Like desktop software for BB OSS 10 which syncs all email/sms/bbm/pictures/apps is there one for priv?
    And no Google Acct does not backup my account and apps.
    04-02-17 02:54 AM
    No, there isn't. That's the domain of cloud storage.
    04-02-17 03:54 AM
    Wish BlackBerry designs one for their Android phones
    FF22 likes this.
    04-02-17 06:09 AM
    Like desktop software for BB OSS 10 which syncs all email/sms/bbm/pictures/apps is there one for priv?
    And no Google Acct does not backup my account and apps.
    If you have a Mac you can use SyncMate: Android sync: synchronize Android and Mac with SyncMate
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    04-02-17 11:12 AM
    Wish BlackBerry designs one for their Android phones
    I don't, it would be as bad (probably worse) as Link.
    04-02-17 12:20 PM
    I don't, it would be as bad (probably worse) as Link.
    No offence but Link was fine software !
    Got2GetAway likes this.
    04-02-17 12:43 PM
    No offence but Link was fine software !
    At one point, perhaps (I can't remember such a point), but definitely not now. If they had the manpower to create a de novo desktop app for a platform that doesn't need one, you'd think they might douse the flaming pile of garbage that is Link as of the past year or two.
    04-02-17 02:16 PM
    Hi, So if I understand correct... We former BlackBerry OS 10 users, who bought a BB PRIV with Android OS, will never be able to enjoy the security that rules "off the Cloud" because BlackBerry doesn't have the manpower to provide the nessecary Desktop Software??
    04-02-17 02:42 PM
    Hi, So if I understand correct... We former BlackBerry OS 10 users, who bought a BB PRIV with Android OS, will never be able to enjoy the security that rules "off the Cloud" because BlackBerry doesn't have the manpower to provide the nessecary Desktop Software??
    As far as I can tell Android OEMs don't have desktop managers; even Samsung has left its manager (Kies) behind as of the Galaxy Note III. Management of contacts, backups, stuff like that has moved to the device, connected services (i.e. email accounts), and the cloud. BlackBerry, in trying to keep an almost stock OS on their devices, wouldn't have made one even if they did have the dev team to do so. That the BlackBerry Desktop Manager paradigm was a relic of an age when there was no cloud and devices were incapable of much more than Snake and email is probably why newer phones have excluded them. Even Apple is transitioning to the cloud from the iTunes app.
    04-02-17 02:50 PM
    Hi, Thnx for the reply I understand the direction of smartphone content --> The Cloud. But if I may... what about users who still use simple .pst files in Outlook to store and back-up there contact- & schedule items? It worked (and still does) for me for more than 10 years (including the use of BB Link)... After 17 years of experience in ICT I believe that The Cloud isn't the safest place to store important company data!
    04-02-17 03:03 PM
    Hi, Thnx for the reply I understand the direction of smartphone content --> The Cloud. But if I may... what about users who still use simple .pst files in Outlook to store and back-up there contact- & schedule items? It worked (and still does) for me for more than 10 years (including the use of BB Link)... After 17 years of experience in ICT I believe that The Cloud isn't the safest place to store important company data!
    You can connect everything in that .pst file to an email account, and if you're that paranoid, pony up for Exchange Server and shove it in an always-on PC in the basement. The utter lack of convenience puts that out of the hands of most people (except certain former Secretaries of State), so that PST is better off connected to a hosted solution like Office 365. Most consumer webmail systems have moved on to Exchange ActiveSync/something similar, so they can handle tasks, calendar, contacts, so on and so forth. Alternatively, there are a few apps that claim to do the sync for some additional cost, but that most of the Google results for how to sync a PST file to Android are from several years ago is indicative of something.
    mp3hitz likes this.
    04-02-17 03:42 PM
    At one point, perhaps (I can't remember such a point), but definitely not now. If they had the manpower to create a de novo desktop app for a platform that doesn't need one, you'd think they might douse the flaming pile of garbage that is Link as of the past year or two.
    Definitely you missed that pointy!
    04-02-17 03:44 PM
    Definitely you missed that pointy!
    After the first few autoloaders it was better to back things up manually/with the cloud rather than to struggle with Link every time. But that was when it worked with the then-current version of Windows.
    04-02-17 03:46 PM
    Love BLEND a well, need more software like this today.
    03-31-18 10:32 AM
    You can connect everything in that .pst file to an email account, and if you're that paranoid, pony up for Exchange Server and shove it in an always-on PC in the basement. The utter lack of convenience puts that out of the hands of most people (except certain former Secretaries of State), so that PST is better off connected to a hosted solution like Office 365. Most consumer webmail systems have moved on to Exchange ActiveSync/something similar, so they can handle tasks, calendar, contacts, so on and so forth. Alternatively, there are a few apps that claim to do the sync for some additional cost, but that most of the Google results for how to sync a PST file to Android are from several years ago is indicative of something.

Except certain "former Secretaries of State"......LMAO

Almost fell off my chair with that one.......too funny
    01-30-19 03:05 PM