Is there any way to use the Priv without constantly checking and re-checking apps to confirm that there are new messages or notifications received?

For example, this is my current homescreen:

Death by notifications - can never clear starred apps from home screen-homescreen.png

However, upon entering Twitter, Whatsapp, Chrome, and the Hub, there's nothing new actually going on in there. No unread messages, nothing. This happens all the time. Is there any way to fix this? Is this an Android problem? A Priv problem? I have tried going in and changing the notification settings on each app to bring them down to the bare minimum, but still nothing.

I can easily spend an hour just clicking back and forth on these apps to confirm that nothing is going on.

I used the Passport for years, and LOVED the Hub, but eventually had to switch to Android because here in Indonesia, apps (Uber, GoJek, Grab, not to mention Instagram, for my work) are essential, and the lengthy sideloading and updating workarounds were just no longer feasible. After weeks of trying to use the Priv hub before realizing it just doesn't work, I'm now stuck in this constant whack-a-mole with starred applications, unless I take my phone away from myself and just decide to ignore potential messages.

What's the solution? Something internal to Priv, or a new Blackberry? And which one?
    I am here because I wanted the keyboard (I write articles on the thing sometimes) and Android. Help?

Thanks,
    Vincent
    Attached Thumbnails Death by notifications - can never clear starred apps from home screen-homescreen.png  
    Last edited by Vinncent; 03-21-17 at 02:38 AM. Reason: better screengrab
    03-21-17 02:36 AM
    This may or not be your situation, but what I found is I have to pull down from the top, and clear the notifications from there. There is a clear posts button. That gets rid of the "splats". Hope that solves your issue.
    FF22 and Vinncent like this.
    03-21-17 03:50 AM
    Swipe down from top to see notifications and then swipe left/right to clear individual ones.
    Scroll all the way down and you'll see an option to clear all notifications.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-21-17 04:03 AM
    After weeks of trying to use the Priv hub before realizing it just doesn't work, I'm now stuck in this constant whack-a-mole with starred applications, unless I take my phone away from myself and just decide to ignore potential messages.

What's the solution? Somethi
    What does not work about the Hub on the Priv? Maybe we can offer suggestions to make it work better for you.
    03-21-17 09:04 AM
    After weeks of trying to use the Priv hub before realizing it just doesn't work, I'm now stuck in this constant whack-a-mole with starred applications, unless I take my phone away from myself and just decide to ignore potential messages.

What's the solution? Somethi
    What does not work about the Hub on the Priv? Maybe we can offer suggestions to make it work better for you.
    03-21-17 09:04 AM
    Yes, that helped me, thanks. If I clear all the notifications from the pulldown screen (one of THREE places where all incoming information is registered), I can get rid of the stars on the home screen. Thanks for this, but I still am finding myself in a time suck playing whack-a-mole across apps, and the hub, and the pulldownscreen, and the app toggle screen...
    03-28-17 03:52 AM
    It does WORK, sorry I misspoke. I use it to send emails, basically, and search for messages. But it's not an effective place to go looking to see if you have anything incoming. I tried for weeks to use it for that purpose and spend less time on the phone, but I find myself using the home screen and scanning for stars (and playing whack-a-mole with them) constantly rather than ever going to the Hub as a starting point anymore.

In the Passport it was different, the hub was where I checked if I had anything incoming, then I dealt with it, and I was done. With the Priv I will be endlessly clicking around trying to clear different types of stimulus for as long as the thing is in front of my face.
    03-28-17 03:56 AM