Yeah. Black Hub.
    anon(8908445) and MikeRotch76 like this.
    12-27-15 09:17 PM
    That'd be nice haha

Posted via CB10
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    12-27-15 09:29 PM
    Agree

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 09:33 PM
    True, and especially true in this case because with an OLED screen it would make a HUGE difference in power consumption.
    anon(8908445) and Andy Wijaya like this.
    12-27-15 09:35 PM
    Black themed hub would be nice. Probably more of a want than a need though.

I would not be surprised if they have a development task in their tracking system for this. Probably all the way at the bottom of their backlog.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    12-27-15 09:37 PM
    To improve battery life it should be near the top, considering how much time we spend in the hub.
    12-27-15 10:19 PM
    It would hurt if the Priv got it after we've been asking for it for years on the Q10 lol
    FCSC and Q10Bold like this.
    12-27-15 10:44 PM
    Yes yes yes!!!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    12-27-15 10:48 PM
    Yeah, and Marshmallow presumably was supposed to come with a dark theme for the whole OS, but I guess Google scrapped it or it didn't make it to final ver. :-/ Shame. AMOLED screens like these scream for dark themes.

My texting app, Textra, has a "Light", "Dark", and "Black" theme, and holy-judas-priest it's so beautiful on the black setting! My previous phone didn't have an AMOLED, so the "black" looked good, but not like this!
    My twitter app, Fenix, also has a beautiful dark theme.
    12-27-15 11:09 PM
    It would hurt if the Priv got it after we've been asking for it for years on the Q10 lol
    It's their plan.. They want to force you to buy the Priv.. Hwahahaha!! (Evil laughing)
    12-28-15 04:59 AM

I would not be surprised if they have a development task in their tracking system for this. Probably all the way at the bottom of their backlog.

I think it is a need. Considering that Priv is the only BlackBerry with Android OS at the moment and it is using an AMOLED screen. I actually wonder myself why didn't they have this in mind when they are developing the app. Some "research" showed that using black theme can reduce battery consumption up to 30 percent!
    12-28-15 05:02 AM
    Agreed. Dark looks so much nicer in my opinion.
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    12-28-15 06:15 AM
    Options are nice. But android was all black with white font in the jelly bean days. It's moved past that and isn't looking back now.
    12-28-15 06:49 AM
    Dark better than black. Black looks like Android from 2007.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-28-15 06:52 AM
    Dark better than black. Black looks like Android from 2007.

But if it's not true black, would the diode still light up? If that's so, it won't give any difference to the battery life.
    12-28-15 10:50 AM
    But if it's not true black, would the diode still light up? If that's so, it won't give any difference to the battery life.
    I don't care about battery life. Dark >>>>> black. EOS.

12-28-15 10:52 AM
    I don't care about battery life. Dark >>>>> black. EOS.

And..... that's when we walk away lol
    12-28-15 11:08 AM
    #blackhubsmatter

jope28, qwerty4ever and Appsdk like this.
    12-28-15 11:46 AM
    #blackhubsmatter

Hahahahaha

qwerty4ever likes this.
    12-28-15 12:44 PM
    Push!
    Still needed: black skin for all BlackBerry apps :-)

Posted via CB10
    branflakes likes this.
    08-12-16 03:46 PM

we've been begging them for a dark hub for years (for bb10).

it's not as if the dark theme rules aren't already well established (for the most part) due to the existence of the dark settings app, or any of the other dark-themed bb apps.

a system-wide toggle should have been a no-brainer in 10.2
    08-12-16 03:56 PM
    I disagree , to read and type long messages it's much easier on a white theme.
    This was at least my experience when I was using Note 2 with black theme in the mail app.
    Of course it's always nice to have options and be able to chose between white and black.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    08-12-16 05:42 PM
    I disagree , to read and type long messages it's much easier on a white theme.
    This was at least my experience when I was using Note 2 with black theme in the mail app.
    Of course it's always nice to have options and be able to chose between white and black.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    I believe that's actually only a matter of accustoming. Especially extensive reading gets much more efficient in relatively short time in grey on black (white on black is just too harsh of a contrast). It's a relief of the strain on the eyes.
    Writing an composing complex texts is a different thing at first. We have pretty much adapted to having a white space to compose on, be it paper to write or sketch on, an canvas to paint on, or the white canvas in our heads we use to paint our thoughts on, just like on a whiteboard. Thing is, though, that all the papers, canvases and whiteboards aren't emitting harsh light but reflect what's there anyway, other than our computer screens. I got used to switching between between white reflected light media and black emitting light media quite fast by just using them as the situation demands.
    After a day at work (at a computer), my eyes suffer badly from staring at white screens at night but I have no problems whatsoever using grey on black for hours and hours.
    But I know what you mean: at first, I couldn't focus on the task at hand (or at least it felt like that) when I tried inverting black and white on my devices. Today at times it's the other way around minus the excruciating headaches at night.
    Let's agree to freedom of choice, it's only between two options anyway :-)

Posted via CB10
    fanisk likes this.
    08-12-16 07:10 PM
    Yeah, and Marshmallow presumably was supposed to come with a dark theme for the whole OS, but I guess Google scrapped it or it didn't make it to final ver. :-/ Shame. AMOLED screens like these scream for dark themes.

My texting app, Textra, has a "Light", "Dark", and "Black" theme, and holy-judas-priest it's so beautiful on the black setting! My previous phone didn't have an AMOLED, so the "black" looked good, but not like this!
    My twitter app, Fenix, also has a beautiful dark theme.
    *1 good sir

08-12-16 09:31 PM
    Yeah. Black Hub.
    Yuuuuup... An optional dark theme throughout the Hub as well other parts of the Priv/future BlackBerry devices (i.e. the dialer, settings menu, etc...) would be the most splendid thing in my opinion as well... But if they haven't done it by now, chances are it's just not in their wheelhouse...

08-12-16 11:26 PM
49 12