I've been a BlackBerry fan for years, and have never really liked Android as an OS, but BlackBerry has done a really good job of making Android bearable. I have owned a Priv since May, 2016, and previously used a BlackBerry Z30. I personally am happy with the phone.
    newcollector likes this.
    10-24-16 08:11 PM
    If you get it for a good price I'd say get it. I love this phone but the chipset is a bit old.
    10-24-16 08:30 PM
    I've had mine for just a few days now and I am very happy with my purchase. If you get one, I would advise you to get it fully patched to Android 6.0.1 with the October security update, wipe it, then set it up from scratch. They're still on sale directly from BlackBerry and "quantities are limited."

The typical gripes about the phone are how warm it gets and a cramped keyboard. Apparently, Android Marshmallow fixed a lot of its earlier problems including a lot of the heat. Mine still gets somewhat warm under heavy load but nothing too scary. I'm getting better at the keyboard every but it does feel somewhat underwhelming when you first unbox it.

It's an awesome phone regardless.

Posted via CB10
    tado261 and newcollector like this.
    10-24-16 08:33 PM
    10-24-16 09:28 PM
    It's hard to get a real opinion here. 2 years ago if you mentioned Android on this forum you would have been tarred, Feathered and run off the internet altogether. The collective opinion was, and for the most part this is true, Android is less than good. BB had to get into bed with it and now, Android is great. Draw your own conclusion.Blackberry on Android is still Android at its core
    10-24-16 11:55 PM
    yes me..
    tado261 likes this.
    10-25-16 01:29 AM
    Best blackberry phone till date ,
    Don't even think the dtek60 can rival it in terms of experience ,

If you buy this you going for a very unique experience , I can say I'm totally happy with mine a year in.
    tado261 likes this.
    10-25-16 05:13 AM
    I'm on my second month with my new Priv and everything has been a breeze. None of the issues I've read on this or other forums. I had a Q10 prior, and although the pkb on the Q10 is superior, the Priv pkb is no slouch after you get acclimated within a few days.

I highly recommend it if you can get it at a good price.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-25-16 06:38 AM
    Bought one 2 days ago. Just loving it!
    newcollector likes this.
    10-25-16 09:59 AM
    It's hard to get a real opinion here. 2 years ago if you mentioned Android on this forum you would have been tarred, Feathered and run off the internet altogether. The collective opinion was, and for the most part this is true, Android is less than good. BB had to get into bed with it and now, Android is great. Draw your own conclusion.Blackberry on Android is still Android at its core
    BB10 is done so people are moving on. BB10 is better OS but with no apps and support is worth zero. priv is good android phone and blackberry apps are making it useful. BlackBerry brought best features of BB10 to Android and it works well for me
    FF22 and newcollector like this.
    10-25-16 10:20 AM
    If you get it for a good price I'd say get it. I love this phone but the chipset is a bit old.
    Razor is correct in saying this is definitely a year old set of specs, but I will say in today's world, this matters little. Take the new Moto Z vs. Moto Z Play for instance. The Moto Z has the very brand new chip sets (Snapdragon 820) and higher resolution screen, for the grand total of 700 bucks. The Z Play has a midrange chipset (Snapdragon 625?), "only" 1080p, and is priced just over 400 bucks. Unless you are an extreme power user, wanting to play the latest mobile games, 95% of the people will never be able to tell the difference.

In my opinion, if they came out with an updated Priv with the 821 for $700, and sold the original Priv with the 808 for $400, I would buy the original and save the money. This reason is why so many "mid-range" phones are doing well. It's hard to justify paying an extra 2 to 3 hundred bucks for a very minimal performance boost.

Bottom line, like Razor said, buy the Priv now. The $425 price on Shopblackberry.com is a great buy.
    FF22, tado261 and mithrazor like this.
    10-25-16 10:34 AM
    I love Priv design and it is the last phone made by Blackberry. I do not like DTEK. But I am not sure if I should go for this phone. Many complaints about its build, its experience to compare with other Android phone. I need advise from ones who have used this phone. Many thanks.

Posted by Passport Silver Editon
    Love the Priv!! I come from using a Passport which I loved more than the Priv but certain things were giving me problems. I took a very long time to change and that's because I wasn't an android or IOS user. I purchased a Samsung tablet last year and started getting into the android system and saw that it wasn't that bad. I think having that experience made my transition easier.

The physical phone has never been an issue for me. I think the phone is very well built. I have not had overheating problems or battery problems. The device seems very sturdy and safe, yet I have not dropped it, so I can't tell you if it will survive an actual fall. The keyboard is fine for me, I don't think it's small but it's not huge either. I do have small hands so it's perfect for me.

I put it this way, if you need or want a physical keyboard you can purchase a Priv or wait for the Mercury. If you don't need the keyboard I would go for the DTEK 60, you shouldn't turn it down without actually trying it first.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-25-16 10:41 AM
    I got my priv a fortnight back and quite happy with my purchase. Have used 3 blackberry devices in the past - last one being classic(still use that to use as primary call device). Had to get a priv to fill the app gap - its working as an app phone for me as of now.

Well just today i saw xiaomi note 2 launch on web. Thats beautiful and extremely powerful phone. For a moment i really thought of prebooking it but refrained from doing it on the realisation that the device won't have a pkb.

If you are comfortable with the vkb and the pkb is something doesn't really matter to you, then there are wide range of phones that are atleast double as powerful as priv waiting to get your attention.

Take ur call. Pkb is something only the house of blackberry can offer along with some decent if not the best present day specs.
    10-25-16 11:26 AM
    Anybody knows where to get a hold of a Priv in Rome, Italy?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-16 12:12 PM
    Priv, better than any other Android like eg the Xiaomi of my wife?
    Yes, keyboard and hub being the factors.

Priv better than a Classic?
    No if it is about using it for work. No if you care about privacy, you are stuck to using google play. No if you look at bang for your buck.
    Yes for browsing the internet and getting apps if you care about the latter.
    Last edited by johnsliderbb; 10-26-16 at 03:36 PM.
    10-25-16 02:10 PM
    I love Priv design and it is the last phone made by Blackberry. I do not like DTEK. But I am not sure if I should go for this phone. Many complaints about its build, its experience to compare with other Android phone. I need advise from ones who have used this phone. Many thanks.

I have the Priv since last December, definitely recommended!
    tado261 likes this.
    10-25-16 04:18 PM
    I think for around $300~$350 on the AT&T unlocked I got a great deal. Nice screen and still relevant specs.

Ignore the keyboard as it's just a novelty. Or maybe I'm spoiled by my Passport keyboard. Just use it as a slab phone and you won't be dissapointed.
    10-25-16 04:30 PM
    Got mine today from shopblackberry they shipped it out the next day pretty smooth experience; phone doesnt have the soft back or creaking back but the front left corner does have a bit of a click if u tap it hard (not a deal breaker) got slightly warm when doing updates but nothing crazy at all! I'd recommend it
    10-25-16 04:30 PM
    No regrets here. Great phone after 9 months of use.

Brian
    10-25-16 04:59 PM
    Yes. I had my reservations but still picked one up when it went on sale. The back facing camera is great, the overall feel in the hand is good (imho) and the glass weave backing is awesome. Balance is great when you slide the PKB out. Compared to the Passport (and other BB's) the PKB is shallower in depth and takes some time to adapt to it. I am eagerly waiting on a Mercury as I'm perfectly happy with an "always on" PKB (in fact prefer it), but the Priv beats no PKB at all.

Only potential downsides: if you're a PKB die hard, sliding out may become annoying (I didn't find that to be the case surprisingly); Front facing camera is small (2MP).
    newcollector likes this.
    10-25-16 05:54 PM
    Still trying to get used to this android experience... it's quite a change... gonna give it a good try though... bb10 was so fluid compared to this...
    10-26-16 02:59 AM
    Razor is correct in saying this is definitely a year old set of specs, but I will say in today's world, this matters little. Take the new Moto Z vs. Moto Z Play for instance. The Moto Z has the very brand new chip sets (Snapdragon 820) and higher resolution screen, for the grand total of 700 bucks. The Z Play has a midrange chipset (Snapdragon 625?), "only" 1080p, and is priced just over 400 bucks. Unless you are an extreme power user, wanting to play the latest mobile games, 95% of the people will never be able to tell the difference.

In my opinion, if they came out with an updated Priv with the 821 for $700, and sold the original Priv with the 808 for $400, I would buy the original and save the money. This reason is why so many "mid-range" phones are doing well. It's hard to justify paying an extra 2 to 3 hundred bucks for a very minimal performance boost.

Bottom line, like Razor said, buy the Priv now. The $425 price on Shopblackberry.com is a great buy.
    The law of diminishing returns. I used to yield to the sheen of new smartphones and tablets every year. Sure, the bump to a faster processor, better screen, etc were hard to resist. But it came to a point the other year when the incremental improvements were hardly discernible anymore and the initial thrill of having the latest and greatest lasted no more than a few weeks.

I caved in and purchased my new Priv last month, but only because it was the price of a mid-range smartphone these days. I guess moving forward, this would be the way to go for me. Better value for my money.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-26-16 03:10 AM
    Interesting comments from so many perspectives. I too recommend the Priv but I have a penchant for sliders. My first two BlackBerry's were Torch sliders. This keyboard on the Priv reminds me of the Torch one, but this one is definitely better.

I have my Priv for work and it does everything I need it to do and does it very well. I like the ability to customize my user experience that I lost when I was on BB10. But that ability to customize can be a little overwhelming as you learn what you can change and can't. There are a plethora of launchers that work really well as well as some icon sets.

The Priv is very powerful. I have not had an issue where it couldn't handle what I needed to do. It does take some getting used to from BB10. That is not all bad.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-26-16 12:07 PM
    Thank you all. I am glad to see many users who are satisfied with Priv. I will buy one to use with my PP.

10-27-16 06:31 AM
    BB10 is done so people are moving on. BB10 is better OS but with no apps and support is worth zero. priv is good android phone and blackberry apps are making it useful. BlackBerry brought best features of BB10 to Android and it works well for me
    I'll take it a step further. BB10 isn't WORTH zero to some people, including myself, it just MADE zero dollars for BlackBerry and that's the reason for the pivot into android.

I hate that no other BB10 phones are coming out, but that's the way it goes.

I'm hoping they put out the keyboard android so that I have something to get whenever I decide to give up the Passport/Classic.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    10-27-16 08:35 AM
53 123