No worries about Facebook, I haven't used it since 2010.
    Which browser comes with the priv? I really like the BB10 browser so I'm hoping it's similar to that but really not that big of a concern for me

Posted via CB10
    The stock Android browser.
    11-24-16 10:56 PM
    Android's stock browser is Chrome.
    11-25-16 09:16 AM
    No problem ,

Hope you enjoy the device.

I too used a z30 for a year , then a passport for a year then now my priv for 11 months.

I don't miss bb10 anymore and that's down to how well blackberry have updated the priv and made the software really nice.

Let us know with a follow up thread how's it going , also update to Marshmallow immediately . Lollipop didn't play nice with the priv. I don't know why.
    11-25-16 10:56 AM
    I'm only asking about the radio antenna because it doesn't use data and is great to listen to when on a hike. If I need to download an app to listen to the radio I would probably just use my z30 for when I go hiking. Can the other android BlackBerry's pick up local radio stations with their antenna?

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what I do. Z30 in the left pocket-radio on. Priv in the right. I think that the Z30 is one of the only phones with a usable FM radio. Others apparently have it but are not turned on. Bizarre really. Is it really so they can make you use their software instead?
    11-25-16 12:25 PM
    No problem ,

Hope you enjoy the device.

I too used a z30 for a year , then a passport for a year then now my priv for 11 months.

I don't miss bb10 anymore and that's down to how well blackberry have updated the priv and made the software really nice.

Let us know with a follow up thread how's it going , also update to Marshmallow immediately . Lollipop didn't play nice with the priv. I don't know why.
    I ordered a priv from shopbb which is scheduled for delivery today. In order to update to MM is it over the air or do I need autoloaders or something -- I'm not familiar with updating android devices. Thanks.

Edit: do unlocked Privs have an FM radio also?

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    11-25-16 01:04 PM
    Regarding questions three and four, I have little issue getting through an entire day's usage without requiring another charge; and the PRIV's buggy tendencies are continuously on the decline, especially since the release of Marshmallow.
    11-25-16 01:37 PM
    I ordered a priv from shopbb which is scheduled for delivery today. In order to update to MM is it over the air or do I need autoloaders or something -- I'm not familiar with updating android devices. Thanks.

Edit: do unlocked Privs have an FM radio also?

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    It is over-the-air and can be done via wifi. You do NOT need an autoloader. But just let it do its own restart/reboot which can take some time. Do not interrupt the process.

I have read that all Priv's contain the components for an FM radio but I don't think it has been enabled on any of them. I don't know if BB left out something critical or minor but the FM radio, if it contains one, does not work in any Priv.
    ZayDub likes this.
    11-25-16 03:36 PM
    Thanks for the reply and the info

11-25-16 03:47 PM
33 12