Hello everyone -- I know you can have two cell phone #'s on one device when using two SIM cards...however, aside from that...does anyone have two cell phone #'s on their Priv? Using an app called Good? Or an app called Sideline?

What about Google Voice? I know I can have one number "ported" over to my Priv, and therefore make and receive calls and send/receive texts from "both" numbers...is anyone doing this? I am looking to have my personal cell # and my business cell # on my new Priv...any advice? Thank you in advance.
    08-01-16 12:53 PM
    I use 2 cell phone numbers with skype. I registered an account, bought minimum credit and associated the one phone number with the account. The SIM is also set to redirect all calls to the working number. So, all I need is an internet connection and I get 2 numbers on 1 phone.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-01-16 01:29 PM
    I use Google Voice on my Priv as my primary personal number. My carrier number is business only. You can easily do it if you sign up for Google Voice and port one of your existing numbers to Google. GV is supported by Hangouts, so you won't need to install the GV app.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-01-16 02:53 PM
    I use 2 cell phone numbers with skype. I registered an account, bought minimum credit and associated the one phone number with the account. The SIM is also set to redirect all calls to the working number. So, all I need is an internet connection and I get 2 numbers on 1 phone.
    Thank you..I appreciate the advice...

I use Google Voice on my Priv as my primary personal number. My carrier number is business only. You can easily do it if you sign up for Google Voice and port one of your existing numbers to Google. GV is supported by Hangouts, so you won't need to install the GV app.
    Thank you very much. Actually, I was hoping to use GV. That said, so I port one of my existing numbers to GV...OK, I got that. Either I will eventually figure it out, or I'll have to get an IT/tech person to do it...because I am a tech *****! LOL.

However, you mentioned that GV is supported by Hangouts (which I've never heard of, so I am guessing it's an app of some sort), so I won't need to install the GV app...question...why would I try and avoid installing the GV app? Is there a cost or problem with it?

Also, I am guessing I need the same/current data plan, talk, text, etc. -- so other than carrying around two devices, this is really not a cost-saving measure, right? I currently have a Bold 9930, which I use for texting, email, calendar, contacts, etc., everything but talking. Then, I have an LG Exhalt 2 flip phone I use strictly as a cell phone for talking. I know, sounds like a tech *****, and yes, I am! LOL.

Thanks again.
    08-01-16 03:22 PM
    I have 3 on my phone. The main number is my personal cell phone number. Google Voice is my "business" cell number and the Sideline number, I use for buying/selling things on Craigslist, website data forms, etc. All work great.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-01-16 04:24 PM
    I have 3 on my phone. The main number is my personal cell phone number. Google Voice is my "business" cell number and the Sideline number, I use for buying/selling things on Craigslist, website data forms, etc. All work great.
    Thank you very much...I greatly appreciate the heads up/info...So, how do you handle the data/calling/texting plan with 3 cell phone #'s? Were you able to save money just using one device? If you don't mind me asking -- who is your carrier?

Did you set this all up yourself? Did you need tech help or anything? Thank you again.
    08-01-16 11:52 PM
    I signed up for a Google Voice number on my Gmail acct. and installed the Googel Voice app. Then, I downloaded the Sideline app and got a number though that as well. Bingo! 3 numbers all using the same the data and minutes that my regular cell uses. You can also use Google Voice through wi-fi.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-02-16 12:01 AM
    I signed up for a Google Voice number on my Gmail acct. and installed the Googel Voice app. Then, I downloaded the Sideline app and got a number though that as well. Bingo! 3 numbers all using the same the data and minutes that my regular cell uses. You can also use Google Voice through wi-fi.
    That is really cool. Some practical questions:
    Do you basically have the numbers set up so you know which one is calling in. How do yo have it set up to access the specific one you want use for a particular outgoing call (With separate apps or are they all set up in the Hub?) I have heard of Google Voice numbers but haven't heard of Sideline.
    With one number, of course, all the recent calls show with tiles when pressing the standard phone app. I use that a lot.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-02-16 12:45 AM
    I use two numbers with one from Verizon and the other one being Vonage Extensions App.

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on America's 🌎 largest network.
    Tech Idiot and bluesqueen23 like this.
    08-02-16 06:32 AM
    Do you basically have the numbers set up so you know which one is calling in. How do yo have it set up to access the specific one you want use for a particular outgoing call (With separate apps or are they all set up in the Hub?) I have heard of Google Voice numbers but haven't heard of Sideline.
    With one number, of course, all the recent calls show with tiles when pressing the standard phone app. I use that a lot.
    That is really cool -- and thanks for the great questions.

Also, so, correct me if I am wrong, after setting it up this way, this didn't impact or save you any money on your calling/data plan? It didn't cost any more either, right? A friend tipped my off to Sideline, but then people started telling me about GV and said that was easy (not for me, as nothing with tech is easy, LOL).

Thanks again.
    08-02-16 07:29 AM
    I use two numbers with one from Verizon and the other one being Vonage Extensions App.

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on America's �� largest network.
    Thanks...just curious...why two carriers? Did you simply have two phones and two carriers at some point?

So, today, could you save money with one carrier? Thanks again.
    08-02-16 07:30 AM
    However, you mentioned that GV is supported by Hangouts (which I've never heard of, so I am guessing it's an app of some sort), so I won't need to install the GV app...question...why would I try and avoid installing the GV app? Is there a cost or problem with it?

Also, I am guessing I need the same/current data plan, talk, text, etc. -- so other than carrying around two devices, this is really not a cost-saving measure, right? I currently have a Bold 9930, which I use for texting, email, calendar, contacts, etc., everything but talking. Then, I have an LG Exhalt 2 flip phone I use strictly as a cell phone for talking. I know, sounds like a tech *****, and yes, I am! LOL.

Thanks again.
    Hangouts is a google app, that replaces Google Voice and Messenger, can be used as a default SMS app and lets you handle calls/text from one app. It unifies your communication. The GV app is rarely updated and is pretty basic, once you configure Hangouts (it is usually preinstalled on Android phones), you'll pretty much use it for SMS and GV.

With GV, there is no associated cost. So if you port one of your carrier numbers to GV, then all you pay is for one phone service, to which GV will forward all your calls. The texting will use the data plan of your phone service.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-02-16 10:16 AM
    GV allows you to select which number to use, when making an outgoing call. Hangouts does the same thing when you have to call/text.
    With incoming calls, there is no easy way to segregate. It's usually hard to figure out which number is ringing.
    08-02-16 10:19 AM
    GV allows you to select which number to use, when making an outgoing call. Hangouts does the same thing when you have to call/text.
    With incoming calls, there is no easy way to segregate. It's usually hard to figure out which number is ringing.
    I just wonder if it would be possible to set it up with a different ring tone for the one and the other the same way as for different notification sounds for incoming email addresses or message services--I also have a different sound for regular text messages, BBM, Telegram, and What's App.
    08-02-16 01:32 PM
    Hangouts is a google app, that replaces Google Voice and Messenger, can be used as a default SMS app and lets you handle calls/text from one app. It unifies your communication. The GV app is rarely updated and is pretty basic, once you configure Hangouts (it is usually preinstalled on Android phones), you'll pretty much use it for SMS and GV.

With GV, there is no associated cost. So if you port one of your carrier numbers to GV, then all you pay is for one phone service, to which GV will forward all your calls. The texting will use the data plan of your phone service.
    Thank you very much. Sounds great -- sounds like an excellent tool/app to use, considering GV is relatively basic, rarely updated, etc.

So after you port the existing number to GV, and then GV rings it or whatever to the one device -- you just keep paying the carrier for the line? Maybe I misunderstood what you said -- but do you pay the carrier for two lines or just one? Sorry...I am the tech *****. LOL.

Texting uses the data plan -- and calls, to and from either number, use the talk portion of the plan? Thanks again.
    08-02-16 02:51 PM
    I just wonder if it would be possible to set it up with a different ring tone for the one and the other the same way as for different notification sounds for incoming email addresses or message services--I also have a different sound for regular text messages, BBM, Telegram, and What's App.
    I would hope there might be a "profile" for a ringtone for one number, and then a separate "profile" with a different ringtone for the second or other number. If it can be done number specific, mass basis, that would be great. But, if it had to be done manually -- that would be a royal pain! LOL.
    08-02-16 03:09 PM
    So after you port the existing number to GV, and then GV rings it or whatever to the one device -- you just keep paying the carrier for the line? Maybe I misunderstood what you said -- but do you pay the carrier for two lines or just one? Sorry...I am the tech *****. LOL.

Texting uses the data plan -- and calls, to and from either number, use the talk portion of the plan? Thanks again.
    Google Hangouts uses data. So if you have a cellphone with service from a carrier, you get a number from the carrier and if you sign up with Google Voice, you get a Google Voice number. Hangouts is the app you use to, I guess conveniently access your Google Voice number (make and receive calls, send/receive texts, etc.) Technically, you don't need service from a carrier to maintain a Google Voice number. It just helps having a cellular data plan to keep your Google Voice number accessible at all times.

But keep in mind that Google is recording and storing your Google Voice calls. But if you're OK with that, carry on.
    FF22 and Tech Idiot like this.
    08-03-16 11:32 AM
    Reviews for Sideline say that if you want to keep your main personal number private not to use this app. I'm thinking there truth in that review.

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on America's 🌎 largest network.
    08-08-16 07:18 AM