I Have been reading a lot of posts about the new BlackBerry priv.

I Have mixed feelings, and i think blackberry is digging its grave, again.

Its just my opinion, im not a bussiness man so i dont know about all that. The only thing i see is that the BlackBerry community is so angry with blackberry for including Android from now on in their devices.

I think blackberry Will no longer make their own OS they Will start using others OS.

It would be like Apple running windows on their phones, thats unthinkable. So i think blackberry is doing this as a way to save the company, because all of the low sales of BB10 devices.

I think we are entering a new era with Blackberry getting absorbed By Android. I dont want to think this is the end.

I Have hope that this "Priv" make again blackberry the company It used to be.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 12:54 PM
    Chen stated BlackBerry 10.3.3 update coming March 2016

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 12:59 PM
    BlackBerry is now in the software business. They will only continue to make phones as long as it is profitable and supports their sales of software and services. The Android Priv is their last shot at it. You can still use you BB10 device for as long as you want to, or go with the new Android Priv.
    09-25-15 01:01 PM
    The anger directed st Blackberry is not because they are releasing an Android device, its because this is what should have happened 7 years ago when Goggle first launched the OHA, to counter threat that Apple posed. Blackberry should have jumped onto the Android bandwagon and continued using BBOS for business and enterprise use. Instead they ignored the threat and decided to release the Storm which was a complete failure then decided to release BB10 late with no app ecosystem.
    foxtrotgb1 likes this.
    09-25-15 01:08 PM
    BlackBerry is now in the software business. They will only continue to make phones as long as it is profitable and supports their sales of software and services. The Android Priv is their last shot at it. You can still use you BB10 device for as long as you want to, or go with the new Android Priv.
    Of course ill be using blackberry. Im just in love with my Q10.

I Will change my Q10 when i find a better opportunitty for a Classic or a Passport.

I Will wait and see hows the public reception about the Priv.

And if its Good i wont hesitate to switch to the priv. But for now im happy with my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    MrSuit likes this.
    09-25-15 01:12 PM
    The anger directed st Blackberry is not because they are releasing an Android device, its because this is what should have happened 7 years ago when Goggle first launched the OHA, to counter threat that Apple posed. Blackberry should have jumped onto the Android bandwagon and continued using BBOS for business and enterprise use. Instead they ignored the threat and decided to release the Storm which was a complete failure then decided to release BB10 late with no app ecosystem.
    I think youre right.

As blackberry is going to the software bussiness, i think We Have an "Android Phone, with blackberry security. That sounds not bad at all.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 01:17 PM
    Blackberry is now at strategic Flux and I don't see its death at all.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 01:27 PM
    whoa, yes, can you imagine a strategy where Apple allows the MSFT Windows OS and Windows apps on their hardware?

Wait..what yr is this again? cause I'm sure they did that back in 2004 and it helped them sell a ton more computers...but, it was still dumb and crazy of them. ( smh)..c'mon people, this is business. Ideas need a chance to work, the one strategy that will always fail is trying nothing!!!
    09-25-15 01:30 PM
    whoa, yes, can you imagine a strategy where Apple allows the MSFT Windows OS and Windows apps on their hardware?

Wait..what yr is this again? cause I'm sure they did that back in 2004 and it helped them sell a ton more computers...but, it was still dumb and crazy of them. ( smh)..c'mon people, this is business. Ideas need a chance to work, the one strategy that will always fail is trying nothing!!!
    Its Business but not always go the way It should?

Remember HP including Windows Pocket ither Ipaqs?

It was like a smaller and awful version of windows, not Good at all...

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 01:46 PM
    Drama

BB10 not dead
    Handset division needs to be saved
    Android phone could save handset division

All good!!

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    ayngling likes this.
    09-25-15 01:55 PM
    Drama

BB10 not dead
    Handset division needs to be saved
    Android phone could save handset division

All good!!

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    I Have the best hopes in the company and i wish the best to BlackBerry.

Im little kinda excited for the Next BlackBerry release. What could It be?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 02:04 PM
    Blackberry is going to earn all the money it lost over years via android, and going to invest in BB10 devices!!!!! Just imagine that!!! Lol!!!

Sent from qualified q5
    09-25-15 02:09 PM

It would be like Apple running windows on their phones, thats unthinkable. So i think blackberry is doing this as a way to save the company, because all of the low sales of BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    It would make no sense for Apple to start doing that. Why would they switch from iOS to Windows when iOS has so many users? BB10 has almost no users in comparison, so it makes perfect sense for BlackBerry to move to an OS that has more users.

Would I like a BlackBerry device running Android being a hardcore BB10 fan? Of course not. But the rest of the world might, and that is the only hope BlackBerry has. BlackBerry cannot keep selling devices running BB10 that the public won't buy.
    09-25-15 02:12 PM
    Blackberry is going to earn all the money it lost over years via android, and going to invest in BB10 devices!!!!! Just imagine that!!! Lol!!!

Sent from qualified q5
    Mmm dont think BB10, BB11 sounds better

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 02:14 PM
    Blackberry only sold 800,000 devices in the last quarter with an ASP of $240. The sales keep going down each quarter, and the ASP is lower. Just in comparison the ASP for the iPhone is $660. I think the ASP for Android phones is around $254, but this number includes a lot of low end Android phones. The bigger Android companies (Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony) are focusing on higher $$ phones. They are all fighting to raise their ASP. I think Blackberry has a good shot at selling quite a few Priv phones at a pretty high ASP. The buzz about the phone is pretty high and positive on my Android forums.
    09-25-15 02:20 PM

Its just my opinion, im not a bussiness man so i dont know about all that. The only thing i see is that the BlackBerry community is so angry with blackberry for including Android from now on in their devices.

I think blackberry Will no longer make their own OS they Will start using others OS.

I think we are entering a new era with Blackberry getting absorbed By Android. I dont want to think this is the end.

Posted via CB10
    I think what you think is wrong . BB10 will still be there for government or other places where security is a big concern.
    09-25-15 02:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    When BlackBerry officially announced that ART was a legit part of the BB10 OS with the 10.2 release many business-centric bloggers said that this was a good thing but that business men and women would benefit more from a full-blown "BlackBerry Android".

I don't think that CrackBerry addicts are upset that there is going to be an Android BlackBerry but that it is the fact that this flagship model is not going to be BB10. I mean, when that first leaked slider image appeared everyone thought, and hoped, that it was going to be the upgrade to the Z30 and the flagship BB10.

I don't think BlackBerry is going to get absorbed by Google and more importantly I don't think that the Canadian government would allow it, anyways. I mean we, the U.S., already got all of the hockey teams... They can have Justin Bieber back, though.

Wasn't BlackBerry a part of group that also included Apple and Microsoft, I believe, that came together to buy Nortel patents in 2011 in an effort to prevent Google from acquiring them? And aren't these patents used in BlackBerry, WinPhone, iPhone, and Androids?

Don't forget that back in 2008 RIM/BlackBerry were #1.

Maybe BlackBerry agreed to allow Google/Android the use of these patents royalty free in exchange for Google giving BlackBerry the Play Store and Google Services?

Uh, Microsoft used to have an entire division devoted solely to developing and promoting products on the Mac platform called Mactopia. In fact, the original Office products (Word, Excel, etc. ) came to Apple first before they were on Windows (but the Office Suite as a whole came to Windows first). Now Mactopia is known as the Microsoft Business Unit.

To add: when Jobs announced that Macs were going Intel (2005) some people thought that since Intel is x86 architecture and Windows runs of x86 architecture than surely you could install Windows on the new Intel based Macs (2006). Sure enough, it was true, though it took Apple a solid year before they even acknowledge this, and then like magic, they confirmed through Boot Camp in like 2008 or so (originally released in 2006 as a partitioning tool) that legit copies of Windows could be natively installed onto their own partition in an Intel based Mac.

So no, it was not in 2004 as back then OSX still ran on RISC and the PowerPC chips (which in my opinion where superior, but whatever). Macs began their road to popularity around 2002/2003. I've been a Mac fanboi since 1997 or so.

And... someone said, well if Intel is based on x86 architecture and OSX is running on Intel chips, then OSX must also now be x86, too, and no longer PowerPC/RISC. And wala, they were correct and hence the Hackintosh sometimes known as the OSx86 Project, which has been around since 2005.

Apple still supports native installs of Windows on Macs to this day.

I am pretty sure this same "someone said..." is going to also apply to the Priv and BB10...
    09-25-15 02:36 PM
    When BlackBerry officially announced that ART was a legit part of the BB10 OS with the 10.2 release many business-centric bloggers said that this was a good thing but that business men and women would benefit more from a full-blown "BlackBerry Android".

I don't think that CrackBerry addicts are upset that there is going to be an Android BlackBerry but that it is the fact that this flagship model is not going to be BB10. I mean, when that first leaked slider image appeared everyone thought, and hoped, that it was going to be the upgrade to the Z30 and the flagship BB10.

I don't think BlackBerry is going to get absorbed by Google and more importantly I don't think that the Canadian government would allow it, anyways. I mean we, the U.S., already got all of the hockey teams... They can have Justin Bieber back, though.

Wasn't BlackBerry a part of group that also included Apple and Microsoft, I believe, that came together to buy Nortel patents in 2011 in an effort to prevent Google from acquiring them? And aren't these patents used in BlackBerry, WinPhone, iPhone, and Androids?

Don't forget that back in 2008 RIM/BlackBerry were #1.

Maybe BlackBerry agreed to allow Google/Android the use of these patents royalty free in exchange for Google giving BlackBerry the Play Store and Google Services?

Uh, Microsoft used to have an entire division devoted solely to developing and promoting products on the Mac platform called Mactopia. In fact, the original Office products (Word, Excel, etc. ) came to Apple first before they were on Windows (but the Office Suite as a whole came to Windows first). Now Mactopia is known as the Microsoft Business Unit.

To add: when Jobs announced that Macs were going Intel (2005) some people thought that since Intel is x86 architecture and Windows runs of x86 architecture than surely you could install Windows on the new Intel based Macs (2006). Sure enough, it was true, though it took Apple a solid year before they even acknowledge this, and then like magic, they confirmed through Boot Camp in like 2008 or so (originally released in 2006 as a partitioning tool) that legit copies of Windows could be natively installed onto their own partition in an Intel based Mac.

So no, it was not in 2004 as back then OSX still ran on RISC and the PowerPC chips (which in my opinion where superior, but whatever). Macs began their road to popularity around 2002/2003. I've been a Mac fanboi since 1997 or so.

And... someone said, well if Intel is based on x86 architecture and OSX is running on Intel chips, then OSX must also now be x86, too, and no longer PowerPC/RISC. And wala, they were correct and hence the Hackintosh sometimes known as the OSx86 Project, which has been around since 2005.

Apple still supports native installs of Windows on Macs to this day.

I am pretty sure this same "someone said..." is going to also apply to the Priv and BB10...
    You missed the point and the thread i replied to. I got the date wrong 2004 vs 2xxx, but the comment was Apple will never allow MSFT to run on the Iphone. I chimed in that the idea was crazy ( sarcasm) BECAUSE, Apple in fact did employ the cross OS strategy to help the popularity of the MAC. Even though it was already gaining some traction, the use of MSFT applications opened the market for more software applications and use cases, ala a business machine vs an arts ( graphic design, music, movie computer). Better machine or not, it was viewed by the market as a creative tool. I've been in advertising since '95, and the entire floor was Macs, while the business groups ( Suits) were on IBM's.
    09-25-15 07:52 PM
    You missed the point and the thread i replied to.]but the comment was Apple will never allow MSFT to run on the Iphone. I chimed in that the idea was crazy ( sarcasm) .
    It was sarcasm, refering nowadays to iphone running windows, or iphone running Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 08:10 PM
    Nevermind, I get your intention now. Have a good day.
    09-26-15 09:04 AM
    Nice day dude.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 10:20 PM