I'm considering giving the Priv a go within the next few days or so. I've been checking out a bunch of reviews, but most of them are based on the device at launch.

I'm curious as to how the Priv has fared since then with all the updates that have been coming out. Can anyone outline some of the major differences between then and now? How has that experience been?

I'll search the forums a bit more, but I felt this would be a good place to gather a few opinions as well. Thanks!
    05-02-16 03:56 PM
    Depending on the carrier, some folks now have Marshmallow which folks seem to really like. There have been changes to the Hub, and the Calendar. They are tweaking things fairly regularly.
    Laura Knotek and CheckWriter like this.
    05-02-16 04:37 PM
    The update to MM, plus the Hub and camera tweaks to-date have made this feel like a different device than the one I purchased. And it is certainly not the same as the launch reviews. With the recent price drops, it's really worth checking out.
    CheckWriter likes this.
    05-02-16 05:59 PM
    Compared to the launch, a lot of stuff got better, especially with Marshmallow.
    The camera got improved in terms of focus speed and features, both related to video and stills.
    The Hub is performing much better and, with Marshmallow, the double notifications seem to be fixed too.
    There also have been a lot of small refinements and fixes everywhere, the Launcher got new options, so did the keyboard, calendar or notes.

Overall BlackBerry did a good job with caring about the Priv, however I think there still is quite some room for improvements:
    Dark themes for both Hub and Calendar would be great. My battery life is still weird, it was great with the first Marshmallow beta, got a slight hit with the second beta and now, after updating all those BlackBerry apps via Play Store, it's almost back to Lollipop levels.

I am very satisfied with the way BBRY handles the security updates, so far I received every security patch on time since I got the phone. BlackBerry really delivers here and I hope they'll keep it that way.
    CheckWriter and Uzi like this.
    05-02-16 06:18 PM
    Thanks everyone!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 11:24 AM
    Compared to the launch, a lot of stuff got better, especially with Marshmallow.
    The camera got improved in terms of focus speed and features, both related to video and stills.
    The Hub is performing much better and, with Marshmallow, the double notifications seem to be fixed too.
    There also have been a lot of small refinements and fixes everywhere, the Launcher got new options, so did the keyboard, calendar or notes.

Overall BlackBerry did a good job with caring about the Priv, however I think there still is quite some room for improvements:
    Dark themes for both Hub and Calendar would be great. My battery life is still weird, it was great with the first Marshmallow beta, got a slight hit with the second beta and now, after updating all those BlackBerry apps via Play Store, it's almost back to Lollipop levels.

I am very satisfied with the way BBRY handles the security updates, so far I received every security patch on time since I got the phone. BlackBerry really delivers here and I hope they'll keep it that way.
    Well said
    05-03-16 11:35 AM
    I just got a great deal on ebay for one... $360... looking forward to going back to Android after the Passport and Classic.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 11:46 AM
    I went ahead and pulled the trigger. 24hrs in, I'm still getting used to things. Late last night, I got some notifications about updates, which I now assume were patches because I'm still on 5.1.1

So far, so good. I'm going to play around some more.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CheckWriter; 05-04-16 at 04:36 PM.
    05-04-16 03:35 PM