Maybe affected by the Sync Interval? Just plain bad timing?????
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    03-29-16 12:56 PM
    My problem - trying to keep husbands/wives and/or partners separated. Sometimes they wind up linked due to common address and home phone.
    03-29-16 12:58 PM
    My problem - trying to keep husbands/wives and/or partners separated. Sometimes they wind up linked due to common address and home phone.
    That remind me, I have this one contact named Laura.

For some reason, her mobile number changes to Mobilni Nomer (in Russian). so I click on the mobile number field and change it back to MOBILE (in English) then save the contact.

Come back to it after a while and it becomes Russian (Mobilni Nomer) again...... The never ending Google Sync issues...
    03-29-16 01:10 PM
    I wonder about this, too. Could the issue but Gmail/contacts is syncing to the version it had just before a new contact is added. So instead of syncing from the phone with the new contact to the cloud, the "clod" is quickly syncing back to the phone and overwriting the new addition.
    Not sure. But it sure ain't a blackberry only issue.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    03-29-16 04:08 PM
    Not sure. But it sure ain't a blackberry only issue.

Good lord, when I finally thought that I found a phone that I can enjoy with good apps (Android) and a physical keyboard, this bug comes up that stops me from enjoying my phone as this is not something I can ignore. It is very crucial for me.

Now I must suck it up and use an iPhone
    03-29-16 10:10 PM
    Good lord, when I finally thought that I found a phone that I can enjoy with good apps (Android) and a physical keyboard, this bug comes up that stops me from enjoying my phone as this is not something I can ignore. It is very crucial for me.

Now I must suck it up and use an iPhone
    I guess though if it is a Gmail issue another option is to change email providers. Gmail accounts can auto forward emails I am pretty sure.

Another option is to add contacts not through your phone but rather through an actual Web browser. That's how I work around it. I let the contact sync down to the phone instead of letting the phone sync it to the cloud. Whenever I can that is.

03-29-16 11:08 PM
    Could it be that there are different categories of contacts in your Gmail acct.? For instance, I run a booking agency & I have contacts sorted by categories such as talent buyer, club talent buyer, artist, & so on. So, while in my Gmail acct on my computer, it will show the different categories or all if I choose. Wonder if it somehow is translating over to your phone.
    04-10-16 12:05 AM
    I've had this issue a few times already. Very frustrating.

First I enter the contact, then it disappears.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    04-10-16 05:41 AM
    I had this today. Well, I don't know when the new Doc I added to my Contacts disappeared but glad I noticed as I was trying to program the car gps. I look up Doc. I look up some more. Doc is GONE. Address/phone, driving directions (note field) all gone. Scurry back into house look him up on computer and head out. More than a bit miffed!
    04-20-16 02:46 PM
    I feel this "Contacts for BlackBerry" might also have something to do with thus bug.
    Pretty much this. The problem is the app, not anything else.
    It's always been poor, and was one of the main reasons i left BB10.
    04-20-16 08:30 PM
    Pretty much this. The problem is the app, not anything else.
    It's always been poor, and was one of the main reasons i left BB10.
    Ditto, had this problem with the 9900, Q10, and Q20. Then I thought that's it, no more BlackBerry as this is coming in the way of how I use my phone. It wasn't reliable anymore. I cannot trust it with my contacts.

But when BlackBerry moved to Android, I thought this would all be resolved since now Android and Google Sync are handling things. I didn't expect that BlackBerry would cripple the stable Android OS with their buggy contacts app.
    04-26-16 06:46 PM
    I have had problems with contacts all along. I then (as per info here on CB somewhere) turned off contact sync on both the Hub and all my gmail accounts (on my Priv) and have no problem now. I think, in theory, that when I created a new contact on my Priv, with sync enabled, that whatever I had for contacts on my pc would overwrite what I placed into my Priv. It seems to be working great so far.
    Thank you. With your posting above I did what I did and my problem was resolved. What happened was, I think, last time in order to clear spaces I also cleared something related to contact cache (I just guessed) in my Google account of another cellphone. Then all my Priv contacts turned back to all telephone numbers.

Then after reading your message above, I went to "Settings", "Accounts" and select "WhatApp". There I saw the Sync was interrupted. I don't remember whether I then turned the Sync off or I just pressed the syncing button. Then voila! All is back to normal. I mean I saw all my contact names there again.

Thanks again.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-24-16 09:45 AM
37 12