New to the BB scene here, this would actually be my first BB device in a very long time. I've been using an iPhone since the first one released (Also went on a Hiatus with the first Android phone the G1 for a while but shortly after went back to iOS with the iPhone 3G). Funny story with this new Priv I actually started thinking to myself about how much I missed my old keyboard phones before everything became a candy bar and couldn't help shake the feeling that I couldn't believe no one was making a smart phone with flagship level specs that could utilize a full hardware keyboard anymore and along came BB to save the day! I couldn't beleive someone out there was even having the same train of thought as me on this subject. I'm a little late to the party but I ordered my Priv last night on eBay (SVT100-1) and can't wait to try it out despite the slight negatives I have heard in reviews. I've been looking to switch back to android and the new BB Priv was the phone to finally make me take that leap again. Here's hoping the Priv goes the mile and BB goes on to make many more great devices like this one!
    12-05-15 10:41 PM
    Welcome iKixxit.

You can call your new phone, iPriv, during the transitional period after so long with everything i. LOL... have fun!

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 12:32 AM
    Bad choice. Get a nexus 6p and load the Blackberry software onto it
    12-06-15 11:21 AM
    I don't know why you would trade a solid operating device for a buggy experiment with an inferior camera. Just for the PKB? Maybe, but the Priv PKB is inferior to the Q10 minus the capacitive touch.
    12-06-15 11:25 AM
    I don't know why you would trade a solid operating device for a buggy experiment with an inferior camera. Just for the PKB? Maybe, but the Priv PKB is inferior to the Q10 minus the capacitive touch.
    The priv has an 18 megapixel camera. The iphone 6 plus only has an 8...and only a 1.2 front facing...

Posted from my Priv!
    Rodimus Prime likes this.
    12-06-15 11:27 AM
    ...maybe I woke up too soon, enjoy your new phone
    The priv has an 18 megapixel camera.

Posted from my Priv!
    Don't get caught up in the specs, that's less than half the battle
    iorto390 likes this.
    Don't get caught up in the specs, that's less than half the battle
    You didn't let me finish.

The priv has an 18 megapixel camera. The iphone 6 plus only has an 8...and only a 1.2 front facing...

Posted from my Priv!
    Posted from my Priv!
    12-06-15 11:30 AM
    You didn't let me finish.

Posted from my Priv!
    You are allowed to put entire thoughts on a single post btw( hypocritical I know). But to say I didn't let you finish is absurd especially since you had time to put 'you didn't let me finish' between your thoughts.
    iKixxit and iorto390 like this.
    12-06-15 11:34 AM
    Welcome back to BlackBerry!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android thanks to my BlackBerry Priv.
    12-06-15 11:35 AM
    It's a nice change from IOS I carry both devices myself. I find the screen resolution better on the Priv easier on my eyes.
    12-06-15 12:02 PM
    New to the BB scene here, this would actually be my first BB device in a very long time. I've been using an iPhone since the first one released (Also went on a Hiatus with the first Android phone the G1 for a while but shortly after went back to iOS with the iPhone 3G). Funny story with this new Priv I actually started thinking to myself about how much I missed my old keyboard phones before everything became a candy bar and couldn't help shake the feeling that I couldn't believe no one was making a smart phone with flagship level specs that could utilize a full hardware keyboard anymore and along came BB to save the day! I couldn't beleive someone out there was even having the same train of thought as me on this subject. I'm a little late to the party but I ordered my Priv last night on eBay (SVT100-1) and can't wait to try it out despite the slight negatives I have heard in reviews. I've been looking to switch back to android and the new BB Priv was the phone to finally make me take that leap again. Here's hoping the Priv goes the mile and BB goes on to make many more great devices like this one!
    Congrats! It's an awesome phone!
    12-06-15 12:08 PM
    I was in the same boat as you. Long time iphone user (always frustrated). I'm loving my Priv a month later.
    Edrian Villa, bb624, mkiiw and 2 others like this.
    12-06-15 12:25 PM
    Typing on the keyboard now. Very happy with it since my last keyboard was 9930. had all the Treos and 8330 before that and a HTC One M7 in-between. Man it's good to be back, I'm at like a 75/25 split between real keyboard/virtual keyboard- but the point of it all is that I have BOTH to choose from..
    12-06-15 12:32 PM
    I mean I'll still have the iPhone but come on there are no phones with decent specs out now with a physical keyboard running android. I'm fairly confident in Blackberry's ability to fix any bugs and issues with the phone through software updates and I expect Marshmallow to have a decent improvement over the phone as well. And GBA/SNES emulation must be awesome on this phone if you use the physical keyboard, I can't wait.
    needforbbx and ahmedhanif911 like this.
    12-06-15 01:47 PM
    Yo newbie! the Q10 and the PRIV have completely different style keyboards and so why are you comparing the two!?!?really?

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    needforbbx likes this.
    12-06-15 02:05 PM
    Enjoy ur Priv I think u will love it. The ltst update fixed a lot of the performance issues. I looked at it at AT&T and it is a nice solid device for an Android.

Posted via Classic
    12-06-15 02:06 PM
    In terms of having the same sort of universality of the ecosystem concept, they are similiar in that respect. BUT make sure you disable your imessaging, as that can interfere or you may not get your texts or mms's. I"ve never used nor will I ever use an apple product but I do read alot on the forums about wireless devices and the imessaging issue seems to be a huge problem for people changing out of ios. Since imessage works via inter iphones, you have to train your contacts to start messaging you via the regular messaging and not through imessage.

12-06-15 02:09 PM
    In terms of having the same sort of universality of the ecosystem concept, they are similiar in that respect. BUT make sure you disable your imessaging, as that can interfere or you may not get your texts or mms's. I"ve never used nor will I ever use an apple product but I do read alot on the forums about wireless devices and the imessaging issue seems to be a huge problem for people changing out of ios. Since imessage works via inter iphones, you have to train your contacts to start messaging you via the regular messaging and not through imessage.

Thanks for the heads up, not my first rodeo with the iPhone/Android switchover issues (Working for a carrier) so I'm constantly fixing that problem for people.
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    12-06-15 02:13 PM
    welcome to CB! I'm patiently waiting for my PRIV to arrive.
    12-06-15 02:52 PM
    I converted from an iPhone 6 (owned every iPhone as well since the first) and haven't looked back. iOS is so boring and simple now...it is starting to become a phone for old people and kids. I find BB10 and the Android version on the PRIV to be much more customizable and efficient. The hardware is absolutely beautiful as well...tons of comments and good wows when I pull it out. Software fixes are coming very very soon so I am not concerned about that aspect. I love mine and I will never purchase an iPhone again as long as Blackberry is making hardware. Good luck!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-06-15 03:28 PM
    I wouldnt ditch an iphone for any phone but i would have a secondary phone filling the few gaps it has.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    12-06-15 03:49 PM
    My fiance has had iPhone after iphone
    Lately she just got the rose gold 6s
    Let her play with my phone for a couple days she loves it and can't wait to get rid of her new 6s..

Key points she liked about the priv

Build quality
    Pkb
    Camera
    SD card
    The flexibility to opt out of cloud sharing and have the ability to take her pics with her on an SD card
    With an iPhone apparently once you max out your memory on your phone you are toast without upgrading your icloud storage if you don't have a pc
    The screen
    The OS is a lot more versatile
    Lack of border around screen and home button.
    I can go on and on

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-06-15 04:21 PM
    Nice! If only it could be an iPhone killer, 'it all started with the priv...'

Love the  Priv, maybe it will be an iPhone killer >
    Edrian Villa and rallen562 like this.
    12-06-15 04:23 PM
    But what does the iPhone really have going for it besides ease of usability for the technologically impaired and a decent front and rear camera? This is an iPhone killer imo, unfortunately a lot of people are content as long as the phone they buy works when they want/need it to so I don't see a lot of iPhone users jumping to the Priv just willy nilly.
    12-06-15 05:07 PM
48 12