Do u guys move your apps to an external SQ card

Just curious

Thanks
    04-12-17 04:31 AM
    Hello you can move apps that allow it. I try to always free up memory and move all media and apps that allow it to sd card.
    04-12-17 04:48 AM
    Thanks for the reply...does it effect performance of you move em
    04-12-17 05:22 AM
    I personally have not noticed any lags in opening. Though recommend you purchase and install SD card. Do not settle for cheap cards before your purchase check opinions on Google. Also there are a lot of fake cards out there.
    04-12-17 05:26 AM
    Do u guys move your apps to an external SQ card

Just curious

Thanks
    No, I have never done that. I do keep photos, music, videos and all kinds of documents on the sd card. So far with lots and lots of apps and the data that they create, I still have not run into any problems with space.

Also, I believe there can be complications with using that "combined" form of storage between Internal and Sd-card. But maybe Rico can address those possible issues.
    04-12-17 09:05 AM
    No, I have never done that. I do keep photos, music, videos and all kinds of documents on the sd card. So far with lots and lots of apps and the data that they create, I still have not run into any problems with space.

Also, I believe there can be complications with using that "combined" form of storage between Internal and Sd-card. But maybe Rico can address those possible issues.
    I set up my PRIV with shared storage option so SD card is shared alongside internal memory. This is an option that when you first insert the SD you get. For this recommended as mentioned above you use a quality card my case using a class 10 / U3 Samsung PRO plus. It's not your cheapest card but yes a very good card. I rather have all my information safe!. Also that card is fast in that when I store apps on there do not notice any lag whatsoever in opening. Now once you use this option the card is encrypted so can only be read by your device! From a security stand point if card taken out Nobody whatsoever could read it. I do regular backups. Also on install used the BlackBerry app in Google playstore called EXFAT driver setting up the card. With this setup my PRIV runs very smooth with ALL media and some apps stored in SD card. Like everything there also option not to share memory and leave the card as external memory. So not encryted and can be taken out and read anywhere by yourself and or anybody else. The options are there. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-14-17 04:04 AM
    If you chose to adopt your SD as internal memory, make absolutely sure you have a top notch card, and verify it's not fake.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ogic.sdi&hl=en
    Then never remove it, ever, you might get away with dismounting it and removing, then putting it back in, you might not.
    Make sure the card is installed and operational before doing any updates, updates can change the encryption key.
    Many problems with using using SD as internal memory, admittedly most are due to operator error. But quite a number of reports of failed cards causing all kinds of problems, and SD cards fail a lot more often than the onboard memory.
    I, and most others recommend that you do not use SD as internal memory.
    I won't post a bunch of articles, just do a search for "sd as internal memory problems".
    04-14-17 11:15 AM
    If you chose to adopt your SD as internal memory, make absolutely sure you have a top notch card, and verify it's not fake.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ogic.sdi&hl=en
    Then never remove it, ever, you might get away with dismounting it and removing, then putting it back in, you might not.
    Make sure the card is installed and operational before doing any updates, updates can change the encryption key.
    Many problems with using using SD as internal memory, admittedly most are due to operator error. But quite a number of reports of failed cards causing all kinds of problems, and SD cards fail a lot more often than the onboard memory.
    I, and most others recommend that you do not use SD as internal memory.
    I won't post a bunch of articles, just do a search for "sd as internal memory problems".
    Then there is that new Post from the other day. Her phone was run over and destroyed but the card survived. Unfortunately, it was used as an extension of Internal Storage and encrypted. The data on the card is lost forever. She canNOT recover it even though the card is physically fine. Obviously a rare occurrence but it can happen.
    04-14-17 12:03 PM
    The following is a quote, by me on the other thread that FF22, (formerly known as F2) mentioned directly above.

If it's necessary for one to store damaging info on the SD card, go ahead and adopt to internal memory.
    But for the overwhelming majority of us, there is no need for that.
    So what if somebody gets a hold of my pics, music and vids, I might miss them if I haven't backed up, but thats about it.

Google needs to stop messing with the SD, just set it up as plain old vanilla removable mass storage, and let us decide what to what to do with it. Encrypt certain files if we want, encrypt the whole thing if we want, move apps if we want. There are a number of good encryption apps, that used to work fine on Android, you could even pull the SD, put it in a computer, or another phone - enter your password and go.
    FF22 and murphy_thom like this.
    04-14-17 04:27 PM