Hello
    Can someone help me I have picked up the priv from carphone warehouse, UK. Are UK devices wireless charging compatible?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-26-15 11:22 AM
    Nope.
    11-26-15 11:24 AM
    Unfortunately not. It doesn't make sense to me way BlackBerry would add it to some devices and not others.

11-26-15 11:44 AM
    That's a bit crap!... Oh well.

11-26-15 02:19 PM
    Unfortunately not. It doesn't make sense to me way BlackBerry would add it to some devices and not others.

Some request it. eg: Carriers in the US. Some do not. eg: Carriers in Canada. While it's arguable that they could save money by not having two different production runs, that's their reasoning. They save money in the long run by not offering it in devices/carriers that do not request it.
    11-26-15 03:41 PM
    Some request it. eg: Carriers in the US. Some do not. eg: Carriers in Canada. While it's arguable that they could save money by not having two different production runs, that's their reasoning. They save money in the long run by not offering it in devices/carriers that do not request it.
    Fair reasoning.. until you hit a consumer who won't purchase a Priv variant due to its lack of wireless charging. Assuming a $0.3 licensing fee for QI integration, at a $700 price point 2300 extra customers must purchase a Priv (for the decision not to implement wireless charging across the range) to offset the revenue loss from one person refusing to buy it. Though profit margin might be a better indicator than cost, either way this seems like a risky tactic on the whole, and one that further depreciates brand value for little gain.
    middbrew likes this.
    11-26-15 05:41 PM
    I will for example not buy a priv because of the lack of wicharge. Can't simply live without that

11-27-15 12:10 PM
    Time to wait for back covers with wireless charging to be on sale
    11-27-15 04:53 PM