04-25-17 02:15 PM
29 12
tools
    I remember you saying that before about your phone calling the bank. That never happened with Android Pay or Wells Fargo wallet. Also have cards set up in the Sams Club scan and go app. Just take a picture of the card and it's in there. If there's verification between them and the bank it's electronic. I seem to remember getting either an email or text verification when I set up my bank cards in Android Pay.
    Maybe it depends on the bank? I only added ONE credit card and I only vaguely remember the prompt but it was "dial phone and verify" and I either had to do that or it was stalled.

Samsung pay also creates what I'll call an AKA card number to verify - so not the actual credit card number. I was also allowed to add a signature - in the phone app but that can be shown on the watch face, if asked.

It is interesting and all too arcane.

Also, once you want to set it up, you HAVE TO establish a PIN for the watch. If you take the watch off, you need to enter the pin to use any function besides a watch face. It generally does not require the PIN once the watch is on your wrist and you've entered it once. Although it seems to need it if you sleep with the watch and you want to use a function (pulse or sleep monitor) in the middle of the night - maybe to check I'm still alive. It does not seem consistent or I've not checked it that much.
    04-24-17 08:04 PM
    Yes, Samsung Pay required call in verification for me.

It has always been funky with chip readers for me.

You're right: the watch has a hardware piece that facilitates the magnetic swipe.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-24-17 09:10 PM
    Maybe it depends on the bank? I only added ONE credit card and I only vaguely remember the prompt but it was "dial phone and verify" and I either had to do that or it was stalled.

Samsung pay also creates what I'll call an AKA card number to verify - so not the actual credit card number. I was also allowed to add a signature - in the phone app but that can be shown on the watch face, if asked.

It is interesting and all too arcane.

Also, once you want to set it up, you HAVE TO establish a PIN for the watch. If you take the watch off, you need to enter the pin to use any function besides a watch face. It generally does not require the PIN once the watch is on your wrist and you've entered it once. Although it seems to need it if you sleep with the watch and you want to use a function (pulse or sleep monitor) in the middle of the night - maybe to check I'm still alive. It does not seem consistent or I've not checked it that much.
    Android Pay also uses an alternate card number.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-24-17 09:34 PM
    Used it at Trader Joes this morning. At the magnetic strip reader.
    04-25-17 02:15 PM
29 12