I love Priv design and it is the last phone made by Blackberry. I do not like DTEK. But I am not sure if I should go for this phone. Many complaints about its build, its experience to compare with other Android phone. I need advise from ones who have used this phone. Many thanks.

Posted by Passport Silver Editon
    10-24-16 09:49 AM
    I don't have a PRIV myself but I have seen a large number of posts in this forum from a large number of people who have been perfectly happy with their PRIVs. Many have had no build issues at all.

I myself am intending to grab one once my current contract is up on my Classic.
    tado261 likes this.
    10-24-16 09:52 AM
    Yes...great phone and still prefer it over all others after 11 months! Choice of virtual and physical keyboards depending on your message length and needs is unique. Monthly updates have kept it like new.
    tado261 likes this.
    10-24-16 10:32 AM
    I love Priv design and it is the last phone made by Blackberry. I do not like DTEK. But I am not sure if I should go for this phone. Many complaints about its build, its experience to compare with other Android phone. I need advise from ones who have used this phone. Many thanks.

10-24-16 10:35 AM
    Yes...great phone and still prefer it over all others after 11 months! Choice of virtual and physical keyboards depending on your message length and needs is unique. Monthly updates have kept it like new.
    BB updates itself or Google/Android sends security updates?
    10-24-16 10:36 AM
    I really love my Blackberry Priv. I had a passport since the day they came out, and I truly believe the prep is a better phone, once I got used to it... It is amazing. I only ever seen one passport in the wild, and I've seen 5 or 6 PRIV in the wild in the last three months here in Kansas... I would recommend the phone to anyone
    tado261 and Bay 13 like this.
    10-24-16 10:39 AM
    I have had my AT&T branded Priv since launch 6 November and I am very happy with it. I don't have any issues with the build quality some have reported or the "No Service" issue many are experiencing. AT&T has done a satisfactory job releasing updates unlike Verizon so no complaints from me with AT&T unlike my previous BlackBerry devices and their pushing updates if you had a branded AT&T BlackBerry.

The transition to Android OS was a bit uncomfortable at first but I handled it well. BlackBerry has also done a fantastic job updating their apps as well for the Priv.

Having been a BlackBerry user for many many years the PKB was a key factor for me upgrading to the PRIV. I am not comfortable using a VKB... old dog...new tricks... hahaha

Only you can decide if the Priv is for you and I can only speak for myself. However I give the Priv a 👍

Bob
    FF22, tado261 and Jrox74 like this.
    10-24-16 10:45 AM

No
    10-24-16 10:54 AM
    No
    Why?

10-24-16 12:07 PM
    Now that I'm getting used to it yes I'd recommend the priv, coming from the passport I thought I'd never find a phone to beat that beast but the priv is something else entirely! Gets more attention to or at least the attention it gets is not confined to asking what the heck is that?
    tado261 and newcollector like this.
    10-24-16 12:08 PM
    Go for it. You won't regret!
    tado261 likes this.
    10-24-16 02:08 PM
    All depends on your needs. If you need/like the PKB the Priv will serve you well. I purchased my Priv from Blackberry directly and have not had a single issue with it. I love that it is different from the sea of slab phones and the rear camera has been great. I do not do selfies so the 2mp front camera does not bother me. I do believe the Priv will see Android 7.0 Nougat soon. It may not be as fast as the current flagships but any new phone released will be out spec by another phone after 6-8 months anyway. You can not go wrong with The Priv.
    tado261 likes this.
    10-24-16 02:11 PM
    All depends on your needs. If you need/like the PKB the Priv will serve you well. I purchased my Priv from Blackberry directly and have not had a single issue with it. I love that it is different from the sea of slab phones and the rear camera has been great. I do not do selfies so the 2mp front camera does not bother me. I do believe the Priv will see Android 7.0 Nougat soon. It may not be as fast as the current flagships but any new phone released will be out spec by another phone after 6-8 months anyway. You can not go wrong with The Priv.
    +1

I bought my priv from ebay and using that to replace my S7 edge. so far i'm very happy with my purchase (this was like around 400 euro compared with my s7edge that i bought @730 euro)
    Bay 13 and tado261 like this.
    10-24-16 02:29 PM
    I think the main difference between PRIV and other higher end Android devices is similar to the difference between a business PC and a gaming PC. It's a great device for a business-oriented user who values security, a keyboard used for more than games and tapping three word sentences, and a beautiful quad HD display. If you are a heavy gamer and running a gazillion social apps concurrently you may be underwhelmed with thermal performance and battery life. For normal business use however, which is how the phone was intended to be used, it is an outstanding device.
    Mirko935, Bay 13, phuoc and 1 others like this.
    10-24-16 02:35 PM
    Why?

Lots of personal reasons. But a few technical.

1. I was one of the unfortunate few in the beginning to get the bad quality creaky ones.
    2. The battery life initially was horrid, it did smooth out but towards the end here it's diminishing. 6.5 hours down to 4 SOT.
    3. I hate hate hate the android experience. I was truly hoping for more a personalized BlackBerry experience on android but I don't even use any of the features that make it a BlackBerry other than the virtual keyboard.
    4. Depending on what you're willing to spend it is a little out spec'd at the moment. In the 300 dollar range I think it's still priced reasonably but honestly it should be right at the 150-225 range for my liking.
    5. Currently my phone also has no service issues. It's an att branded phone on the att network. I constantly lose service and it won't come back with out a restart.
    10-24-16 03:05 PM
    Only if you can get it for a cheap price

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    10-24-16 03:12 PM
    I am recommending priv. I have owned it for almost a year and if I had to made choice again I would definitely do it.

phone is fast for all day tasks, games and battery life is good. BlackBerry launcher is much better so much that I switched back from Nova launcher for good. camera is ok. updated software definitely helps.

BlackBerry fixed many initial problems. os is fluent and keyboard is awesome.

I enjoy the phone a lot Plus price is so much more reasonable now
    tado261 likes this.
    10-24-16 03:43 PM
    YES!!! Just traded in a Q10 for one and was nervous. STOP WORRYING...do it. It is awesome. With Blackberry calendar, contacts, password keepter and HUB, it is a much easier transition than you think. I read the forums and yest there were issues initially but from what I can tell they are gone. The keyboard is a little smaller but you'll get used to it quick and the ability to scroll on it is worth weight in gold for me. Do it!
    Bay 13 and tado261 like this.
    10-24-16 04:00 PM

I just got mine the other day....great build quality, none of the issues or complaints here...it got warm doing updates but no big deal....i am loving the phone but not loving android...i came from a passport as well...BB 10 is amazing in its simplicity and efficiency compared to this hodge podge of apps that is Android
    FF22 and tado261 like this.
    10-24-16 04:50 PM
    Well have had the Priv since the end of September 2016 and I will say it is a wonderful phone.

The rounded screen is just a lovely sight to look at and makes good use with the Productivity Tab there you can check Calender , Hub , Tasks and Contacts.

The Camera is the best one on any BlackBerry phone but that is just the rear one. The selfie Camera is a little weaker than most IPhone and Samsungs it's about the same as the selfie Cam on the BlackBerry Classic.

The BlackBerry Virtual Keyboard is no Contest the best Virtual Keyboard there is.

The Physical Keyboard is Wonderful too and it helps you keep productive and preserves the screen space which it good for editing documents. It also doubles as a trackpad so you can swipe through doc and pages with ease and minimize red fingerprints on the screen. Although it is a more flat and smaller keypad which can make some upset but it works just fine for me ( I typed this whole comment with it)

The phone is mostly stock Android and really the only remnants of BBOS and BB10 are some pre-installed apps BlackBerry put on there but it's has a smooth run time all Play Store and Amazon apps work great on the phone early any problems.

Also 30GB of storage and also be able to expand with 2TB with micro SD card you do anything you want with this phone never worry about too many apps I have already got 150 and counting apps on this phone.

The Hub is not as good as the BlackBerry Classic or BlackBerry Passport but it still works well for what you want it to do.

The back is very grippy so don't worry about dropping it if you don't have a case it hold in your hand great also if you do drop is the screen is much more durable than any Iphone

Last the Phone Alone is great there are not many things wrong with the phone a majority of the complaints is from BlackBerry diehards who want BB10 the Android on this phone is just fine.

I would recommend the phone to you you will surely love it.
    Bay 13, tado261 and FF22 like this.
    10-24-16 05:25 PM
    I used one for a couple of months. I loved that it closed the app gap for good. I loved the fact that it had both a VKB and a PKB although i found myself sliding the thing to reply to everything( I am a keyboard guy after all). I loved the back as i used it without a case and had zero worries that it was going to fall.

I personally couldn't get used to it, but that's my personal issue and i still would recommend the Priv. It got better and better with updates and BlackBerry is working hard to get that BB10 like feel into everything. I would recommend finding a cheap one if you can online and at least trying it.
    newcollector likes this.
    10-24-16 05:29 PM
    No
    super informative lol

did you have a bad experience?
    10-24-16 05:30 PM
    super informative lol

did you have a bad experience?
    I like to keep things simple. ;-)
    FF22 likes this.
    10-24-16 05:33 PM
    Simple is different than no substance.
    10-24-16 05:56 PM
    Simple is different than no substance.
    We live in an age with people who think you don't have a right to classify them as a he or she because they were born that way. Substance has no relevance anymore.

Also, I did go into more detail in a reply to him.
    10-24-16 05:59 PM
53 123