Does anyone have noise sounds like creaking coming from holding the sides.. I find it being intermittent feels like it's hollow but only in the sides!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    11-07-15 12:30 PM
    Nope all quiet with this BlackBerry Priv.
    11-07-15 12:36 PM
    Nope all quiet with this BlackBerry Priv.
    Where did you get yours from?

11-07-15 12:43 PM
    Mine doesn't creak but there noticeable flexing on the back in the middle. Not really any sound though, just a noticeable feel.

11-07-15 01:06 PM
    Where did you get yours from?

Rogers Wireless in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
    11-07-15 01:07 PM
    Mine doesn't creak but there noticeable flexing on the back in the middle. Not really any sound though, just a noticeable feel.

maybe that's where the Wireless Charging was supposed to be.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-07-15 01:07 PM

Only the sides for me not the middle.. I may exchange it

11-07-15 01:17 PM
    Only the sides for me not the middle.. I may exchange it

The left side of my Priv is super creaky. Feels really cheap.
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    11-11-15 05:30 PM
    The left side of my Priv is super creaky. Feels really cheap.
    I picked up my priv today on pre order from cpw. Unfortunately I have a similar issue, when the pkb is not extended out the left side creaks - to distraction. Indeed it does feel really cheap and will be going back tomorrow for an replacement.
    eallan and ahmedhanif911 like this.
    11-11-15 06:49 PM
    let me know how you get on with that CPW return. mine is exactly the same. when it's closed you can tap on the left side like a bloody Storm!
    11-11-15 06:53 PM
    So I returned and got a new one and no creaks or soft spots so I'm a happy camper time to set it up... I'm with Rogers in Toronto

11-11-15 06:56 PM
    So I returned and got a new one and no creaks or soft spots so I'm a happy camper time to set it up... I'm with Rogers in Toronto

I just returned mine today and the manager wasnt there (Vancouver) so i could not get my exchange. I am happy to hear there are Priv's without the soft spots.

Cheers,
    11-11-15 07:04 PM
    I picked up my priv today on pre order from cpw. Unfortunately I have a similar issue, when the pkb is not extended out the left side creaks - to distraction. Indeed it does feel really cheap and will be going back tomorrow for an replacement.
    Bummer. Sorry to hear that you have the same issue. Let me know how your replacement goes.
    11-11-15 08:09 PM
    Mine does too. Also the back flexes a bit. I hope it doesn't cause any actual problems in its operation. I don't really mind though. I only notice it when I really pay attention to it.

11-11-15 08:42 PM
    let me know how you get on with that CPW return. mine is exactly the same. when it's closed you can tap on the left side like a bloody Storm!
    No issues with mine. The back middle is soft but so minor.. I would rather this back than metal like the 6P. my Priv is from Rogers in Canada as well.

posted from my Priv!
    11-11-15 08:47 PM
    My Priv squeaked a bit after I got it. It's been a few days and the squeaks have ceased.
    11-11-15 10:28 PM
    The 1st one that I got which turns out having a defective screen has some flex on the back....Center back to be precise. But on my replacement, no flex whatsoever.

11-11-15 10:34 PM
    On my second priv, first one I got had a considerable amount of flex where the BlackBerry logo is on the back. Swapped it for another one, virtually no flex on the back but the sides on either side of the keyboard make a slight creaking noise! Not a deal breaker, but I'm wondering if it's worth swapping out again? The phone is ALMOST perfect!

11-11-15 11:12 PM
    Wonder if this is why the pre orders are delayed.
    11-11-15 11:43 PM
    No issues with mine. The back middle is soft but so minor.. I would rather this back than metal like the 6P. my Priv is from Rogers in Canada as well.

posted from my Priv!
    Thanks for the info. My sides don't squeak (like the plastic bit that's part of the back plate, but rather if you tap the screen while it's shut, the whole screen moves down a mm or so, and lets out an audbile noise. Only in the top left corner and left side, bottom l+r there's no movement of the screen. Every time I tap and feel it, it feels very unsecure. I wouldn't mind, but I feel like it's getting worse each day. I'll give it a few more days, and see if CPW will replace it with a different handset.
    11-12-15 06:16 AM
    Good evening,

Ok, so just got back from CPW. After the initial expected fob off it wasn't difficult demonstrating to the floor manager the issue I have with the hardware and he was happy to do an exchange.

Issue being: when the pkb is not extended out the left side creaks (you can feel it, you can hear it, everytime you tap the left hand side of the screen).

Turns out there is another store within 3 miles which had one in stock so off i went to them fighting through the traffic.

Sadly, when checking in store, it was evident that the new Priv had the same issue, arguably not as bad, but still there. I sad no this is no good. I suggested this could be a dodgy batch. I have read numerous reviews on this phone and none of the big hitters have mentioned this. And from evidence in this forum there are consumers with Priv's without the fault.

I have another one on order which should arrive Saturday. Same warehouse, prob same batch so not holding out much hope. The Manager left a voicemail with the Blackberry rep to discuss the issue.

Fact is, I could probably put up with it, maybe if i was deep into the contract and dropped it or something to cause the issue. This is �550+ "premium" phone locking me into a 24 month contract. I would be so annoyed if I tried to content myself with it because once the honeymoon period is over i would be left feeling bitter and looking to move on.

I'll see what the 3rd phone brings, and what the Blackberry rep has to say. Worst case I will have to get a different phone which will be very disappointing but a better alternative to settling with it. Happy to report back again if your interested.
    eallan likes this.
    11-12-15 01:08 PM
    Good evening,

*snip*
    Happy to report back again if your interested.
    Thanks so much for that. I may head to a store in a day or two and see if I can try another handset. Mine is off-contract however. If they change it and it's still the same, I am still within my 14 day window to just return the phone. I may have to do that, and then just wait until after xmas and pick it up again, hopefully when I can actually get a case as well. Don't suppose they have any cases at CPW yet?

Thanks again
    11-12-15 01:11 PM
    Don't suppose they have any cases at CPW yet?
    Na they got nothing. They would have given me one for free to compensate the hassle. But no.

They don't even have a lead time or even if they will stock the Priv cases at this moment.....
    weezul likes this.
    11-12-15 01:19 PM
    im in TO too. Did you just walk in and show/explain the issues and got a new one? I have the same issues with my side and soft spot on my back near the logo
    11-25-15 03:41 PM
    My AT&T PRIV does the same. I hate RMA processing. So I will live with it. Unless a nondestructive teardown video shows me how to get the back cover off to add some double sided tape to hold the cover in place... Of course that may make to the side creaking worse...

Proudly PRIVateering since 2015.
    11-25-15 04:43 PM
42 12