Hello again,
    Just switched from BB10 to Priv. In the 10 you could make the trash can visible in the hub to the right of all notifications so they could be deleted without opening them. Is this still an option on the Priv? It seems silly to make you open a junk email just to delete it.

Also can't see how to delete calls from hub.

Also where are the camera settings, things like night, low light, beach or snow ect?

I know I'm packing a lot in here but I am loving my Priv more and more every time I figure one of these issues out.

Thanks again
    04-25-17 02:08 PM
    Hello again,
    Just switched from BB10 to Priv. In the 10 you could make the trash can visible in the hub to the right of all notifications so they could be deleted without opening them. Is this still an option on the Priv? It seems silly to make you open a junk email just to delete it.

Also can't see how to delete calls from hub.

Also where are the camera settings, things like night, low light, beach or snow ect?

I know I'm packing a lot in here but I am loving my Priv more and more every time I figure one of these issues out.

Thanks again
    You can swipe right or left to delete an email or a message without opening. You can set the swipe actions from hub setting.

For the camera, you can open the manual mode from the three vertical dots on the upper right corner. Auto mode should do fine no need for individual camera settings I guess.
    04-25-17 02:14 PM
    oh my goodness thank you so much!!!
    I don't have 3 vertical dots, or any other dots, when i open my camera?
    ardakca likes this.
    04-25-17 02:20 PM
    It appears my Priv has not yet been updated. Crap!! Updates scare the hell out of me as they usually result in the hub dropping my hotmail and not being able to put it back unless I wipe the phone and restore to backed up version from before the update. That was my experience with BB os on my Torch and my 10 anyway.
    04-25-17 02:33 PM
    Stop being ridiculous, update all your apps. You're running a crippled device without the app updates. I certainly hope you're also updated to android 6.

Once you do you'll have a lot more functionality to begin with and a much more stable device.
    04-25-17 02:51 PM
    I have no idea what version of andriod it is running as I just got the phone yesterday and have never had an android device before. What is ridiculous is spending a full day talking with BB support trying to get my Hotmail back on the hub after it was dropped during an update. That has happened to me twice and the only fix according to BB is to wipe the phone and revert to the non updated version. I will check my version and maybe update that and the apps after I figure out how to do a full backup in case the same issue happens again.
    04-25-17 03:01 PM
    I checked and I am on Android 6.0.1.
    I have an update waiting but it doesn't give any detail as to what exactly it wants to update. Android? An App? Why the secrecy? How am I supposed to know if I want the update if it doesn't explain what is being updated. Surely they don't expect me to just trust them that it is a needed update and that it won't screw my phone up, again. Any way to find out exactly what it wants to update?
    04-25-17 03:15 PM
    What is the update from? Play store, then its for an app you have and should be described. If you found it in settings>about phone>system updates (and its about 20MB) then it is April's security update.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-25-17 03:21 PM
    it is from play store but also is found in the settings, about, system update section and no detail is mentioned what so ever in either place, just a button to start the download.
    04-25-17 04:28 PM
    Please do update your apps. Be sure to search BlackBerry and check for any updates sometimes play store does not notify.
    04-25-17 04:37 PM
    Plus update the system too. If something goes wrong you can always wipe the system and clean install even though it requires some patience .
    04-25-17 04:38 PM
    Another way to delete straight from hub is to press and hold on the email you want to delete. It will vibrate and then you can just tap all the other emails you want to delete. Once that is done tap the trash can at the top of the screen to delete them all.

The update showing in the settings is most likely one of the security updates that BlackBerry releases to keep your phone free from malware.
    bluesqueen23, zephyr613 and FF22 like this.
    04-25-17 07:10 PM
    04-26-17 10:51 AM
    I checked and I am on Android 6.0.1.
    I have an update waiting but it doesn't give any detail as to what exactly it wants to update. Android? An App? Why the secrecy? How am I supposed to know if I want the update if it doesn't explain what is being updated. Surely they don't expect me to just trust them that it is a needed update and that it won't screw my phone up, again. Any way to find out exactly what it wants to update?
    Try to breathe slowly and relax a little bit. Most updates won't hurt you. Some might, but it's best not to think about it.

When you have a system update available it should say that it's a system update and some general information and size. It's usually just a monthly security update.
    Apps usually have a "What's new?" section, when you have a pending update in the Play Store, tap on the app's name and you'll see it. Some developers use it as a proper changelog, some are too lazy to write anything, most are somewhere in the middle. But there isn't that much secrecy in it all.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-26-17 01:40 PM