After having done a factory reset today on my Priv I remembered that maybe the Blackberry app developers don't realise that most of their addicted followers want dark themes implemented in the apps.
    I know that I am surely the first to remind you. Please try and push the next update with newly dark theme decorated apps.
    It is not so hard to accomplish, ask around.
    We all thank you! Oh yes, Don't forget the hub!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    enlubo12 likes this.
    07-16-16 07:09 AM
    I'm a big fan of dark themes for my BlackBerry's and the apps I use. In my perfect world, customizations like that would be available for the software and all apps.

My name is Jimmy and I am a BlackBerryaholic.
    07-16-16 09:29 AM
    Yeah makes sense for amoled screens like on the Priv

Posted via CB10 with the Passport SE
    07-16-16 10:03 AM
    That's the key. AMOLED screens. It really is ridiculous that everyone knows that AMOLED screens need dark themes to save power, most android phones including the Priv are AMOLED, BlackBerry is smart, and yet dark themes are ad hoc.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    raremage likes this.
    07-16-16 10:28 AM
    Ya I'd love to see more dark theme options.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    07-16-16 10:34 AM
    I would also like more dark theme options. It looks more modern and slick. It's also gentler on my eyes. I run a blue light filter 24/7, but still prefer black backgrounds.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    deadcowboy likes this.
    07-16-16 10:48 AM
    Black is very Energy Efficient. And is better when it's Night. The Eyes aren't that painful then.

I wish to have a Black and White Option on the Phone. Like a Ultra Power Saving Mode, but with the diffrent you can still use all apps.

 B L A C K B E R R Y [ P R I V ]  | CB APP | A N D R O I D
    07-16-16 10:55 AM
    I have been able to get dark theme on most of the apps I use, except Facebook and Instagram, but it would be nice to have dark theme hub, and app drawer.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    07-16-16 08:55 PM
    I'm all for more dark themes. Much easier on the eyes, especially when they are over 50 years old....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv
    07-16-16 09:16 PM
    Crackberry has night mode....i use it in the daytime. I'm rebellious

07-16-16 11:33 PM
    After having done a factory reset today on my Priv I remembered that maybe the Blackberry app developers don't realise that most of their addicted followers want dark themes implemented in the apps.
    I know that I am surely the first to remind you. Please try and push the next update with newly dark theme decorated apps.
    It is not so hard to accomplish, ask around.
    We all thank you! Oh yes, Don't forget the hub!

This is funny, I read the thread title and though........oh baaaaaby. A dark update.......................something sneaky.......but.....noooooo....just screen background...........DAM.....................I thought we we're going James Bond............or something......................WOOF!
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    07-17-16 07:20 AM
    I have been able to get dark theme on most of the apps I use, except Facebook and Instagram, but it would be nice to have dark theme hub, and app drawer.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    Using Metal would allow access to Facebook using a dark theme. There is a free version available.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 02:25 PM
    Your right that would be nice to have a dark theme, so CrackBerry App has it metal app is their other?

07-17-16 09:08 PM
    I love the night mode on Twitter!

07-17-16 10:30 PM
    Your right that would be nice to have a dark theme, so CrackBerry App has it metal app is their other?

Metal is a wrapper for Facebook and Twitter. It is not a data/battery hog like the Facebook app. The Facebook portion of the app is much better developed and includes a dark theme (among many others). The Twitter part is very basic, but it is nice to have two-in-one.

The CrackBerry app (which is separate altogether) has a Night mode, which is a black background. I use it with my Q10 and Priv because it is streamlined and much quicker to render than the website itself.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 12:54 AM
    When I have the App Metal I don't need the original Facebook App right?

It looks for me Twitter don't have the Dark Theme?

It will be great if they also integrated Instagram.

Last edited by ReinGutierrez; 07-18-16 at 07:43 AM.
    07-18-16 01:18 AM
    I have to tell you that Guys. I don't change anything for me when I use Metal for Facebook when it comes to Battery Life. Or do I have to remove my Facebook App? Because even the Notifications are coming from the Facebook App.

07-18-16 08:19 AM
    When I have twitter going on my phone I use the talon app. Much nicer and seems less intrusive than twitter and yes it has a dark theme

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    07-18-16 10:00 AM
    When I have twitter going on my phone I use the talon app. Much nicer and seems less intrusive than twitter and yes it has a dark theme

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    I will give it a try. Do you guys also have an App for Instagram with Dank Theme?

07-18-16 10:59 AM
    I have to tell you that Guys. I don't change anything for me when I use Metal for Facebook when it comes to Battery Life. Or do I have to remove my Facebook App? Because even the Notifications are coming from the Facebook App.

You can delete the Facebook app. That should help your battery issues.

07-18-16 12:34 PM
    You can delete the Facebook app. That should help your battery issues.

Metal App is not integrated in the BlackBerry Hub?

07-18-16 03:44 PM
    No, but you can receive Facebook notifications through whatever email address is associated with your Facebook account.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 06:09 PM