If proven with actual numbers that this form factor is succesful in sales, Do you think we should get a Priv-S (upgraded specs, almost identical look priv) model by mid Or 3rd quarter?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-25-16 11:15 AM
    Absolutely. Priv S and Priv S+ too.

But seriously when are we getting our Privs,?? , forget the Priv S. It's not even launched in our region. 28th Jan is the official launch date.

Posted via CB10
    PhilR8 likes this.
    01-25-16 11:20 AM
    If proven with actual numbers that this form factor is succesful in sales, Do you think we should get a Priv-S (upgraded specs, almost identical look priv) model by mid Or 3rd quarter?

Umm...Storm 2, Torch 2...

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    01-25-16 11:25 AM
    I wouldn't think we will see the second rendition of the PRIV until well after the release of the Vienna. I wouldn't be too surprised to hear they are working on the PRIV 2, but the way they are releasing devices now I'd say 2017 at best.
    01-25-16 11:46 AM

So, what is this Priv S?

Chen has already stated that he intends to sell the Priv as we know it now through to the end of 2017 at least. Granted the likelihood of "Priv 2" within that same time frame is possible, I am wondering if they would go with an entirely different form factor all together. Reason being that a Priv with updated specs would kill most chances of selling off the remaining older Privs unless the price on them were to drop significantly. Of course that would then in turn cause some buyers to choose the older, way cheaper, model over the new one. Another reason, or more of a clue, is that over the last three years each phone released by BlackBerry was different (okay, so the Z3, Z10, Z30, and Leap were all similar as well as the Q5 and Q10 --Classic, too, perhaps-- outside of perhaps the Z10 and Z30 they were all intended with specific users or markets in mind. I am 100% positive that Chen does not want to make that same mistake again). Louks is also on record as saying that BlackBerry would always manufacture "unique" devices.

So, if they go with another slider it would most likely be smaller. A Priv mini, I suppose.
    01-25-16 01:12 PM
    I doubt that we will see another version of the Priv before 2017 at least. Chen said that there will be another phone running Android released in 2016 and that is most likely the Vienna. There is no point for BB to release multiple devices now, the hardware business has not regained its health yet for them to start releasing devices left and right.
    If there is a Priv 2 in the works for 2017, maybe we will have 2 versions of it, one with PKB and one without, if any.
    01-25-16 02:40 PM
    No not until 2017 please

Posted via Priv
    01-25-16 03:06 PM
    It's going to be hard to have some kind of rapid incremental upgrade when you have such a staggered rollout with most carriers not even getting the Priv yet. You're going to have some carriers who only have the Priv and others who have the upgraded version. Palm had some of that going on with Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon and it kind of sucked. It's one thing if your carrier doesn't carry the Priv but it's another thing entirely if they carry the Priv but not the updated one.
    01-25-16 03:32 PM
    I think we'll hear about a device from crackberry months before it comes outlike every other device blackberry has ever made lol. So no.
    01-25-16 05:28 PM
    In my considered opinion BlackBerry should only release a single smartphone each year and support the entire BlackBerry Android for at least 10 years.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    01-25-16 06:08 PM
    Umm...Storm 2, Torch 2...

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    Don't you dare mention that device in a CB forum ever again.

lol
    mundo472 likes this.
    01-26-16 05:21 AM
    Priv S, please don't let the BB10 people hear you say such things, please now go and wash your mouth out with detergent !
    01-26-16 06:02 AM
    Don't you dare mention that device in a CB forum ever again.

lol
    Those that refuse to remember the mistakes of the past.......
    01-26-16 07:48 AM
    Breaking news: Priv launched in India. MSRP: INR/₹ 63,000/-
    Is it worth it?
    He'll no.
    Just got my Lenovo K4 Note delivered by Amazon at ₹11,998/-
    Goodbye BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-16 03:28 AM
    That is US $925.00
    What are they trying to prove?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tx ram; 02-29-16 at 09:02 AM.
    01-28-16 03:38 AM
    That is US $925.00
    What are they trying to proove?

Posted via CB10
    Do phones in India usually have that kind of markup compared to US price? That's a 32% increase in cost. Only difference I can think of is that most phones are made in China while the Priv is made in Mexico.
    01-28-16 03:57 AM
    Do phones in India usually have that kind of markup compared to US price? That's a 32% increase in cost. Only difference I can think of is that most phones are made in China while the Priv is made in Mexico.
    Bb has sold some great numbers in India, by it legacy devices or bb10. They know that they have a great market. But, going with their earlier practices and (maybe) to manage their initial stock shortages, they may have prices their first lot if Imports a little higher to sell at a premium. Also that the Indian Govt has increased import taxes on smart phones(announced. In today's Budget) , we have to expect a further price rise. Making the Priv a real "privileged" product. More expensive that the iPhone 6s+.

However the bb management at the launch event of the Priv in India have categorically stated that there are more Android "phones" to follow. Pls note the plural of phones there. Like I mentioned in one of my previous posts, Bb is going to take some time to spread it's reach to all major markets/carriers and only then launch the other cheaper android devices.

We may also see the next devices with integrated fp sensors and higher security integrated onto its hardware to make the phones more safer and secure. The bar form factor is the most awaited, I guess a real business user would not want a phones with too many moving parts, for reliability and durability.

Remember patience pays.

9900 to q5 to Android
    02-29-16 09:16 AM
    Bb has sold some great numbers in India, be it legacy devices or bb10. They know that they have a great market. But, going with their earlier practices and (maybe) to manage their initial stock shortages, they may have priced their first lot of Imports a little higher to sell at a premium. Also that the Indian Govt has increased import taxes on smart phones(announced in today's Budget) , expect a further price rise. Making the Priv a real "privileged" product. More expensive that the iPhone 6s+.

However the bb management at the launch event of the Priv in India have categorically stated that there are more Android "phones" to follow. Pls note the plural of phones there. Like I mentioned in one of my previous posts, Bb is going to take some time to spread it's reach to all major markets/carriers and only then launch the other cheaper android devices.

We may also see the next devices with integrated fp sensors and higher security integrated onto its hardware to make the phones more safer and secure as the Privs tech specs are already obsolete. The bar form factor is the most awaited, I guess, as real business user would not want phones with too many moving parts, for reliability and durability.

Remember patience pays.

9900 to q5 to Android
    9900 to q5 to Android
    02-29-16 09:27 AM
    I'd love to see it. It would be nice if BlackBerry upgraded their flagship devices yearly... One could only dream.

Posted using my favorite BlackBerry of all time - Priv.
    02-29-16 10:39 AM
    Well I would have paid 800+ bucks for a Priv Silver Edition with SD820 and metal chassis. But I prefer BlackBerry releasing a priv 2 (se) at the end of 2016 or 2017 MWC with the latest internals. By the way they should only go for slider and the Vienna. 2 devices no more.

02-29-16 01:47 PM