I have a Priv (ST100-4) and installed an app called CPU-Z in order to check temperatures and the like.
    One of the sensors listed is the "BMP280" and the readout is in hectopascals -- and, sure enough, a google for the sensor turns up barometric sensors.
    So, it appears my Priv has a barometric sensor. However, while I can confirm that the readings do change they do not appear to correspond to atmospheric pressure at my location (checked using a watch which I believe to be calibrated).
    I may spend some time looking into this (a barometer app would be fun) but it would be better if I had confirmation from somebody else in the know.
    05-09-17 11:41 AM
    Yes, it has a barometric sensor. It shows 2 hPa less than my Gear S3, and which one is correct, who knows. It doesn't even matter much, I guess.
    There are barometer apps in the Play Store, but I doubt they'd tell you much more than what CPU-Z or AIDA do.
    The sensor is also used in fitness apps... For instance, when I start a hike or run with my S3, if it's linked via BT to the phone, it uses data from the phone's GPS and barometric sensor.

Btw, one cool thing that the S3 does is warn me of possible upcoming bad weather if the air pressure drops. Perhaps there are apps which would do that on the phone as well. Or you could just watch the forecast like regular folks, but where's the fun in that?
    05-09-17 12:27 PM
    I have a Priv (ST100-4) and installed an app called CPU-Z in order to check temperatures and the like.
    One of the sensors listed is the "BMP280" and the readout is in hectopascals -- and, sure enough, a google for the sensor turns up barometric sensors.
    So, it appears my Priv has a barometric sensor. However, while I can confirm that the readings do change they do not appear to correspond to atmospheric pressure at my location (checked using a watch which I believe to be calibrated).
    I may spend some time looking into this (a barometer app would be fun) but it would be better if I had confirmation from somebody else in the know.
    Yup, a few apps suggest that they predict weather/storms.

Mine was also pretty close to my Gear S3 and a cheapie weather station I have.
    NullK likes this.
    05-09-17 04:00 PM
    Yup, a few apps suggest that they predict weather/storms.
    Cool, thanks. Now to look for apps that support it.
    05-10-17 01:34 AM
    Cool, thanks. Now to look for apps that support it.
    Please let us know if you find any.
    05-10-17 10:46 AM