Had a priv delivered to my country that I purchased on Amazon. Picked it up yesterday and played with it last night. I like the phone... heated up a lot but that's to be expected for a brand new phone. The Sim card tray doesn't sit quite flush enough... didnt really have any issues but I'm thinking about selling it. I think my main problem is that I'm used to my z10 and z30 and this andriod/blackberry mash up needs more time to cook in the oven. I'm still using my Z30 today as I really didn't have enough time to totally set up the priv last night and haven't cut my Sim yet. I purchased the priv for $699... by the time I paid shipping and duty to get it to Bermuda I've probably spent about $900 us. Really thinking about selling it and recouping my cost until everything is ironed out....
    11-24-15 08:36 AM
    So you are basing your priv experience just by turning it on? Doesn't sound like you are giving it much of a chance.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    John Doe99 and ndeep13 like this.
    11-24-15 08:41 AM
    By all accounts so far there are a fair number of bugs. You may be better off holding off until a few months in from the launch, especially if you can get your money back at this stage still.
    11-24-15 09:23 AM
    Perhaps you should use your BB10 devices until things are ironed out. Although you may want to consider returning it if the Sim tray isn't flush. Fairly certain that BlackBerry will have things figured out shortly.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 09:25 AM
    I've warned people as best as I can that the priv is a public beta, and it will take a while to become truly dependable for day to day use. BlackBerry has a habit of uncomfortable first releases with products, and if reliability is important to you - its always better with them to be a late adopter.

They tend to ship incomplete or buggy things to rush to meet timelines.

That said they usually patch them later assuming the issues aren't hardware specific. But then they make up new form factors every year anyway, so it's maybe better not to early adopt even their experienced tech... as new form factor hardware needs a month of public use before you know the risks with it.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    11-24-15 09:44 AM
    Give it a real chance, some weeks of using, before making any decisions. The old shoe is always more comfortable. After you give it some time you'll be in a better position to compare.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-24-15 09:51 AM
    Had a priv delivered to my country that I purchased on Amazon. Picked it up yesterday and played with it last night. I like the phone... heated up a lot but that's to be expected for a brand new phone. The Sim card tray doesn't sit quite flush enough... didnt really have any issues but I'm thinking about selling it. I think my main problem is that I'm used to my z10 and z30 and this andriod/blackberry mash up needs more time to cook in the oven. I'm still using my Z30 today as I really didn't have enough time to totally set up the priv last night and haven't cut my Sim yet. I purchased the priv for $699... by the time I paid shipping and duty to get it to Bermuda I've probably spent about $900 us. Really thinking about selling it and recouping my cost until everything is ironed out....
    Based on your post... what needs to be "ironed out" is you want your sim card tray to be more flush... and.... ??? You want Android to behave like BB10?

I don't get it. What needs ironing out?
    11-24-15 10:24 AM
    I've been there, done that. Use it for at least a week. Then decide...
    11-24-15 02:02 PM
    Do it. Sell it. Regret it. Then buy it again for the same cost. The cycle of phone life.
    bruce73 likes this.
    11-24-15 02:15 PM
    Give it a real chance, some weeks of using, before making any decisions. The old shoe is always more comfortable. After you give it some time you'll be in a better position to compare.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    But why buy a new shoe if the old shoe is still being used to win marathons with?
    It really beats me why topic starter (or anybody else) would buy a new phone if they seem to be perfectly happy with what they are using now. I would say: never change a winning team.I don't know when topic starter purchased/received the phone, but it doesn't make sense if he just received it as he had enough opportunity to know by now how buggy the phone still is. Could be he didn't read CB or other forums for the last couple of weeks.........anyhow, hope he gets enough coins for the phone if he decides to sell......900 bucks....I wonder how much he will get for it. TS, let us know please.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...asing-1047224/
    11-24-15 02:22 PM
    But why buy a new shoe if the old shoe is still being used to win marathons with?
    It really beats me why topic starter (or anybody else) would buy a new phone if they seem to be perfectly happy with what they are using now. I would say: never change a winning team.I don't know when topic starter purchased/received the phone, but it doesn't make sense if he just received it as he had enough opportunity to know by now how buggy the phone still is. Could be he didn't read CB or other forums for the last couple of weeks.........anyhow, hope he gets enough coins for the phone if he decides to sell......900 bucks....I wonder how much he will get for it. TS, let us know please.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...asing-1047224/
    People who doesn't know much about phones, just purchase it cause it's in the trend. ie. iPhones.

Once they played with it and find the new OS is too complicated to their previous one, they'll rant and say it's a useless piece of device.
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    11-24-15 02:29 PM