I saw a Samsung note edge today at work and it got me thinking of the slider and how awesome it would be for the curved edge to be used to access the Hub! You could basically see all the individual icons with notifications available at all times. If this was available I think a lot of people holding back because of Android might consider it. I know I would.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 08:26 PM
    To be honest, it'd be stupid to use an edged display and not use it to it's full extent, i mean, it looks good, but it's also expensive. I'd rather pay 600 for the Venice with a 'normal' display, instead of 8-900 for a curved one. But then again, BB are not known to make the best of choices, so it may very well be just a gimmick. Expect nothing, and thou shalt not be disappointed.
    07-29-15 08:48 PM
    I agree, the edge display I saw on the Samsung phones just looks like a gimmick. I don't even think it looks that good. I don't see why everyone thinks they are so good. Seems to me like just another passing fad for the masses to show to their friends. BlackBerry should be more focused on functionality than gimmick additions to its phones, unless they can devise a "Real" use for the edge which so far I don't think will happen

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 10:55 PM
    Have to agree with the above post, the edge won't last.
    07-29-15 11:24 PM
    The exposed edge showing hub could show from folio style case...

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 09:03 AM
    The exposed edge showing hub could show from folio style case...

Posted via CB10
    But really, would it be that useful ? Press pictures of the Edge phones looked nice, but when i held the phone in my hands it felt...awkward. It's like both sides of the screen melted or something. But the main thing is that it's just too expensive. I'm guessing Sammy has a lot of curved displays left and BB got them on the cheap. But like i said before, BB is not known for making the best of choices, so buying something on the cheap will translate to BB asking the full or same price as Sammy did for the edge phones. Price this baby too high and it will fail. BB needs to make a comeback, sell this curved display gimmick at a loss so people can be reintroduced to BB, write it off and when you have built the core, up the price of the second Android phone.
    07-30-15 09:10 AM
    The curved edge could be used for the hub on one side and streaming info on the other. You could pull out from a specific icon on the left to pull up an account on the hub or the hub itself. On the right, news, stocks, continuous notifications, upcoming appointments, current song, current url, and update/ download information could be scrolling by. They could even allow us to customize the right side. They could implement a work wide type of function and make the right curve the control area for the size and position of the apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 09:32 AM
    I agree, the edge display I saw on the Samsung phones just looks like a gimmick. I don't even think it looks that good. I don't see why everyone thinks they are so good. Seems to me like just another passing fad for the masses to show to their friends. BlackBerry should be more focused on functionality than gimmick additions to its phones, unless they can devise a "Real" use for the edge which so far I don't think will happen

Posted via CB10
    The screen is better when it is curved. Pixels are most bright at a 90 degree angle

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 01:32 AM
    I have a Samsung S6 Edge. The curved screen is beautiful but not really utilized properly. Samsung actually did not have enough to keep up with demand for the Edge. I have met many many people with the Edge. It is a cool phone. If BB does it right w the hub, the Edge would finally have a cool use.
    08-02-15 12:17 AM
    I have a Samsung S6 Edge. The curved screen is beautiful but not really utilized properly. Samsung actually did not have enough to keep up with demand for the Edge. I have met many many people with the Edge. It is a cool phone. If BB does it right w the hub, the Edge would finally have a cool use.
    Do you prefer the s6 edge edge display or the note 4 edge display?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 02:43 AM
    But would the edge be big enough? I'm pretty sure Samsung had to remove some features from the note4 when they made the s6 edge due to the deceased edge real estate...
    08-05-15 07:04 AM
    I'd rather they use the both edges for swiping between active frames. The hub gesture (up to the right) provides easy access to the hub.
    I'd like the PlayBook style swiping from one open app to another going from edge to edge in either direction.
    Unfortunately, with BlackBerry leaning too much on Android apps to fill the gap, if this continues on the slider, and it's not an Android device, swiping between open apps wouldn't work because edge swiping in the android app would slide open the menu.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    08-05-15 09:18 AM