02 PM
    Thanks for the detailed reply. Restarted the phone a few times, toggled as well. Last resort will be to reset the phone, but reluctant to do that, as it's a pain in the *** lol.
    I've had luck by spraying condensed air into the top grill. I think dust is the problem. It has worked in the past.
    11-05-16 06:10 PM
    I'm not sure if any of the BB Virtual Expert tests is really aimed at the double-tap but you can try "drawing" all over the screen and see if that touch-screen sensor works.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-05-16 06:28 PM
    Thanks for the ideas guys. Much appreciated. At work now, will try when I get home.
    11-05-16 08:49 PM
    For some strange reason, it seems to be working again. Must have been a bug. Thanks anyway guys for reaching out. 😊
    FF22 likes this.
    11-06-16 04:31 AM
    For some strange reason, it seems to be working again. Must have been a bug. Thanks anyway guys for reaching out. ��
    Just keep on top of it. But since it is a SETTING that can be turned off, something/app might have changed it to OFF.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-06-16 09:22 AM
    Hope this isn't the case for you, but that was one of the symptoms at the start of my screen going totally unresponsive.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...creen-1089672/
    11-06-16 10:04 AM
    I had the same problem and fixed it by cleaning the top speaker grille. I believe the issue is the proximity sensor (which is in the speaker grille) gets blocked by dust etc, so the phone thinks it's next to your cheek.

When the phone thinks it's next to your cheek it disables double tap to wake.

I just blew into the grille to get the dust out.
    FF22 and rkp10001 like this.
    11-06-16 11:32 AM
    I had the same problem and fixed it by cleaning the top speaker grille. I believe the issue is the proximity sensor (which is in the speaker grille) gets blocked by dust etc, so the phone thinks it's next to your cheek.

When the phone thinks it's next to your cheek it disables double tap to wake.

I just blew into the grille to get the dust out.
    Cleaning the top grill thing worked with my priv. Double tab not working trouble gone
    ivabiggun71 and gabbleratchet like this.
    11-09-16 09:30 PM
    I had the same issue -- double-tap stopped waking the screen, and sometimes in phone module I'd get a black screen when I didn't want to.

The solution was to clean the top grille (top of the screen, or rather, glass area above the display screen). Dirt or dust blocks sensors and makes it think the phone is against your face. In my case, blowing off the dust was not enough (and I have a high-powered electric blower/duster). I then noticed physical dirt on the grille and used a lens-cleaning solution and microfiber cloth to wipe it down really well and that completely resolved it.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-06-16 03:27 PM
    After the December update, I found that this function was a lot less responsive, but after several reboots and a hard restart, it seems to have returned to normal.
    Last edited by oldsoul123; 12-15-16 at 08:46 PM.
    12-15-16 06:26 PM
    Never once had a problem with double tap to wake that's one function that has been flawless for me.
    12-15-16 06:31 PM
    It's always a hit and miss for me
    Lately it's the same for me. It might be the tempered glass screen protector, though.
    12-15-16 10:54 PM
    Been working fine for me now. Maybe a bit of dust in the sensor, that dislodged itself. Trust me to start a thread and the issue fixes itself soon after lol.😂
    FF22 likes this.
    12-16-16 04:59 AM
    The dust issue on the Priv is a big issue. I was duped twice by dust because it happened both times right after an Android update. On both of those occasions a screen protector was the culprit. BB had me download a test app for Priv. Yesterday it happened again after an update. No screen protector this time. No visible dust. It passed all the tests but the double tap and in call screens did not work. Tried the air can trick and bingo it works. Thanks for the tip.
    12-16-16 08:02 PM
    Lens cleaning solution in a little spray bottle and a few clean microfiber cloths are probably good things to have handy. Probably helps a lot more than one might expect or visibly notice, after using the air blower.
    12-16-16 08:08 PM
    Been working fine for me now. Maybe a bit of dust in the sensor, that dislodged itself. Trust me to start a thread and the issue fixes itself soon after lol.��
    I have you beat. I started a thread, too... and then two hours on the phone with Verizon tier-2 tech support with it, tried a few tricks from Safe Mode to you name it, and was on my way to BlackBerry tech support to open a case there... before it finally dawned on me to do a search for any existing information.

Found this thread, cleaned the screen, and it was solved.

By the way, this issue also helped me resolve a different issue that also plagued me with respect to the proximity sensor. I'd go to tap on the dial pad or other items while on a phone call and every time my hand would be close and I was about to tap on the screen, the screen would go black. Move my hand away and the display would appear again. Go to tap and it would go black just before I could tap it. And so on. Like a video game.

It was really frustrating at times, and even interfered with call handling at times.

I guess I don't have to explain what was actually going on there, which I finally figured out once I read this thread and solved the double-tap issue.
    ivabiggun71 likes this.
    12-16-16 08:20 PM
    Same here. My problem with double tap to wake not working was caused by a screen protector blocking the proximity sensor.
    12-17-16 02:37 PM
    Same here. My problem with double tap to wake not working was caused by a screen protector blocking the proximity sensor.
    Same here. I also wonder if my screen protector is the cause of the proximity sensor tests in BVE failing.
    12-17-16 03:31 PM
    I just had this issue occur. Screen was clean and tried all the rebooting and turning on and off the feature but to no avail. I then went into Blackberry Virtual Expert and ran all the proximity sensor tests until all passed. Closed BVE and double tap to wake worked.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-20-16 08:34 PM