I dropped my phone and the screen cracked. Does anyone know where I can order a replacement screen? Having trouble finding anything on Google.

Thanks ahead of time for any help.
    01-07-16 10:57 PM
    The problem is that the phone is too new; it's difficult to find replacement parts at the moment. Typical places like resellerparts, eBay, Amazon, etc will get them eventually.
    You can try searching those sites everyday to see if anything's been put up. 3Rd party repair shops usually buy parts from those sources too (for the less popular devices), so even they might have a difficult time at the moment.

Your best bet for now might be sending it in to a) your carrier, or b) BlackBerry.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-07-16 11:30 PM
    That's unfortunate, especially since the teardown videos show that they made it really easy to replace. Just wish I could find a place to source the panel.

I called Blackberry support since I bought the phone unlocked directly from them and a new screen costs $270 + tax and shipping. That's insane.

This has to be one of the biggest deal breakers for the device.

Also, it was a pretty short drop from my car seat to the concrete, maybe 3.5 feet, and this thing shattered like no other. It's not just a small crack. Disappointing.
    01-08-16 01:03 PM
    Does it still work?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 01:16 PM
    I called Blackberry support since I bought the phone unlocked directly from them and a new screen costs $270 + tax and shipping. That's insane.
    $270 would be about normal if you need the digitizer/display itself. But if it's just the glass, it should be in the $20-$40 range. If all you need is the glass, did you make sure they were aware that that's all you needed?
    01-08-16 01:43 PM
    Touch still works, but it is really cracked and getting worse. It spider cracked from 4 different spots somehow, so it is really hard to read the screen but the actual display still shows everything, it's just obstructed by the cracks.
    01-08-16 01:43 PM
    Touch still works, but it is really cracked and getting worse. It spider cracked from 4 different spots somehow, so it is really hard to read the screen but the actual display still shows everything, it's just obstructed by the cracks.
    Good, then all you need is the glass. I dunno if BB wasn't aware that the glass is all you needed, or they only sell an entire digitizer-with-coverglass module. But $270 would be an insane price for just the glass.
    01-08-16 01:50 PM
    Here's some photos: (once again, this was a really short drop, I treat my phones well and haven't had a screen crack on me in years)

Cracked Screen-img_2072.jpg

Cracked Screen-img_2073.jpg
    WT44 likes this.
    01-08-16 01:50 PM
    I searched Amazon (which is where I've always ordered my glass replacements) and didn't see anything other than screen protectors for the Priv. But if it helps, you might contact the company that makes Note 4 Edge replacement glass, and see if or when they'll ever offer it for the Priv. Here's a link to their Note 4 Edge Glass to give you a place to start... http://www.amazon.com/Generic-Digiti...UvbUpU12197352
    01-08-16 02:02 PM
    Thanks for the help, I'll see what I can dig up and will report back.
    01-08-16 03:11 PM
    and this thing shattered like no other. It's not just a small crack. Disappointing.
    Shattered like no other you say? Looks like every iPhone I've seen after a drop.

Sorry this happened but I'm curious if your Priv was in a hard case and if you also had a screen protector as well?

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    01-08-16 04:29 PM
    Here's some photos: (once again, this was a really short drop, I treat my phones well and haven't had a screen crack on me in years)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2072.jpg 
Views:	1283 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	387013

Name:	IMG_2073.jpg 
Views:	1285 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	387014
    Offering a reward on the lock screen. I can't believe I never thought about doing that

Sent from my Passport
    01-09-16 07:43 AM
    Offering a reward on the lock screen. I can't believe I never thought about doing that

Sent from my Passport
    I put "If found, please contact..." on my lockscreen, but I don't mention a reward. A few years back I had an occasion when I received a phone call on my landline because somebody found my lost device and they were cool enough to return it. Out of gratitude I gave them a few bones for returning it. But I go out of my way to not mention a "reward" because I'm just pessimistic enough that I can't help but think that an "expectation of a reward" would turn into an inflated ransom. :shrug: To each their own.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-09-16 02:18 PM

Name:	IMG_2072.jpg 
Views:	1283 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	387013

Name:	IMG_2073.jpg 
Views:	1285 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	387014
    That really sucks! The same thing happened to my Priv last Thursday, I also had no luck finding a replacement screen so I sent it out to be repaired with Bell, they will get back to me hopefully this week with a quote on how much the repair will cost. They didn't want to send it out in the first place they kept telling me to go to a third party even though I mentioned a million times that nobody has screens in stock.
    01-09-16 05:31 PM
    I haven't had any luck finding a replacement screen yet. Blackberry says they only replace the whole panel with digitzer, so they can't just replace just the glass for a reduced price. I'm not quite willing to bite the bullet on the $270 cost yet, so I'm back to my Galaxy S6 for the mean time. I figure a third party will start offering the panels eventually (hopefully lol).

On another note, coming back to my S6 I have been immediately struck by how quickly I had gotten attached to the physical keyboard. I feel so lost without it.
    01-11-16 01:38 PM
    Shattered like no other you say? Looks like every iPhone I've seen after a drop.

Sorry this happened but I'm curious if your Priv was in a hard case and if you also had a screen protector as well?

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    No hard case. And no screen protector. I have been running my phones naked for years, they just feel way better in the hand, and usually screen replacements can be done cheaply and quickly. (Also, in this specific situation the only hard case available for the Priv is a piece of **** that feels horrible in the hand.) That being said, I haven't shattered a phone in years, even though I've had a couple of close calls with drops. For instance, my Galaxy S6 has survived multiple drops without the screen cracking, just has some nicks and chips on the sides. I can't help but think that the curved front screen of the Priv makes it more vulnerable.

Also, when screens do crack, I don't think it is that common for them to crack in so many spots simultaneously like mine did. Not from such a short fall. They usually crack in one place and spider out. The pictures I uploaded here were less than 12 hours after the fall.
    01-11-16 01:42 PM
    I put "If found, please contact..." on my lockscreen, but I don't mention a reward. A few years back I had an occasion when I received a phone call on my landline because somebody found my lost device and they were cool enough to return it. Out of gratitude I gave them a few bones for returning it. But I go out of my way to not mention a "reward" because I'm just pessimistic enough that I can't help but think that an "expectation of a reward" would turn into an inflated ransom. :shrug: To each their own.
    I feel like good samaritans would return the phone without the reward being mentioned. This just makes it more likely for the assholes to return it as well If they ask for too much, then I just won't get it back.
    01-11-16 01:44 PM
    I haven't had any luck finding a replacement screen yet. Blackberry says they only replace the whole panel with digitzer, so they can't just replace just the glass for a reduced price. I'm not quite willing to bite the bullet on the $270 cost yet, so I'm back to my Galaxy S6 for the mean time. I figure a third party will start offering the panels eventually (hopefully lol).

On another note, coming back to my S6 I have been immediately struck by how quickly I had gotten attached to the physical keyboard. I feel so lost without it.
    I work at a uBreakiFix store and we don't have any parts for the Priv in stock either. I'll keep you posted though.

01-12-16 01:21 AM
    I probably could do it but I need another Priv to see how everything comes apart.

No high street reseller would attempt to take yours apart without doing the same either.

I've actually got insurance now because I know fixing it would be too much of a hassle.

01-12-16 06:06 AM
    I probably could do it but I need another Priv to see how everything comes apart.

No high street reseller would attempt to take yours apart without doing the same either.

I've actually got insurance now because I know fixing it would be too much of a hassle.

It's actually not that difficult if you have the right tools, and a bit of patience. I've replaced my own glass on numerous devices. While I could probably do it in half the time, I usually take my time and do it in around 2 hours.

A good quality heat gun with variable settings, an infrared/thermal thermometer to ensure you don't overheat components while degrading adhesive integrity, plastic micro tools to lift the glass, and a static inhibitor pad (to limit dust conditions more-so than to prevent static discharge into components), microfiber cloths for adhesive removal/cleaning, and you're set.

The only real hook is that you've got to be confident in your own tech repair skills or experience, to mitigate your chances of screwing it up. But realistically it's not that difficult. The challenge is governing the heat so you don't overheat and damage the digitizer beneath the glass. Keep the heat gun moving so that it never focuses heat in any one specific location. Then too, anybody who actually owns a heat gun knows how to use one.
    01-12-16 03:59 PM
    OK, those pictures have convinced me to get a glass screen protector. If that happened to my Priv I might actually cry.
    01-12-16 08:45 PM
    Did the same on day 4 with my Priv back in November...fell off the desk while charging and landed on the foot of a desk chair. Sure glad that I had the insurance with AT&T...superb service and replacement Priv was delivered within three days.

AT&T Priv STV100-1
    01-12-16 09:28 PM
    Another victim here . Anyone find a place to get it fixed in Canada?

01-12-16 09:59 PM
    The screen can be replaced without the need to open the phone or play with its internal components. I watched a video on YouTube and the guy said that they designed the phone In a way that makes replacing the screen an easy process without even opening it.

The question is where to find a replacement part?

01-13-16 12:56 AM
    And another one down here....
    04-02-16 02:05 PM
49 12