1. Can anyone let me know if the Priv has an antenna where, if I plug my headphones in I can listen to local fm radio stations? 2. I easily get through a days usage on my Z30 with PLENTY of battery to spare. I won't be using the priv heavily (calls and messaging mostly with occasional maps and photos) but want to know if I can get through a day with it. 3. I've heard the priv is buggy. Is this from early reviews before the marshmallow OS or does it continue to be buggy. 4. Many moons ago I tried a samsung galaxy and used the swipe feature of the swiftkey keyboard. Does the priv have this feature and if so, can it be easily turned on or off? 5. Is the sim card slot the same size as the z30?

Thanks for any help!
    11-21-16 06:21 PM
    I am following this thread closely, I am likely gonna purchase one as well. Question I have, since there is no fingerprint scanner can you still use Android Pay? Also, does it have the proper LTE band for T-Mobile US enhanced LTE?
    Last edited by smertz; 11-21-16 at 06:42 PM.
    11-21-16 06:26 PM
    1. Not sure about radio stations, I use slacker radio or google music. 2. I used to use the Z30 but haven't in a long time. The PRIV definitely gets through the day. 3. The software is now very solid. I've been on the beta program for a while and don't have any issues with the latest release. 4. The keyboard has two different kinds of swipe techniques. They can be turned off, or you can change the keyboard all together. 5. You'll need to replace your sim card. PRIV uses a nano sim.
    11-21-16 07:55 PM
    Had mine a month, came from a Passport and quite liking it!
    Not buggy at all, battery last day of heavy business use, not gaming, usually 35% left end of day,
    11-21-16 08:07 PM
    1. Can anyone let me know if the Priv has an antenna where, if I plug my headphones in I can listen to local fm radio stations? 2. I easily get through a days usage on my Z30 with PLENTY of battery to spare. I won't be using the priv heavily (calls and messaging mostly with occasional maps and photos) but want to know if I can get through a day with it. 3. I've heard the priv is buggy. Is this from early reviews before the marshmallow OS or does it continue to be buggy. 4. Many moons ago I tried a samsung galaxy and used the swipe feature of the swiftkey keyboard. Does the priv have this feature and if so, can it be easily turned on or off? 5. Is the sim card slot the same size as the z30?

Thanks for any help!
    Rumor is that the Priv has an FM radio but that it has not been implemented!!!!
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    11-21-16 08:54 PM

Thanks for any help!
    1. Don't know
    2.I had a Z30 for almost a year so in comparison the battery life of the Priv is approximately 15% less at least as I can remember but definitely will last for the day with a similar use.
    3. I have the Priv for almost a year and there is no lag at all!
    4. Yes BlackBerry keyboard supports swipe and you can very easily enable or disable it from the keyboard settings
    5. You will need a new Sim card since Priv needs a Nano Sim.
    11-21-16 09:01 PM
    Best radio you'll get is the TuneIn Radio app.
    11-21-16 10:12 PM
    Best radio you'll get is the TuneIn Radio app.
    I'm only asking about the radio antenna because it doesn't use data and is great to listen to when on a hike. If I need to download an app to listen to the radio I would probably just use my z30 for when I go hiking. Can the other android BlackBerry's pick up local radio stations with their antenna?

Posted via CB10
    sparrow300 likes this.
    11-22-16 08:29 AM
    I am following this thread closely, I am likely gonna purchase one as well. Question I have, since there is no fingerprint scanner can you still use Android Pay? Also, does it have the proper LTE band for T-Mobile US enhanced LTE?
    Yes, but you will need to use your password or PIN to authenticate and yes, it has Band 12.
    11-22-16 08:49 AM

Thanks for any help!
    1. No fm radio, sorry.

2. Medium usage you will get about 15 hours usage from it, heavy you will get 8 hours usage from it and it needs a recharge by lunch time,
    Screen on time varies between 4 hours to 5 hours. Not the most impressive battery but gets you through the day easily. I come home with 15 percent and battery savings on.

3. Yes, priv was buggy now the phone does not crash , lag , stutter or quit on you. With the Marshmallow update and the update to the blackberry apps and suite it's working flawlessly, it's seamless and snappy and you'll appreciate it.

4. Yes blackberry has swift key on its stock keyboard, you can use it on the vkb as well as the pkb As well which is super sweet.
    It can be toggled on and off. I will include a screen grab below for you to have a look at the options.

5. No, the sim is a nano sim. Z30 is a micro sim. Will not fit. Sorry. But here in south Africa guys use a simple cutting tool and your old sim fits in perfectly no hassles.

Things you should note if you buy the priv.

1. Standard normal tasks warms the device to about 35 degrees always, I have 90 apps on my device and my free memory sits at 25 mb and the rest is cached so yeah, maybe that's a reason.

2. Audio quality will match your z30.

3. Build quality at the back is a bit creaky and poor, if you press it creaks, hit and miss but you grow to accept it.

4. Camera is light years better than the z30, the front camera is atrocious, it's just horrible.

5. Itl run apps better than your z30 , general knowledge this.

6. The vkb on the priv will match your z30 , you won't know you typing on a priv. Seamless transition.

7. The hubb is an app now and has a loading time , nothing major . 2 seconds. But there's an instant swipe widget which is as quick as bb10. Il post a screen grab again.

8. In my opinion the best blackberry device made in terms of usability.

Hope this helps.

Iv used the device for 11 months and this is my findings. The other guys are more than welcome to add anything I have missed.
    Attached Thumbnails Considering Priv, have a few questions...-64985.jpg  
    fmb8 likes this.
    11-22-16 11:09 AM
    The swift key option.
    Attached Thumbnails Considering Priv, have a few questions...-64985.jpg  
    11-22-16 11:12 AM
    The swift key option.
    Sorry mistake.
    Attached Thumbnails Considering Priv, have a few questions...-64982.jpg  
    11-22-16 11:13 AM
    1. Android Pay is available but since there's no fingerprint scanner you basically left with using the nfc on board.

2. Yes, it has all proper LTE bands available as your us variant is an svt 001 variant - something like that. Your data speeds will be fine.

Something else I forgot to add,

Because you have the 001 variants your device have wireless charging as well, pretty handy. Here in south Africa we weren't lucky as our 004 variant doesn't support it.
    11-22-16 11:19 AM
    Yeah wireless charging is the one thing I REALLY miss having gone to the DTEK60 as my daily driver.
    11-22-16 12:51 PM
    I love my Priv and is so useful, however the battery is a complete joke. I don't mind too much but coming from the Passport SE it feels like the Priv gets 40% less of battery. Sometimes on heavy use it can fully run out of battery in 4 hours, from 100% to 0%!! This is my second Priv btw and both of them had the same poor battery. But I still love it, it's a beautiful phone, and super useful compared to my Passport because of the apps. I've never had an Android or iOS before my Priv so this was like discovering a huge unknown world so it was pretty exciting to have so many apps and the regular updates. You also asked about lag, I've never experienced that. Maybe on early softwares that was present. The look of the phone is beautiful, I love the back carbon fiber look and how the camera looks with the 2 flash. Audio, coming from Passport SE, is not the best. The SE is phenomenal on the audio section, but on the Priv is just okay, not that bad either. I agree that this could be the best Blackberry ever made, next to the Passport SE, Q10, 9900, 9700, 9000, 8320, 8820 and 8700g

Posted via Passport SE
    Last edited by DiegoV_G; 11-23-16 at 06:53 PM.
    11-22-16 02:35 PM
    Just ordered, can't wait for it to show up and get rid of this iPhone!!
    fanBBRY, so crow and Paraliotis3 like this.
    11-23-16 08:41 AM
    1. No fm radio, sorry.

2. Medium usage you will get about 15 hours usage from it, heavy you will get 8 hours usage from it and it needs a recharge by lunch time,
    Screen on time varies between 4 hours to 5 hours. Not the most impressive battery but gets you through the day easily. I come home with 15 percent and battery savings on.

3. Yes, priv was buggy now the phone does not crash , lag , stutter or quit on you. With the Marshmallow update and the update to the blackberry apps and suite it's working flawlessly, it's seamless and snappy and you'll appreciate it.

4. Yes blackberry has swift key on its stock keyboard, you can use it on the vkb as well as the pkb As well which is super sweet.
    It can be toggled on and off. I will include a screen grab below for you to have a look at the options.

5. No, the sim is a nano sim. Z30 is a micro sim. Will not fit. Sorry. But here in south Africa guys use a simple cutting tool and your old sim fits in perfectly no hassles.

Things you should note if you buy the priv.

1. Standard normal tasks warms the device to about 35 degrees always, I have 90 apps on my device and my free memory sits at 25 mb and the rest is cached so yeah, maybe that's a reason.

2. Audio quality will match your z30.

3. Build quality at the back is a bit creaky and poor, if you press it creaks, hit and miss but you grow to accept it.

4. Camera is light years better than the z30, the front camera is atrocious, it's just horrible.

5. Itl run apps better than your z30 , general knowledge this.

6. The vkb on the priv will match your z30 , you won't know you typing on a priv. Seamless transition.

7. The hubb is an app now and has a loading time , nothing major . 2 seconds. But there's an instant swipe widget which is as quick as bb10. Il post a screen grab again.

8. In my opinion the best blackberry device made in terms of usability.

Hope this helps.

Iv used the device for 11 months and this is my findings. The other guys are more than welcome to add anything I have missed.
    That's what I call a review!

Great job mate, I'm interested in a smartphone with PKB and that's why I'm watching this thread, you answered a lot with it.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-23-16 01:35 PM
    I use it everyday. No problems.
    smertz likes this.
    11-23-16 10:18 PM
    Thanks for all the great replies, especially aespix. I went ahead and ordered it and am hoping the battery lasts a full day for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 12:37 PM
    Tip: for better battery, don't put any first-party Facebook/Facebook Messenger apps on your phone. Third-party or browser.
    smertz likes this.
    11-24-16 12:39 PM
    No worries about Facebook, I haven't used it since 2010.
    Which browser comes with the priv? I really like the BB10 browser so I'm hoping it's similar to that but really not that big of a concern for me

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 12:51 PM
    No worries about Facebook, I haven't used it since 2010.
    Which browser comes with the priv? I really like the BB10 browser so I'm hoping it's similar to that but really not that big of a concern for me

Posted via CB10
    Chrome.

If you use Chrome on the desktop you get the syncing, which is great. However, I've noticed the biggest gripe about it is that the address bar is on the top; if it has to be on the bottom, try Habit Browser or something like that.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-24-16 12:56 PM
    Ordered Priv on Monday .

Questions?
    1. Are buttons closer to Z30 or Passport SE in feel and operation ?
    2. Are speakers closer to Z30 or Passport SE for max volume ?
    3. Is the back susceptible to cracking like the Z30 ?
    4. Is there a big deal where the headphone jack is? Rarely do I put either Z30 or Passport right-side up in my pocket anyway. Seems like a better form facter to me.
    5. Is the light capable of different colours?

Thanks,
    11-24-16 06:53 PM
    Tip: for better battery, don't put any first-party Facebook/Facebook Messenger apps on your phone. Third-party or browser.
    Can you recommend good 3rd party apps that will integrate with the hub? I got the Priv because I need FB for my business, and none of the BB10 apps were integrating with the hub. I found myself checking the browser every hour or more, and just got tired of it.
    11-24-16 07:17 PM
    Ordered Priv on Monday .

Questions?
    1. Are buttons closer to Z30 or Passport SE in feel and operation ?
    2. Are speakers closer to Z30 or Passport SE for max volume ?
    3. Is the back susceptible to cracking like the Z30 ?
    4. Is there a big deal where the headphone jack is? Rarely do I put either Z30 or Passport right-side up in my pocket anyway. Seems like a better form facter to me.
    5. Is the light capable of different colours?

Thanks,
    What buttons? Volume up/down etc? Those would be similar to the passport yes, but a bit less clicky, I mean when you press them it doesn't sound the click that much like on my SE.

If you meant the physical keyboard, it's more like the Torch back then, but the 9810 because I think it had a bit softer keyboard than the 9800.

Speakers has great volume, but the SE has a bit higher volume. In terms of audio quality, it gets nowhere around the SE since it's not even stereo.

I don't think the back is that fragile to crack I think.

The headphone jack doesn't bother me at all. I actually like where it is.

What light do you mean? The LED light? Yes it's multicolored, not like the new blackberrys

Posted via Passport SE
    11-24-16 10:05 PM
33 12