Hi,

I've been running into a pretty annoying problem for awhile and I was wondering if anyone has had similar issues.

I'm running all the latest OS and application updates for my T-Mobile Priv. Starting late last year (probably around November), I started experiencing issues around Contacts. When texting, the contact names would suddenly disappear and be replaced with phone numbers. When opening the dialer, my Favorites wouldn't show and call history would be empty. Whenever I saw those issues, I opened the Contacts application and saw the message "Contact list is being updated".

I'm also not sure if this is related, but the keyboard would also occasionally freeze. I usually noticed the keyboard freezing when trying to access the emojis menu (both virtual and hardware keyboards). The phone would also freeze trying to access the "Language and Input" section. Both issues, Contacts and keyboard, usually wouldn't disappear until I restarted the phone.

A while back I also downgraded Contacts to the factory version and the keyboard to two versions prior (I believe the version right before the Ctrl option was introduced). I didn't see any of these issues again until I updated those two apps. I've also done two factory resets, but the issues still appeared.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    04-19-17 10:50 AM
    Hi,

I've been running into a pretty annoying problem for awhile and I was wondering if anyone has had similar issues.

I'm running all the latest OS and application updates for my T-Mobile Priv. Starting late last year (probably around November), I started experiencing issues around Contacts. When texting, the contact names would suddenly disappear and be replaced with phone numbers. When opening the dialer, my Favorites wouldn't show and call history would be empty. Whenever I saw those issues, I opened the Contacts application and saw the message "Contact list is being updated".

I'm also not sure if this is related, but the keyboard would also occasionally freeze. I usually noticed the keyboard freezing when trying to access the emojis menu (both virtual and hardware keyboards). The phone would also freeze trying to access the "Language and Input" section. Both issues, Contacts and keyboard, usually wouldn't disappear until I restarted the phone.

A while back I also downgraded Contacts to the factory version and the keyboard to two versions prior (I believe the version right before the Ctrl option was introduced). I didn't see any of these issues again until I updated those two apps. I've also done two factory resets, but the issues still appeared.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Since you have been willing to do Factory Resets, you might want to try reloading the OS using an Autoloader which can be found in your STICKY threads above. You'd need the version that matches your Tmobile model. Instructions are in the first post.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aders-1065667/
    04-19-17 02:43 PM
    Since you have been willing to do Factory Resets, you might want to try reloading the OS using an Autoloader which can be found in your STICKY threads above. You'd need the version that matches your Tmobile model. Instructions are in the first post.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aders-1065667/
    A few days ago I used the autoloader and reloaded the OS and updated all the apps.

Looks like the issue is still going on. I've re-enabled all BlackBerry apps that I previously disabled (such as BlackBerry Help and Content Transfer) but the issue keeps showing up. When things break, it's a little different after re-enabling apps... the keyboard continuously shows the "BlackBerry Keyboard has stopped working" message every time I type, rather than before where it just froze.

Anyone have any other ideas?
    04-25-17 10:27 AM
    Where are your contacts from? SIM card, Google, something else? Sounds like it could be a sync issue so maybe try disabling contact syncing for some of the accounts/apps. In Settings > Accounts.
    04-25-17 11:57 AM
    A few days ago I used the autoloader and reloaded the OS and updated all the apps.

Looks like the issue is still going on. I've re-enabled all BlackBerry apps that I previously disabled (such as BlackBerry Help and Content Transfer) but the issue keeps showing up. When things break, it's a little different after re-enabling apps... the keyboard continuously shows the "BlackBerry Keyboard has stopped working" message every time I type, rather than before where it just froze.

Anyone have any other ideas?
    You can try

bbappsupport@blackberry.com (new one???)
    help@blackberry.com They will give you feedback.

Try sending a message via Twitter to @blackberryhelp
    04-25-17 12:00 PM
    Where are your contacts from? SIM card, Google, something else? Sounds like it could be a sync issue so maybe try disabling contact syncing for some of the accounts/apps. In Settings > Accounts.
    Contacts are stored in the cloud (two Google accounts and one Outlook account). I've disabled Contact syncing for the Outlook account but I'm still running into issues. I'll try to disable it for the Google accounts to see if it'll help.

You can try

bbappsupport@blackberry.com (new one???)
    help@blackberry.com They will give you feedback.

Try sending a message via Twitter to @blackberryhelp
    I've sent an email to them, thanks for the addresses.
    04-26-17 10:20 PM