I'm not one myself that actually goes off of reviews. I mean I read them for general consensus, but by no means do I base my decisions off of what I read, especially since there are many biased opinions out there and many as a whole just want to see BlackBerry fail.

Remember you can purchase the phone and easily return it if it does not fit your needs. Keep on mind here the only review that should matter of course is your own

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Not sure why more people do not take advantage of return policies and solely wait for these lame reviews to come out. I pre ordered mine without hesitation
    11-06-15 08:45 AM
    BlackBerry Priv review roundup (BlackBerry's first Android phone) - Liliputing

Liliputing did a nice summary roundup of the reviews floating around.

I'm waiting on MobileTechReview / Lisa Gade.
    11-06-15 09:02 AM
    I wouldn't let a review do the decision making on my behalf, but what I'm more speaking about us the general attitude and potentially false information the negative reviewers provide the reader regarding the device. It's a shame if they're actually speaking out of their a$$es when there are other reviews saying the camera etc are all good.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:14 AM
    I wouldn't let a review do the decision making on my behalf, but what I'm more speaking about us the general attitude and potentially false information the negative reviewers provide the reader regarding the device. It's a shame if they're actually speaking out of their a$$es when there are other reviews saying the camera etc are all good.

Posted via CB10
    There's nothing you can do about it. BlackBerry is partially responsible for this atmosphere. Hopefully Priv will sell and BlackBerry's reputation changes.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:18 AM
    Being interested in potentially upgrading to this device, I'm concerned about the conflicting reviews regarding this phone. I'm seeing very positive reviews saying the device is well built with great performance and a solid camera, then I'm seeing another review state the absolute opposite. Now, personally, I'm inclined to believe the negative reviews are fuelled by negative attitude and perception of Blackberry and their products but to say something that isn't actually true - according to the positive reviews - borders on illegal as far as I'm concerned when journalists are expected to use their position of influence only to report facts and not lies (not that the media is saturated with anything less usually).

Anyway, who else is dissapointed in this conflict of reviews?

The only thing that actually disappoints me about the Priv based on the reports is that it sports a solo only speaker setup. Being a current Z30 user I really wanted this phone to be a dual speaker stereo set up for a richer fuller sound experience in landscape. Apart from that the device looks solid.

Posted via CB10
    Thi type of reporting happens all the time in every area of life not just towards BlackBerry. That is why they end up reporting to retraction when they get caught by people who care about the issue. Otherwise, it goes unnoticed and people take it at face value. This is even worse when it comes to BlackBerry. "Reviewers" have no clue as to what they are reviewing most of the time. Don't let that get to you.
    11-06-15 09:35 AM
    Yeah. I guess I am just letting it get to me. Some of the reviews opening headlines are usually very negative, even. I guess I sincerely hope that these reviews don't crush the chances of the device with it already facing an uphill battle. I just don't want Chen to close shop, really.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:42 AM
    I never really understood that. I also work in an industry that has super fans (we call it the Ford / Chevy syndrome lol) and even though we are one of the big ones that people love and bash others, I still discourage it. I tell our fans "How boring would it be to only have one brand? You say you hate brand XXX, but brand XXX is what makes us so good. The more people you have making great products the more you are forced to make a better product and keep your prices in line" We all know what happened when Henry Ford had the only car option - any color you want as long as it is black. I have an ipad, but am not a fan of the "Apple Way" - but I do realize they pushed the boundaries that resulted in all the awesome stuff we have in our pockets today.

I have been a fan of BB since my first one and have not owned anything else since and will probably get a priv. BUT even I know if Apple and Android had not come along, we would still be seeing the snails pace development that always drove me crazy with BB. Remember when you had to decide what BB device to get based on what you wanted? Do you want a phone with a camera OR do you want a phone with GPS OR do you want a phone with WiFi?? They had us over a barrel and that is what happens without enough competition.

Even the best company gets lazy with no competition. No reason to hate on any of them. If they are not for you, then don't buy them but be glad they are there to make your favorite even better.......and better priced.
    11-06-15 09:46 AM
    You can tell who is giving a proper review and the ones who are giving their personal reviews.

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    11-06-15 10:14 AM
    I appreciate that we can differentiate the reviews well, but to the casual viewer who believes Blackberry are a dead company might not care less to investigate a little further. Either way, I hope of the device is good as some positive reviewers indicate then it proves to be a success.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:16 AM
34 12