What if they did a great job within the limitations of the lack of control of the core OS, and yet the result is less than great compared to a certain BlackBerry 10 implementation? The podcast mentioned there's likely some of that.
    The good news for BlackBerry is that for every experienced BB10 user who thinks it is less than great, there will be a number of current Android user who will think it's OK and will like the Hub. And hopefully what is currently less that great will get better over the next few months.
    11-02-15 09:10 PM
    People need to stop writing open letters to Bla1ze. Geez.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-02-15 09:10 PM
    Lol.. no chill. My review will be a review. Have I ever put out a terrible review? Personally, I don't think so, so use that as your guide and thanks to those here who recognized and stated that has been the case. Worst case, if you don't like my review, you can read Android Central's too lol.
    Totally makes sense that both sites will review. Crackberry is its own community after all with its own POV, and totally separate from Android Central. Look forward to reading both reviews with their own unique take on it. Be interesting to see who on the AC side gets to review the device. I know Jerry is a big PKB fan, so he gets my vote, haha.
    11-02-15 09:26 PM
    People need to stop writing open letters to Bla1ze. Geez.

Posted via CB10
    Poor dude he probably gets a boat load of private messages from some of the weirdos here on Crack berry
    southlander and bbnrs like this.
    11-02-15 10:06 PM
    I assure you that his review will be very good for all users. He isnt going to sugarcoat it and never has. He is plenty familiar with android and bb10 both so you should get plenty of insight from both sides. I dont think anyone needs to worry and will certainly love reading it.
    Well, there are plenty of device reviews by Bla1ze on CrackBerry that are evidence of quality, but it's not about quality at all, it's about tone, and well, when Bla1ze said "I don't want to put anyone off" is what triggered the question "why not?". Even as BlackBerry 10 fans, we've all encountered people who've asked us "what smartphone should I get" and for most of them I have to "put them off" BB10 because they're going to want apps and they're going to want support, and BB10 isn't an OS I recommend casually to anyone who asks about smartphones, that's for sure. For ease of use, I recommend iOS devices, for those with patience and interest in tinkering, it's obviously Android. Is the Priv a device that could recommended to BB10 fan? It's not black and white, but the particular shade of gray matters.
    11-02-15 11:02 PM
    Poor dude he probably gets a boat load of private messages from some of the weirdos here on Crack berry
    Your right.

I'm sorry Bla1ze.
    11-03-15 11:16 AM
    How to review an Android handset in 8 easy steps:

1. Open with the general state of Android and Android handsets. Be sure to dedicate a couple of paragraphs to this. Close out this section with the MSRP; let this MSRP guide your opinion for the remainder of the review.

2. Next, spend a few paragraphs mentioning how "beautiful" the device is. Keep it to looks only and be sure to make many comparisons with the "competition". Do not forget that competition = same price point, and nothing else.

3. Next, spend a few paragraphs mentioning hardware specs. Pretty much only cover RAM and CPU here and be sure to use action words like "packed in", "snappy" and "laggy" where applicable. Make the requisite comparisons.

4. Dedicate a few paragraphs to the battery alone. And of course, make those comparisons.

5. Throw in a few paragraphs of random Android gibberish that has nothing to do with the device. But hey, it's Android, right? Now compare this to the Android on other phones.

6. Dedicate many paragraphs to the camera. This should comprise the largest section of the review. As such, make as many comparisons as possible.

7. Discuss how well Instagram, SnapChat, Netflix, and one or two games work on this particular handset. You only need to make one or two comparisons here.

8. Close out the review by dedicating a few sentences to anything specific about the hardware/launcher/skin/etc. Finally, mention the price and how well the price, not the phone, compares to the competition.

Seriously, this phone is going to get reviewed by 1000+1 websties dedicated solely to Android, including Android Central. The few iPhone-centric sites that may give a review will review it against the iPhone but not so much Android vs. iOS, although that is inevitable. All other tech sites are going to review it as an Android device while pointing out the BlackBerry specifics. Honestly, CrackBerry is the only place (maybe N4BB, but they are no longer BlackBerry-centric these days) to get that BB10 - to - Android perspective. It's not that it is expected but that it should be expected considering there are many on here who have never used an Android device or if they have it was years ago. It is safe to say that the typical BB10/BlackBerry user has different wants/needs than that of the typical Android user, and yes, there is some overlap here, too.
    HereticHermit likes this.
    11-03-15 11:57 AM
    when Bla1ze said "I don't want to put anyone off" is what triggered the question "why not?"
    My guess is that it has something to do with the more general CrackBerry audience as opposed to the hardcore forum members. I think the device will be discussed so much on the forums here, that any of "us" can make an informed decision regardless of any review.

But given the fact that CrackBerry in general gets pretty high organic search rankings for all things BlackBerry -- there are bound to be a lot of more "casual interest" folks that happen upon the review from a Google search. So in that case I would think the review would need to highlight the positives of what makes the Priv differentiate/appeal as an Android phone in general, than to focus on the limitations vs. BlackBerry 10 as to how certain features are implemented.
    11-03-15 03:33 PM
    When is it coming?
    11-03-15 03:36 PM
    Well, there are plenty of device reviews by Bla1ze on CrackBerry that are evidence of quality, but it's not about quality at all, it's about tone, and well, when Bla1ze said "I don't want to put anyone off" is what triggered the question "why not?". Even as BlackBerry 10 fans, we've all encountered people who've asked us "what smartphone should I get" and for most of them I have to "put them off" BB10 because they're going to want apps and they're going to want support, and BB10 isn't an OS I recommend casually to anyone who asks about smartphones, that's for sure. For ease of use, I recommend iOS devices, for those with patience and interest in tinkering, it's obviously Android. Is the Priv a device that could recommended to BB10 fan? It's not black and white, but the particular shade of gray matters.
    Agreed. I do the exact same when recommending devices.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-03-15 03:55 PM
60 123