I can recommend a curved glass protector by Stouch. You can get it on ebay. Works great, fits to a T, and doesn't reduce sensitivity. First glass protector I have ever had. Won't work with a case.
    You have a link? I've searched eBay and Amazon and can only find Sikai and some others. Thanks.
    09-06-16 11:08 PM
    Sorry but distracted reading rather than driving sent me off.
    Well, just to make you feel better, I was walking NOT driving. Personally, I've learned to leave the phone down and not touch it unless I'm parked (I will not even look at it while stopped at a red light).

And, yep, it still pancaked on the tarmac or road or street or...sorry, but there is no sidewalk where I was either.
    FF22 and Wezard like this.
    09-08-16 09:04 AM
    Yes, on my last Priv, the screen had little scratches on it. I used a tempered glass most of the time, but when I didn't, I only put it in my pants or shirt pocket. Yet, somehow it got scratched. If you want to risk it, go ahead, but I would err on the side of caution.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-19-16 01:02 PM
    I brought a new Priv and a glass screen protector from Amazon. After applying the screen protector I see some noticeable difference in touch sensitivity, which I never use to have a problem on iPhone 6.

Does Priv really need a screen protector? As it is made of Gorilla glass 4.

Also can anyone suggest a good back case? I got a slide-out case but I feel it's bulky.

Thanks

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    It is a gorgeous screen and you would want to put a tempered screen

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 02:35 AM
    It is a gorgeous screen and you would want to put a tempered screen

Posted via CB10
    Using the phone without screen protector, but using a clear hard shell for back.

09-25-16 08:59 PM
    I had mine for 3 months, no scratches or anything, dropped it on carpet from 4 feet....the whole thing shattered! Rogers wanted $1400 to fix the phone and had to deal with Blackberry directly for a new screen (paid $400 to have it replaced). I have owned BB for over 20 years and have dropped them on all types of things and never broken a screen, this was a first and I felt like the phone was defective to shatter on carpet.
    09-27-16 07:39 AM
    I regret not getting a screen protector for my priv. Mine cracked (a hairline crack which was OK, but led to more cracks despite not being mishandled) and there is nothing you can do about it afterwards since the glass in practically irreplaceable.
    09-27-16 08:39 AM
    The screen is replaceable. A tech person can do it fairly easily. Not cheap, but cheaper than getting a new phone. You might check with BlackBerry or a repair service.
    09-27-16 09:32 AM
    Yes. Get one otherwise it'll cost you CAD$320 to get it replaced. I learned this the hard way
    09-27-16 06:13 PM
    Where can I find the Stouch screen protector? Can you buy it direct? I read a few websites that said only by it from the Stouch store as there are a lot of counterfeits out there. Thank you.
    09-28-16 12:08 AM
    Even the thickest coating of antiscratch on eye glasses will still eventually get scratched. Snuff said!yes!!!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)running Android 6.0.1
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 09-29-16 at 08:14 PM.
    09-29-16 03:37 PM
    I don't use, so far so good, after 1 year I still don't have scratches
    09-29-16 04:25 PM
    I tried 2 different screen protectors but I was not good at getting them on without bubbles and eventually peeling at the top. So I went over to using BlackBerry's leather flip case which protects the front when closed. I use it with no screen protector. I am very careful with it but somehow by fluke my Priv dropped in just the right, (or rather wrong) way onto a very hard floor surface. The case fell open and it went skidding across the floor. It got a slight scratch right by the curve on the left side. I am sure the case protected it from serious damage. But I think a screen protector would have protected it from the scratch. However, I still don't use one and hope that was a one time incident.

Posted with my PRIV via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-29-16 05:14 PM
    not good at getting them on without bubbles
    I wouldn't try anything except a wet appliction, the Skinomi is pretty good. And, if it peels, they will replace it for free.

If you decide to try a wet application, spray fluid only on the protector before application, not the phone. It doesn't take much and make sure to also spray a bit on your, (clean) fingers. If you end up with some bubbles that you can't get out, don't worry, they will go away by themselves in a day or two.
    And do just before you put the phone up for the night, don't attempt to use the phone right after installing.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-11-16 07:30 AM
    I wouldn't try anything except a wet appliction, the Skinomi is pretty good. And, if it peels, they will replace it for free.

If you decide to try a wet application, spray fluid only on the protector before application, not the phone. It doesn't take much and make sure to also spray a bit on your, (clean) fingers. If you end up with some bubbles that you can't get out, don't worry, they will go away by themselves in a day or two.
    And do just before you put the phone up for the night, don't attempt to use the phone right after installing.
    Ages ago, when I applied a wet protector to my Creative MP3 play (oh, how advanced that device was!!!!), they suggested doing it in the bathroom after running the shower and steaming the room up nicely. That precipitates dust out of the air, making it more like a clean room!
    andy957 and Wezard like this.
    10-11-16 09:41 AM
    Ages ago, when I applied a wet protector to my Creative MP3 play (oh, how advanced that device was!!!!), they suggested doing it in the bathroom after running the shower and steaming the room up nicely. That precipitates dust out of the air, making it more like a clean room!
    Never thought of that. A great insight.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-11-16 10:11 AM
    Had a laminated glass screen protector with sparkly silver edges that had some adhesive that stuck to the curved screen. It was horrible and really affected the sensitivity and use of the screen. I took it off and binned it. Used for less than 30 mins. Total waste of money. It has no screen protector now and only a skin on the back.

10-11-16 10:29 AM
    Yes it does ,

Got a few scratches on it , my unit is 7 months old.

This scratch resistance glass is a lie I tell you .. A lie..

Get one. Protect your investment.

FF22 likes this.
    10-11-16 10:55 AM
    My recent experience with screen protector as follows: I purchased this one: Tempered Glass Curved Full Cover Coverage Screen Protector For Blackberry Priv | eBay and a) it went on perfectly on first try, b) it has outstanding coverage for the sides and entire screen, and c) doesn't cover up any of the camera or other ports on the device. In addition, since there is no wet application involved, there are no bubbles. It lays flat on the Priv. I am 100% satisfied with this purchase.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there is no degradation in responsiveness on the screen. Everything opens as it did pre-protector.
    Last edited by andy957; 10-13-16 at 12:15 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-13-16 10:11 AM
    I am very careful with my Priv. I just dropped it from waist height and the Gorilla glass cracked and created lifted pieces of glass chards. I did not have a protector and Gorilla glass is a nice name but useless as a better glass.

Based on reviews of loss of touch sensitivity I will not apply protector to my ne Priv but know I will regret it!!
    01-17-17 08:58 PM
  21. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    Need if you want

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 09:17 PM
    I am very careful with my Priv. I just dropped it from waist height and the Gorilla glass cracked and created lifted pieces of glass chards. I did not have a protector and Gorilla glass is a nice name but useless as a better glass.

Based on reviews of loss of touch sensitivity I will not apply protector to my ne Priv but know I will regret it!!
    Welcome to Crackberry. Sorry your first post was about the breaking of your Priv.

But I doubt a vinyl screen protector would have prevented the break although it might have held the shards in place and still be useable.
    01-17-17 10:42 PM
    Well, I've managed to shatter the glass on my PRIV not once, but twice. Paid $300 to have it fixed the first time as it was unusable. The second time I'm holding off as I can still use the device.

Needless to say, I'd recommend a protector of some sort, or at least a case that covers the front or is beefy enough to prevent a face flat smack on a floor.

I have this one on my PRIV now:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...UvbUpU12734084

It's OK. Finger print magnet as others have mentioned but seems to work fine.

If you run it naked, get the replacement insurance.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-18-17 06:28 AM
    Never had one on my 3 week old PRIV, but somehow today, after taking it out from my pocket, I noticed a 1/8-in scratch across the top left portion of my screen, ouch!!! And I'm not even sure what scratched it, had my Nissan remote key fob and some papers, it hurts to see it, but luckily it's not in the center of my viewing area.... So guess what I'm ordering next, yup, a screen protector!!!

Almost exactly the same situation for me...similarly sized scratch in the top left corner. I'm pretty careful with my devices too so no idea what could have caused it
    01-18-17 10:12 PM
    Using a SIKAI tempered glass protector since October and no issues. PRIV itself inside the StilGut case with cover. Awesome quality and great sharp looks. Both purchased via Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    01-22-17 03:39 PM
50 12