Under these circumstances?

Would be using the passport as my daily driver. Using Priv for Pokemon Go.
    I would set up all my accounts on the priv just to make sure that it's ready for a Sim swap.
    What real concerns should I have if I wanted to make this my daily driver.
    Have the updates realyll improved battery life, responsiveness and what not?

Lol I might get this phone as a gift but I initially would use it for pokemon go and just swap the Sims, don't think there's to much trouble other than swapping BBM back and forth every few days. Which I use a lot.

1hat do you guys think any advice for me?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 09:37 AM
    There are many here using the PRIV as their daily driver... and many never had issues with battery life or responsiveness and what not.

I'd say yes the PRIV is the way to go...
    FF22 likes this.
    07-13-16 09:43 AM
    It's not like I don't use android devices, I just wonder if those added apps really help in the transition to android. I find that the app switching in Android is kind of annoying and I like how the Priv lays everything out nicely to see. But on the other hand do you think you find moving around the operating system a bit easier than most android devices? And has the Hub experience been worked out? Also is there instant reply like we have on BB10. I didn't know how to get that working on one of my temporary (cheap android devices).
    I know theses are small requests but i don't really see many people reviewing Android to it's entirety nowadays. so I ask for the small things. Also what do you guys like most about Blackberry's Priv compared to other Android Devices?
    07-13-16 10:13 AM
    It's not like I don't use android devices, I just wonder if those added apps really help in the transition to android. I find that the app switching in Android is kind of annoying and I like how the Priv lays everything out nicely to see. But on the other hand do you think you find moving around the operating system a bit easier than most android devices? And has the Hub experience been worked out? Also is there instant reply like we have on BB10. I didn't know how to get that working on one of my temporary (cheap android devices).
    I know theses are small requests but i don't really see many people reviewing Android to it's entirety nowadays. so I ask for the small things. Also what do you guys like most about Blackberry's Priv compared to other Android Devices?
    Don't see any difference in moving around the operating system... the PRIV's launcher is pretty generic android.

HUB has improved greatly... no gestures, but it is very comforting for BB10 users.

Instant Reply.... not sure what you mean, there is a reply button. And emails do come and go using the same activesync or Imap protocol as BB10 did.

Compare... personally if you need a PKB device, there are no comparisons. If you can get the PRIV for a really great price.... why compare. Otherwise, there are other features that some might want - Fingerprint Reader, Waterproofing, Newer more powerful hardware.... depends on you.
    07-13-16 11:32 AM
    Don't see any difference in moving around the operating system... the PRIV's launcher is pretty generic android.

HUB has improved greatly... no gestures, but it is very comforting for BB10 users.

Instant Reply.... not sure what you mean, there is a reply button. And emails do come and go using the same activesync or Imap protocol as BB10 did.

Compare... personally if you need a PKB device, there are no comparisons. If you can get the PRIV for a really great price.... why compare. Otherwise, there are other features that some might want - Fingerprint Reader, Waterproofing, Newer more powerful hardware.... depends on you.
    Ok cool just making sure what I mean by the reply button is the instant reply "toast "notification if I'm correct that you get on BlackBerry 10. Is there something special to set that up or something?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 12:42 PM
    On the Priv you can check and turn on or disable the permissions using Dtek. After your games are played that is a great advantage to be able to disable the permissions.
    I haven't tried the game but have there have been sightings around my town of groups of people all staring at their phones wandering the streets.
    07-13-16 06:51 PM
    Ok cool just making sure what I mean by the reply button is the instant reply "toast "notification if I'm correct that you get on BlackBerry 10. Is there something special to set that up or something?

Posted via CB10
    Android does have the instant reply you are referring to, but not all apps may have the option to use them and it may look different from app to app. The hub on the priv is much better than I expected. I have instant replies enabled, but I don't find myself using them. Instead, I just swipe up to go directly to the hub to open the message.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-13-16 08:49 PM
    Cool Thanks this really helps me out. And yeah my neighboorhood is filled with people, I've enjoyed going out even though people think it's quite silly, but living in Florida, Tourist "trap" it kind of gives us something to do. And allowed us to meet new people.
    07-14-16 06:46 PM
    Thanks, I'm glad the Hub has worked a lot better than what you expected. I still don't see the hate behind the Priv, I was hoping to understand what people consider it's downfall?
    07-14-16 06:48 PM
    Thanks, I'm glad the Hub has worked a lot better than what you expected. I still don't see the hate behind the Priv, I was hoping to understand what people consider it's downfall?
    It's still not BB10 but why would it be. It's Android with some BB10 features. Some people were expecting the Android part of it to be hidden away, perhaps they thought Android+BB10 is like QNX+BB10, but it will never be, thus there will be a learning curve. Adjust your expectations and you'll be fine, the Hub tho missing some features will get better over time.
    07-14-16 06:59 PM
    I like my priv but for the price I wouldn't buy it just to play a game lol

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    07-14-16 07:24 PM
    The Priv have been my daily driver for a few months now, and its been great. The MM update gave me an additional hour of screen on time too, so I get on average 3.5 hours of SOT with moderate usage.

Pretty alright if you ask me

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-14-16 08:05 PM
    I like my priv but for the price I wouldn't buy it just to play a game lol

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    I figured it be a good excuse to try something new lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 10:31 PM
    Coming from Android, the priv is a decent phone and you get the physical keyboard. And the game works too...had to show off to my kids!
    07-15-16 09:00 AM
    I have a bad attitude about Pok�mon Go.

But I use a Passport and Priv daily. I think the combination is great and have no difficulties with the Priv except that it took a couple of days to readjust to the smaller keyboard. The criticisms, with the exception of heat, are overblown and the reviewers miss so many thoughtful features that I'd like to heckle all of them. The heat issue was instantly resolved with the MM update.

Unless you are so steeped in the minutiae of the hub that all of the BB10 features are do or die, the Priv is an easy choice. The specs are more than adequate to run Android and play, ugh, Pok�mon Go.

The one thing I miss is BB10 gestures, and I think BlackBerry can add them because I have gestures on other launchers.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    FF22 and Jose Casiano like this.
    07-15-16 09:07 AM

The one thing I miss is BB10 gestures, and I think BlackBerry can add them because I have gestures on other launchers.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    A gesture mode that binds common Android functions to gestures would be a great idea. I don't know if they can make it default and follow all of Google's rules for licensing but they can certainly make it a user option.
    07-15-16 12:21 PM
    I have used my Priv as my daily driver for months now, simply out of necessity, as I upgraded because I damaged the screen accidentally before a trip, and didn't have the time to get the screen replaced. Anyway, I have found that there has been little to no change in my productivity between the two devices once I got through the learning curve of transitioning from BlackBerry 10 to Android UI. I don't find myself missing my Z30 at all actually.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-15-16 12:31 PM