The tension in this PRIV section gets more and more. Because we as fans of BB know that as each day passes, with still no information whatsoever about this slider device, the likelihood of this phone coming out in our desired horizons becomes less and less.

The next two weeks will be a crucial factor in releasing this phone by the end of Oct. I was shooting for a mid-November release (November 14th) but as far as right now this device sadly might not come out in 2015.

I'm just venting here.
    10-12-15 12:19 AM
    It's rumoured the BB10 version will be out next week.

Shortly followed by the Android version in November.

Then the iOS version in December.

But wait there's more! Windows version in 2016 Q1...and you won't believe this but...WebOS version in 2021 Q2.
    10-12-15 12:27 AM

But wait there's more! Windows version in 2016 Q1...and you won't believe this but...WebOS version in 2021 Q2.
    Iggy...STOP it!! ...
    10-12-15 12:29 AM

Sounds good to me hoping and waiting for better days.

''Splendiferousness'' is not even a word that I use to describe my passport
    10-12-15 12:31 AM
    I read on the internet some guy called Iggy City has some inside info on a BB10 and iOS version of the Priv. Better spin it as news and spread fud!
    10-12-15 02:38 AM
    Things to do while waiting for the Priv:

Fishing.
    Repair broken items round the house.
    Learn to code apps for BB10. LOL
    Buy a cheap secondhand used android device. Learn how to use android and set it up so it will be easy and fast to do a device switch to the Priv.
    Yoga.
    Meditation.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-12-15 03:58 AM
    I still remember waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for Blackberry OS10 to be released!! Sound familiar!!!!!!

Their response is still the same as it was back then "coming soon".
    NG888 and mathking606 like this.
    10-12-15 04:43 AM
    I still remember waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for Blackberry OS10 to be released!! Sound familiar!!!!!!

Chen, unlike Thor, has rather boxed himself in by saying the Priv will be launched by the end of 2015.

As I recall the events of the BB10 saga, everyone was expecting it around October and the pressure on BB was becoming intense... Which led Thor to manage expectations (rather than risk the negative press from a no-show in October, I'd guess) by announcing in late June that it would be launched in Q1 the following year. Which it was, the Z10 was available to buy here in the UK at the end of February. It wasn't complete (not going to re-hash the woeful state of 10.0 here), but it could be bought.

I'm of the opinion that Chen will kind of repeat this. To keep his promise, the Priv will be launched sometime in December, but won't be available to buy until the Spring, and then only in limited markets. Given the apparent difficulty BB seem to be having in making cross-platform BBM work properly, I have little confidence that they'll be able to successfully complete work on the bigger and more difficult task of bring the BB Experience Suite to the Priv.

So, rather like the Z10 with incomplete 10.0, I expect the Priv to ship in the Spring with an incomplete BB experience suite. And I suspect that the history of BB10 will repeat with the Priv. Few will buy an (likely very expensive) Android phone with a nearly-there Hub, etc just for the PKB.

Guess we'll see...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    motec bb likes this.
    10-12-15 05:35 AM
    As the days go by...-2015-10-12_145112.jpg
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-12-15 07:52 AM
    Hold on! I'M Coming Coming Coming I think
    10-12-15 08:37 AM
    Hold on! I'M Coming Coming Coming I think
    Hey! PHRASING!
    10-12-15 09:53 AM
    Hello,

I don't follow Android News that closely, but not so long ago, hardware was coming quickly, and "top specs" one day weren't the next. Is that still the case?

If so, and BlackBerry is going slowly (for whatever reason) with "top specs" but it takes months to get to customers, will they end up trying to sell hardware that is already dated?

KAM
    10-12-15 10:08 AM
    ...these are the days of our lives.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 04:32 PM
    It's going to be out first week of November. Patience people!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 05:25 PM
    It's going to be out first week of November. Patience people!

Posted via CB10
    If thats true pre-orders should be started this week. For some reason I doubt that will happen.
    10-12-15 05:27 PM

Soon isn't a promising word for an upcoming product. Chen did say it would be coming in 2015 and so does the BBRY website. If this is true I'm assuming it would be released mid-November/early-December.
    10-12-15 05:39 PM

2021 I will be a happy man

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 05:39 PM
    Hey! PHRASING!
    We're not doing that anymore.
    10-12-15 06:57 PM
    They need to start advertising already. I hope they do a lot of advertising. It's Android, so it will catch people's attention.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-12-15 07:05 PM
    We're not doing that anymore.
    You're not my supervisor!
    10-12-15 07:06 PM
    Hello,

I don't follow Android News that closely, but not so long ago, hardware was coming quickly, and "top specs" one day weren't the next. Is that still the case?

If so, and BlackBerry is going slowly (for whatever reason) with "top specs" but it takes months to get to customers, will they end up trying to sell hardware that is already dated?

KAM
    808/810 SOC devices have been on the market since June. The latest crop ( Nexus 6P/ 5X, MotoX) were just released. A 2016 release of the Priv puts BlackBerry well behind the curve. If it launches in 2016 it will be compared to upcoming 2016 devices like the G4 and S7.

BlackBerry would be best served by getting the devices in stores by November.

!
    MO3iusONE, KAM1138 and techvisor like this.
    10-12-15 07:15 PM
    You're not my supervisor!
    He now is lol!

-- CA Governor on Passport SE
    10-12-15 07:23 PM
    The wait is killing me, my patients and loyalty.

-- CA Governor on Passport SE
    10-12-15 07:24 PM
    I'll take one of each

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 07:34 PM
    10-12-15 10:18 PM
56 123