I have been using the Passport for one year and I love it's hub. Could anyone be kind enough to compare the pros and cons of the new PRIV's hub with the Passport's hub?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 01:12 AM
    I don't think there are any pros compared to BB10.
    BB10's Hub is baked into the OS, whereas the Android version is just an app.
    The Android version is slower, doesn't have all the account and app integration built in right in the Hub that BB10 does, and is slower.
    They are constantly improving it, but it lacks some features like pinch...
    However, having said that, the BlackBerry developers are actively working on improvements to it and an update is coming in the near future. I'm not sure if it will be to just fix bugs or if features like BB10 are coming.
    Still, it is very usable in its current state and if it wasn't for the Hub on the Priv, I would never have made the switch and can't go without it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Notna Nosyel, portal and FF22 like this.
    04-24-16 01:32 AM
    I don't find my priv hub to be slow with 2 emails and all the standard.

The one pro for Priv hub is you can actually see account color bands across the top versus the barely seen in bb10hub.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for for Priv
    04-24-16 04:56 AM
    I agree that the Hub is OS10 is more intuitive because it's baked in to OS versus being an app like the Android version on the Priv.

But I have been using my Priv since the device was launched and I find the Hub has vastly improved and getting better with each update.
    04-24-16 05:01 AM
    Another main difference is also that notifications from non-integrated* apps do not appear in the Priv Hub, but only as normal Android notifications. Also, there's this annoying bug (which I guess will be fixed) that if you have got a new message in Whatsapp (example), you will get this notification asterisk in both the Whatsapp and the Hub icons, but if you read the message in Whatsapp, the asterisk is still on the Hub icon.

*Integrated apps are BBM, SMS ("Messenger") as well as LinkedIn, Whatsapp and Facebook. For the latter three, the Hub just opens the app, so it's not truly integrated like in BB10. Also, as default you only get Facebook notifications but not Facebook messages in the Hub, even though there is a solution.
    04-24-16 05:32 AM
    Another main difference is also that notifications from non-integrated* apps do not appear in the Priv Hub, but only as normal Android notifications. Also, there's this annoying bug (which I guess will be fixed) that if you have got a new message in Whatsapp (example), you will get this notification asterisk in both the Whatsapp and the Hub icons, but if you read the message in Whatsapp, the asterisk is still on the Hub icon.

*Integrated apps are BBM, SMS ("Messenger") as well as LinkedIn, Whatsapp and Facebook. For the latter three, the Hub just opens the app, so it's not truly integrated like in BB10. Also, as default you only get Facebook notifications but not Facebook messages in the Hub, even though there is a solution.
    Yaata, a really good sms app is also fully integrated into the Hub, doesn't open the Yaata app.

04-24-16 08:46 AM
    Yaata, a really good sms app is also fully integrated into the Hub, doesn't open the Yaata app.

Well it does open the Yaata app. You're reading and sending in the Yaata app. It's just that it intelligently opens an instance of the Yaata app that immediately closes when you return to Hub.

But I can ensure you that the app is open and running.

04-24-16 09:01 AM
    I don't think there are any pros compared to BB10.
    BB10's Hub is baked into the OS, whereas the Android version is just an app.
    The Android version is slower, doesn't have all the account and app integration built in right in the Hub that BB10 does, and is slower.
    They are constantly improving it, but it lacks some features like pinch...
    However, having said that, the BlackBerry developers are actively working on improvements to it and an update is coming in the near future. I'm not sure if it will be to just fix bugs or if features like BB10 are coming.
    Still, it is very usable in its current state and if it wasn't for the Hub on the Priv, I would never have made the switch and can't go without it.

I agree with this statement, except now that I am on Marshmallow it is as fast as BB10 Hub and actually integrates more things like Skype and Instagram, FB, Whatsapp, LinkedIn, and more to come apparently.
    It is missing peak and pinch, priority hub at this time but I never used those features anyway on my Z30.
    Texting works perfectly now as it should and did in BB10 but using stock Messenger or Yaata on Marshmallow as does Gmail and Outlook now.
    Priv owner since Nov 6th 2015
    04-24-16 09:26 AM
    I miss the triage function from the BB10 Hub, though the swipe left/right in the Priv Hub is growing on me. One feature I like very much in the Priv Hub is the ability to "snooze" an email for a specified amount of time. It disappears from the standard view, then reappears when you've specified -- like magic.

Another nice feature is the ability to set up custom Hub views. I have my normal weekday view that includes everything except social accounts, then another for evenings and weekends that excludes my work email but includes the social stuff. Very handy.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-24-16 10:10 AM
    I loved my Passport but it's starting to feel extremely redundant now despite the good offering of apps from nemory studios

If you liked this post, you can now find more like this by following me on Twitter @MeerAdrie
    04-24-16 12:36 PM
    Well it does open the Yaata app. You're reading and sending in the Yaata app. It's just that it intelligently opens an instance of the Yaata app that immediately closes when you return to Hub.

But I can ensure you that the app is open and running.

Yes but that's all I care about. That I don't have to manually close yaata when I'm done. Integrated enough for my tastes.

04-24-16 01:38 PM