So, was using a brand new SanDisk Class 10 16GB SD card since I got my Priv around a month and a half ago and has always been working fine. Mainly use it for music and photo storage (I'm a double back up guy, my photos also get backed up to Google Drive).

Anyway, updated to MM yesterday and it kept saying my SD card was corrupt and that I had to erase it etc. It was literally working before the update as I listened to music on my drive home before updating. So I then took the card out and connected it to my laptop via the SD card slot in my laptop and everything was still there (phew).

After that I thought I'd put it back in my phone and see what happens. And it was fine, it recognised my SD card again with no issues.

So just a heads up, if anyone gets a corrupt SD card after MM update. Turn your phone off, take the card out, give the slot a bit of a blow and put it back in, may save you a bit of time and stress.
    05-05-16 05:50 AM
    Whether you have been able to copy in SD card from laptop? In my case, sd card is visible but when I connect to laptop, sd card is not shown so unable to copy anything.
    05-05-16 06:23 AM
    Prithvi64 I think that's part of the new security feature on the Priv with MM update. When you plug it into a computer, try swiping down from top screen. Should be a notification saying "connected in charge mode" . Tap the notification to get the option to to allow the SD card to be viewed for file transfers.

Posted via my PRIV using the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    05-05-16 06:45 AM
    Thanks for tip. Yes, now it is visible but still I tried to copy pdf file from laptop but no success.
    05-05-16 06:56 AM
    Thanks once again. Now, I am able to copy files, folders and even renaming of existing files & folders in sd drive. Probably, it was taking some time to set in.
    I am really glad today that I can have full access of sd drive. I was using sd drive of 128gb since last 10 yrs on blackberry devices and it had huge data approx 80gb. After shifting from Z30 to Priv last month, I was frightened on my decision why I shifted from Z30 since no access to sd drive.
    FF22 and RSKandola like this.
    05-05-16 07:23 AM
    Turns out this issue happened again yesterday and this time I couldn't connect the sd card via the adaptor as it wouldn't show. I connected a different one and that one did show. I think my sd card was actually corrupt. Which is weird though because I never had an issue before. I've put a different card in and now it seems okay. For how long, I don't know.
    05-10-16 07:08 AM
    I have found sandisk to not be quite as reliable as they once were in recent times, and have migrated all my flash memory over to kingston, and haven't looked back. Still, it is certainly odd for one to be so new, and just fail like that. If you didn't feel like investing more in the subject, you probably would qualify for a warranty replacement of the card, I'd imagine. Then again, they're so cheap these days, it may not be worth whatever hassle it would be to do.
    05-10-16 07:48 AM