I am confused. I look through the forums and it appears that no matter what the topic is once I get reading I find a bunch of posts that appear to be a hatred for blackberry or the Priv. I don't understand how so many people claim they are switching to a Samsung S7 or that they have made the switch. Then why are they in a blackberry forum complaing still? If you have moved on then by all means move on but coming to complain about a phone you don't own or are getting rid of doesn't make sense to me. I for one love my Priv and I have had samsung, iPhones, Lg's and every time I come back to Blackberry because they are built well and to be honest I love BB10. I do however need apps to survive and on the passport I could get them to run okay but not all of them I needed. So the PRIV came and it offers me everything I need. It runs well and I have learned to love the keyboard but it did take some getting used to the small keys but as a slider it is an amazing piece of kit. A guy at work has the S7 and he likes it we often do companions and surprisingly the performance is very close and I can do some things that he can't. When we get to Browsing books and web pages and I am using the keyboard as a scroll pad most people are really impressed at how nice it is to have the whole screen available and not have to touch the screen to interact something that you cannot do with the S7.The scroll up from the bottom also a super nice feature that is PRIV only. And then there is the security that simply isn't matched. I love the new interaction that Dtek provides in Marshmallow allowing you to remove risky permissions on an app after it is installed. The S7 may be a little faster but when compared side by side I think you will be surprised at how little difference there is . Now that the price has dropped I think its a better deal for the money.
    I think many times what you see is not hatred but just people voicing their frustration or dislike. If they truly hated the Priv or any other BlackBerry device they would not be carping but dump the dam phone and move on. I see a small group that thinks any criticism is hatred, I am not saying it is you but maybe we need a Priv SafeSpace...................NOT..........its all part of life.

WOOF!
    Wezard likes this.
    05-13-16 06:40 AM
    I don't know what "family" are you referring to, it always have been a bunch of groups:

- You have one group of dinosaurs who insist they need BIS and it's a noble thing to be raped in the behind the carriers for data plan prices
    - You have the group who thinks BlackBerry is a liar and cheat for not releasing BB10 for their $99 Playbooks
    - You have the diehards on BB10 who insist going into the Android section and proclaim how they will never use anything but that, and how BlackBerry is dead to them, with mannerisms worse than the Morris Marina Owners Club
    - You have the doomsday evangelists / stock shorters who has invested interest to blow any "negative" news for BlackBerry out of proportion to advance their agenda, then saying how they are "realists."

Family? Maybe, but certainly just a dysfunctional one.

I know I'm not part of any family, just a passer-by looking for a keyboard phone.
    Too be fair... some paid a lot more than $99 for their PlayBooks. And there is no doubt that BlackBerry did intent and promise to provide that update. And at the launch of the PlayBook that new OS and new phones weren't suppose to be all that far away....
    05-13-16 08:41 AM
    For what it is worth, I ignore, what seem to me, to be the obvious trolls and those caught up in the "heat of the moment".

However, as a BB user since the early naughties, I think it safe to say, the honestly frustrated are frustrated because they are intelligent and experienced phone users who, while aware of other OS's, are just down right frustrated that BB had neither the self confidence nor vision to understand that BB10 was truly "a contender". At this moment, don't no one mention Adrienne.

As I wrote elsewhere, this is somewhat similar to the automatic vs quartz battles of the late 60's and 70's. BB made more of an Omega/Seiko decision as opposed to a Rolex decision. Neither good nor bad, just different.

We as end users select the OS and phone that satisfies our needs, assist others with queries and play well together.
    05-13-16 11:12 AM
    Too be fair... some paid a lot more than $99 for their PlayBooks. And there is no doubt that BlackBerry did intent and promise to provide that update. And at the launch of the PlayBook that new OS and new phones weren't suppose to be all that far away....
    I am one of those who paid $499 for my 16 GB PlayBook. PlayBook seems to represent what's worst about BlackBerry, or may be the Storm phones, I dunno as I never owned one. The fact that BB10 never came to PlayBook was probably moot now as BB10 failed just like the PlayBook did LOL but BlackBerry breaking the promise on some highly questionable reason was what truly riled people up.
    05-13-16 02:30 PM
    I am one of those who paid $499 for my 16 GB PlayBook. PlayBook seems to represent what's worst about BlackBerry, or may be the Storm phones, I dunno as I never owned one. The fact that BB10 never came to PlayBook was probably moot now as BB10 failed just like the PlayBook did LOL but BlackBerry breaking the promise on some highly questionable reason was what truly riled people up.
    It might have been worse here when the STORM 2 dropped and it came out that the 1GB of memory was not enough... and explained why the STORM was so buggy. Prime example of software not matching the hardware... happened again with the Z10. At least they did double its memory at the last minute, but they needed to double the battery too and didn't.
    05-13-16 03:16 PM
    It might have been worse here when the STORM 2 dropped and it came out that the 1GB of memory was not enough... and explained why the STORM was so buggy. Prime example of software not matching the hardware... happened again with the Z10. At least they did double its memory at the last minute, but they needed to double the battery too and didn't.
    Yeah, boy, the Z10 battery life was the joke of its time. You could not discuss Z10 at length without mentioning its atrocious battery life at some point LOL. I wish BlackBerry could have ported BB10 to the PlayBook as a good faith gesture to say at least they tried and they cared about early adopters, but I guess that was too costly and after back and forth in the C-suite, the decision was to say, oh well, moneywise it does not make sense and all of you who bought the PlayBook could go F yourself.
    05-13-16 03:26 PM
    Yeah, boy, the Z10 battery life was the joke of its time. You could not discuss Z10 at length without mentioning its atrocious battery life at some point LOL. I wish BlackBerry could have ported BB10 to the PlayBook as a good faith gesture to say at least they tried and they cared about early adopters, but I guess that was too costly and after back and forth in the C-suite, the decision was to say, oh well, moneywise it does not make sense and all of you who bought the PlayBook could go F yourself.
    I doubt they were telling the users to go F themselves. They probably knew how many PlayBook's they sold and how many they "fire-sold". The ones they sold could potentially be BB10 adopters, but not /all/, if they ported BB10 as a PR move. The fire-sold ones are people who bought on price, unlikely to adopt BB10. They crunched the numbers and made a decision.

The Z10, since the 10.3.2.x updates, has greatly improved on battery life. There used to be a significant drain even when not in use. Now, the idle drain is just a trickle. I felt the improvement brought it on par with the Q10, before 10.3.2.x. (The Q10's battery life, with 10.3.2.x, is even better now.)

I think some of the angry/hateful posts are due to extreme fandom. Some people, in their own minds, were huge supporters of BlackBerry and when the company did something they didn't like, they took it as a personal attack, "go F yourself" attitude. They went from extreme loyalist to extreme antagonists. What they fail to realize is that companies don't make decisions based on their relationship with a few people, like them, personally. Companies are businesses and act like businesses, where the bottom line is making money.
    05-13-16 07:36 PM
32 12