Unbelievable...with my BB 10 devices, I never got so many bogus invites as I have with Android BBM!

I get the part about ads on Android BBM, but do I have to deal with this too????!!

Any ideas?
    12-16-16 08:46 PM
    Having the same issue here. I hope they do something about it soon because it's getting to be really annoying.
    Hazo likes this.
    12-16-16 09:08 PM
    Having the same issue here. I hope they do something about it soon because it's getting to be really annoying.
    Ok.....so I'm not crazy!!! Lol!!!
    12-16-16 09:32 PM
    Yeah. I just block them waiting for BlackBerry to do something about it.
    12-16-16 09:38 PM
    This is BlackBerry we're talking about. I don't expect it to be fixed, because they won't, unfortunately. Have had this problem on passport as well. Apparently Indonesians post the bbm's on forums, and then add people for some reason, it's very very weird.
    12-17-16 08:25 AM
    This is BlackBerry we're talking about. I don't expect it to be fixed, because they won't, unfortunately. Have had this problem on passport as well. Apparently Indonesians post the bbm's on forums, and then add people for some reason, it's very very weird.
    I never had this problem on any bb10 device.....ever!!!! I don't understand why it happens with the Android version. Does a subscription remove this annoying crap?
    12-22-16 11:13 PM
    BB no longer controls BBM for Android/IOS its EmTeks problem now. EmTek will develop more features for non-BB10 BBM but you'll get more ads and spam with it.
    12-22-16 11:21 PM
    I'm tired of cleaning up rogue invites too. It's enough of a nuisance that I'm exploring some of the other chat apps to find a replacement.
    12-23-16 04:20 AM
    Same problem here, i am gonna disable bbm maybe if they don't fix it.
    12-23-16 08:51 AM
    Yep I'm trying Signal, but it's fairly simple like a basic sms app. Plus not looking forward to trying to convince my friends to move again. They may make me go back to Whatsapp, who encrypts messages end-to-end, but they keep metadata. Like most things, you can't have everything.
    12-23-16 11:23 AM
    I've been testing a lot of bbm alternatives to eventually try and convert people to.. Tried so many, Signal, telegram, SOMA and more but I liked VIPole the best

VIPole is more than just messaging. It's more in line with Skype, end to end encrypted text, voice, video plus encrypted notes and calender and few other smaller features... plus they have a desktop app as well

Only downfall is it doesn't work with Hub but I one time did bring it up to them in an email and they said it sounded like a good idea and may look into it
    12-23-16 09:07 PM
    I get them too. Just block them and I find they stop.
    12-23-16 09:24 PM
    This is just one of the pitfalls of using anything google.

google is mining far more of your data than any of us have agreed to.

Some people refuse to accept this fact... but the evidence proves them wrong.
    FF22 and Hazo like this.
    12-24-16 02:51 AM
    I've been testing a lot of bbm alternatives to eventually try and convert people to.. Tried so many, Signal, telegram, SOMA and more but I liked VIPole the best

VIPole is more than just messaging. It's more in line with Skype, end to end encrypted text, voice, video plus encrypted notes and calender and few other smaller features... plus they have a desktop app as well

Only downfall is it doesn't work with Hub but I one time did bring it up to them in an email and they said it sounded like a good idea and may look into it
    Wow! You convert people? Impressive!
    12-24-16 03:31 AM

BBM spam is Google's doing?
    12-24-16 03:49 AM
    I never had this problem on any bb10 device.....ever!!!! I don't understand why it happens with the Android version. Does a subscription remove this annoying crap?
    I've seen this on BB10 as well but not as frequent. Also the ads on the daily now which is also annoying. And no, I'm not going to pay a monthly fee to remove ads! If BlackBerry wants a one time charge on BBM to remove the ads then great tell me how much I'll gladly pay. But a reoccurring fee is out of the question, especially so if I continue to be committed to purchasing their devices.
    Hazo likes this.
    12-24-16 11:12 AM

Its more likely the some advertisers in BBM aren't on the up and up. Maybe they make more money selling your BBM ID than the other monetization avenues in BBM ads. So blame Blackberry who pawned off BBM to Emtek if you're in the blame game.
    12-24-16 11:42 AM
    The ads and fake invites got so bad I had to delete my BBM.

Such a shame...
    12-24-16 12:15 PM
    BBM spam is Google's doing?
    Yes... if your Google ID happens to be the same email as your BlackBerry ID.
    12-24-16 01:00 PM
    Its more likely the some advertisers in BBM aren't on the up and up. Maybe they make more money selling your BBM ID than the other monetization avenues in BBM ads. So blame Blackberry who pawned off BBM to Emtek if you're in the blame game.
    I agree there is plenty of blame that belongs with BlackBerry too.
    12-24-16 01:01 PM
    It's Indonesian companies using random PIN generators sending random invites. I'm getting them on every device including my BB10 phones. If the exact models matter I have a Q5, Z10, Z30, Passport, and a PRIV.

Whatever you do, when you ignore the invitation, don't check the box that reads "send confirmation" or something along those lines. That flags you as a legitimate PIN and they'll spam you more. I always check "ignore future invitations" and then block them. The frequency of invites has substantially dropped.

None of the blame is on BlackBerry or BBM. There's really nothing they can do to stop invites. On your end, you can disable invites and require security verification. I forget the exact term used in BBM but it's in settings.
    buwee likes this.
    12-24-16 01:16 PM
    It's Indonesian companies using random PIN generators sending random invites. I'm getting them on every device including my BB10 phones. If the exact models matter I have a Q5, Z10, Z30, Passport, and a PRIV.

Whatever you do, when you ignore the invitation, don't check the box that reads "send confirmation" or something along those lines. That flags you as a legitimate PIN and they'll spam you more. I always check "ignore future invitations" and then block them. The frequency of invites has substantially dropped.

None of the blame is on BlackBerry or BBM. There's really nothing they can do to stop invites. On your end, you can disable invites and require security verification. I forget the exact term used in BBM but it's in settings.
    The same Indonesia that BlackBerry sold BBM to? And you see no culpability on BlackBerry's part?

Dumber than a box of rocks is what comes to mind whenever I think about who must have made that genius decision!
    12-25-16 12:57 AM
    I am getting them too on BlackBerry 10 on my Z30. But it's really no different than the random spam phone calls I get from other companies.

Posted by my awesome Z30
    12-25-16 01:15 AM
    I get way fewer ones on my bb10 devices....waaaaaay fewer.... I think there's and Android problem here that needs to be addressed.
    12-25-16 04:38 AM
    I get way fewer ones on my bb10 devices....waaaaaay fewer.... I think there's and Android problem here that needs to be addressed.
    Jup i think there is algorithm for android and pins... I never had random invites on BlackBerry 10
    12-25-16 07:14 AM
26 12