So i looked around but havent seen anything yet (unless it posted with a complete different heading)

But i've been missing out on a lot of info because my notifications have been disappearing. Lately i thought "oh no one is messaging" and especially my cousin in uk who bbms me. So we message then after a bit i look at my phone and nothing. But it's not until i go into the app or access our chat in hub do i notice his response. this had just happened this morning. He messaged, i saw the notification at the top but as i was running late i'd message later. I get to work, see the bbm notification, go to make coffee and come back - and it's gone. with the time difference it would have been about 4-5 hours since his message and for me to read would be almost 6-7. I've also noticed this on whatsapp and emails as well.

has anyone else ran into this? this makes 0 sense to remove it from the notification tray.
    03-31-16 08:45 AM
    I had this with WhatsApp.
    But not that bad as you described it.
    I own a "multi-SIM-Card". That means, I own 3 devices (Classic, Leap and Z10) and have 3 SIM cards on one contract/number when I switch between devices and move my WhatsApp account to an another device it needs time to sattle (sometimes) and the first day or so messages will come with a delay.

But that's all that happens to me.

You might try to restart your device?
    Maybe there is a problem with the OS itself?
    03-31-16 09:01 AM
    I own a "multi-SIM-Card". That means, I own 3 devices (Classic, Leap and Z10) and have 3 SIM cards on one contract/number when I switch between devices and move my WhatsApp account to an another device it needs time to sattle (sometimes) and the first day or so messages will come with a delay.

In the last 2 weeks, i've been rebooting the phone at least every 2-3 days. Constantly they battery is firing up and it's getting hot to handle. It seemed to have been resolved in the last update, but seems to have returned.

But being my text and bb and emails is bothering now. I've successfully missed out on a vendor request for my wedding because i didn't get the email. It shows when i go into hub, but the fact it doesn't show at the notifications tray...what's the point.

going to back up and wipe the phone. But i have a stark feeling this won't do anything.

if it doesn't resolve, only thing to do is go back to classic.
    03-31-16 09:17 AM
    I've experienced a similar issue with my notifications as well. It seems like an OS issue rather than anything else.

I've just made a habit of pulling down the notification tab. Even if they disappear from the status bar, they should still be on the pull down tab. That's how I've dealt with this.

Doesn't happen too often for me though. Hoping it gets cleared with the next major update.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-31-16 10:17 AM
    This sounds really annoying.
    Did you try to reload your OS via BlackBerry Link?

Getting that hot also is not normal.
    Too me this sounds like a OS problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 10:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    Go troll somewhere else.
    ray689 likes this.
    03-31-16 10:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Looks like you misunderstanding, BlackBerry priv doesn't have BlackBerry Link.
    03-31-16 10:24 AM
    I've experienced a similar issue with my notifications as well. It seems like an OS issue rather than anything else.

I've just made a habit of pulling down the notification tab. Even if they disappear from the status bar, they should still be on the pull down tab. That's how I've dealt with this.

Doesn't happen too often for me though. Hoping it gets cleared with the next major update.

Think it's the launcher. I notice the same thing on my G4 with WhatsApp on the launcher. Not sure about text or BBM since I don't use those.

Usually happens when WhatsApp is running in the foreground when locked.
    03-31-16 10:25 AM
    Look at his post history.
    03-31-16 10:26 AM
    Sorry! My fault!

I thought there might be a way to set this new up.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 11:14 AM
    Go troll somewhere else.
    I'm not trolling anyone!
    What's wrong with you?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 11:15 AM
    I'm not trolling anyone!
    What's wrong with you?

Posted via CB10
    Try saying with a straight face the last line in your two posts isn't just to "subtly" stir up a BB10 vs Android "debate". We have enough of these crap posts about BB10 in here.
    03-31-16 11:26 AM
    Try saying with a straight face the last line in your two posts isn't just to "subtly" stir up a BB10 vs Android "debate". We have enough of these crap posts about BB10 in here.
    Since I'm a BlackBerry fan for over 10 years - I'm not a fan of Android.
    What's wrong with that?

None the less if anyone needs help, I do my best to help.
    How should I know that there isn't a software for Android to reload the OS?!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 11:31 AM
    Since I'm a BlackBerry fan for over 10 years - I'm not a fan of Android.
    What's wrong with that?
    Nothing wrong with holding an opinion. But using these opinions to derail discussion when someone's asking for help, is.

None the less if anyone needs help, I do my best to help.
    Except you aren't. This is the Priv section and you already stated you don't have a device.

How should I know that there isn't a software for Android to reload the OS?!
    There is. It was on the front page not long ago. Except shortly after posting, all the BB10 diehards just start flooding it with crap posts. We get you are upset over the decision with BB10 and Android, but repeating tired posts isn't going to change ****.
    03-31-16 08:33 PM

I will give it a try again when I get some tabs.

But the fact that when I did pull down earlier this morning, my BBM notification was gone. I'm trying and let's see in the morning.

And agreed, HOPEFULLY it gets sorted.
    03-31-16 09:54 PM
    Nothing wrong with holding an opinion. But using these opinions to derail discussion when someone's asking for help, is.

Except you aren't. This is the Priv section and you already stated you don't have a device.

There is. It was on the front page not long ago. Except shortly after posting, all the BB10 diehards just start flooding it with crap posts. We get you are upset over the decision with BB10 and Android, but repeating tired posts isn't going to change ****.
    You are just a troll.
    Would like to see how guys on Android Central would react when they should change to OS10.
    There is clearly some frustration when you look into the future.

And to OP's problem. I just saw on the forums that new topic - in the top line it flashes up.
    But it doesn't show in which section it was posted - so I thought OP is using an OS10 device (because I experienced the same thing).
    So I thought it might be a corrupted OS or something.

My fault that I didn't check if it's a OS10 device or not.
    Even if I had checked it, I wouldn't have known that the Android version doesn't have BlackBerry Link.

I wanted to help.

So stop trolling.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 03:43 AM
    Back to the topic, folks.
    Slash82 likes this.
    04-01-16 08:41 AM
    Think it's the launcher. I notice the same thing on my G4 with WhatsApp on the launcher.
    What launcher are you referring to? I'm currently using Nova Launcher which is why I believe it may just be an OS bug.

To be honest it doesn't bother me as much as OP, but I can definitely see how it causes an inconvenience.

04-01-16 09:05 AM
    What launcher are you referring to? I'm currently using Nova Launcher which is why I believe it may just be an OS bug.

To be honest it doesn't bother me as much as OP, but I can definitely see how it causes an inconvenience.

I used Cobalt's app to "BlackBerry-ify" my G4 backup while my Priv is out of service.
    04-01-16 09:10 AM
    I used Cobalt's app to "BlackBerry-ify" my G4 backup while my Priv is out of service.
    could the launcher be the cause? Im using the basic priv on since i've got the phone in december.
    04-01-16 10:38 AM
    hey did you ever resolve this? I'm having the same problem. i'm getting a sound notification but no white "bubble" showing where the new info is. it's SO annoying. just got my Priv a few weeks ago and am loving it so really hope this can be fixed. Appreciate any help. yes, have turned off and on numerous times. thank you!
    05-11-16 02:15 PM