As of late--after most recent app update--when I delete an unopened message from my priv i get a page full of background junk such as triple colon and search icon and edit pencil. I don't get this if I open message and then delete. I tried removing recent updates from Hub and then all worked well except for an un- deletable icon telling me to update Hub to keep it fuctioning properly. When I do I'm back to same old annoying screen. Any help here is appreciated.
    MH
    03-20-17 10:02 AM
    Have the same problem and have had, since the last update. Very annoying!...
    03-20-17 01:26 PM
    As of late--after most recent app update--when I delete an unopened message from my priv i get a page full of background junk such as triple colon and search icon and edit pencil. I don't get this if I open message and then delete. I tried removing recent updates from Hub and then all worked well except for an un- deletable icon telling me to update Hub to keep it fuctioning properly. When I do I'm back to same old annoying screen. Any help here is appreciated.
    MH
    How are you deleting? Swiping to the left or Tap/hold? I just tried both methods and did not get any junk screen.
    03-20-17 07:25 PM
    Thanks for getting back to me. I had been using tap hold when I got the junk screen. Does not happen with swiping to the left. Swiping works fine with one or two emails. But not so good when I'm doing a batch delete. Sigh. Perhaps with the next update. Or ... if there are any more thoughts on this ....
    FF22 likes this.
    03-20-17 09:29 PM
    Thanks for getting back to me. I had been using tap hold when I got the junk screen. Does not happen with swiping to the left. Swiping works fine with one or two emails. But not so good when I'm doing a batch delete. Sigh. Perhaps with the next update. Or ... if there are any more thoughts on this ....
    Can you somehow get a screen shot?
    03-20-17 10:59 PM
    Just to ask the obvious, have you done a complete turn off/on of your phone?

(I my priv doesn't have the problem)
    03-21-17 01:16 AM
    To receive a notification when your sent text messages are delivered or read, under SMS or MMS, turn on the Confirm Delivery switch or the Confirm Read switch.
    To allow other devices to see when you receive or read a text message with an attachment, under MMS, turn on the Allow Delivery Confirmation switch or the Allow Read Confirmation switch.
    To block unwanted MMS messages, under MMS, turn on the Reject Anonymous Messages switch or the Reject Advertisements switch.
    To stop receiving MMS messages while roaming, under MMS, in the Auto Retrieval Mode drop-down list, tap Home Only.
    To disable word substitution, turn off the Enable Word Substitution switch.
    To only send text messages when you tap the send icon, turn off the Use Enter Key To Send switch.
    To change the background color of text message conversations, turn the Dark Background switch on or off.
    03-21-17 02:28 AM
    Delete Message Background-screenshot.jpg

Don't know if this is working. Image changed slightly. Didn't notice before because I never waited after image came up. Hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    MH
    03-21-17 07:40 AM
    Thanks. I did do a complete reboot. No help. Appreciate suggestion.
    03-21-17 07:41 AM
    Wow, what a weird image that shows for you!

I hope someone here knows how to sort this out .....
    03-21-17 07:59 AM
    Never seen that before. I would suggest clearing cache and data from the hub. Clearing data however will require you to re-add accounts which isn't so bad if it could fix this issue. Swipe down from the top, go into settings. The go to Apps. Find BlackBerry hub click on it then on storage. Clear cache then clear data. Then open hub and set up again.
    03-21-17 08:53 AM
    Thanks. Will give it a shot after next update. Don't feel like re-adding accounts. All the best.
    03-23-17 04:01 PM
    As an aside ... a week ago or more I did an uninstall updates on the hub and everything worked perfectly. However ... I kept getting reminder to update hub or else the heavens will disintegrate and all forms of evil will fall upon me. Well ... maybe not those words exactly. It was when I re-installed updates that the problem started again. This leads me to hope the next update will fix the problem. Your view on this greatly appreciated. Also ... if I remove data ... will my address book and pictures disappear too?
    Thanks.
    MH
    03-23-17 04:50 PM
    Hi,

I sent a note to @blackberryhelp ... their response:

Hello. I'm sorry to hear of your trouble. We are aware of this and are investigating. At this time, tapping the back arrow instead of the close circle will force the hub to refresh upon opening it again. The scrambled overlay should be removed. ^NW
    anon(3641385) and FF22 like this.
    03-24-17 03:41 AM
    That worked ... though not in its purest sense. I thank you and await the update fix.
    All the best,
    MH
    03-24-17 11:48 AM