From BlackBerry India

Comparing BlackBerry PRIV against Samsung S6 Edge+, iPhone 6s Plus & other 2015 flagships - BBin

Don't shoot the messenger, just providing some useful information. "Let the battle begin!"

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 12:06 PM
    It's a fair comparison and it also says something about the price which also is fair. I can't see any reason why the price should be considerably lower of much lower. If course I also think that it is high, but everything is high priced when you pay with your own money.

Posted via CB10
    DJBS4LIFE likes this.
    10-24-15 12:23 PM
    Very good comparisons, I don't understand why people here still bash BlackBerry Priv for not having latest specs.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by okayito; 10-24-15 at 12:38 PM.
    10-24-15 12:28 PM
    Very good comparisons, I don't like understand why people here still bash BlackBerry Priv for not having latest specs.

Posted via CB10
    because BB is in trouble and is trying to stay afloat by capturing market shares, in order to do that they need to offer something that is on par or better than the rest and at a better price.
    10-24-15 12:38 PM
    The video of the swiping up of words on the physical keyboard has me intrigued...
    10-24-15 12:39 PM
    because BB is in trouble and is trying to stay afloat by capturing market shares, in order to do that they need to offer something that is on par or better than the rest and at a better price.
    I think they've done that.

Priv is $699 USD with capacitive touch keyboard.

iPhone 6s+ (64GB - 16GB version without SD card is not comparable) is $850
    Galaxy S6 edge plus is $780
    Even lower-spec'ed Blackphone 2 is $799

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    saxxman and sirius27 like this.
    10-24-15 12:48 PM
    The
    BlackBerry will stay afloat regardless of how the Priv does. They are now a software and services company who want to be able to offer their business and enterprise customers hardware like the Priv as part of end to end solutions using BES. Sales in the high end consumer market are a secondary opportunity.
    DJBS4LIFE and wincyUt like this.
    10-24-15 12:56 PM
    BB probably prices the phone right, but it's not too competitive. remember, the goal here is to sell over 5 million units to make a profit and keep making devices for the BB 10/BES12 customers.
    it may prove a bit difficult given that other phone makers offer better prices.
    10-24-15 01:34 PM
    This is not a fair comparison. This comparison is lop sided towards BlackBerry.

The Priv is a hexacore processor device, the Samsung is an Octacore device.

The other most important feature that all consumers look at is the front camera. BlackBerry Priv provides a 2 MP camera way below the lowest front camera of 5 MP from iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 01:41 PM
    Let me preface this by saying I'm getting a PRIV, but some salty pressed soul wrote this because they're not even attempting to really be objective here, he's completely biased. Specs really do mean little though, so wait until true comparison reviews come out before you say "Priv does x better than y". For all you know, the battery may not even make it through the day due to the extra security etc, don't jinx it just yet hah.

I think they missed a lot of other major devices, and many do beat the Priv in some regards. Just some quick observations:

No LG V10... it's got 4 GB/same processor as the PRIV/64 GB/microSD up to 2 TB/Fingerprint scanner/dual selfie cameras/back camera will probably continue to reign supreme in manual mode/2 front screens/led/exchangeable power packs/military drop protection - started at same price as PRIV but it already fell to $610 USD in S. Korea, it's due in the US mid November).

... and they missed that the LG G4 also is expandable up to 2TB. I doubt they truly missed that though. Also just as a micro SD card is desirable for some people, so is a removable battery, but this chart doesn't bother showcase which devices give you that flexibility.

Also no Nexus 6P, which at face value has a larger battery than the Priv, and a better processor.

And that the iPhones can record at 240 fps, the others can do 120fps at 720p, PRIV can't do anything at 120fps... The Xperia can do slow motion in 4k :/, that's a pretty big deal. Trying to just win with "18 mp" means nothing lol, many devices have 21 mp now, even the bargain Moto X Play.

No mention of front facing camera specs. Because that would look bad.

And there's no Note 5... which is a pretty big deal, just because there's 1 more phone that beats most of it's specs even if it's practically a dupe for the S6E+.

Moto X Pure/Style? How can you skip over that? Stock Android, same processor, same amount of RAM, better camera specs... a direct competitor in many regards and also much cheaper.

One Plus 2? Stronger processor, RAM, can do slow motion video, available in 64GB...

No fingerprint scanner mention, which a lot of people want (even though I don't personally want it, we gotta be fair here, it's becoming standard now).

Xperia Z5compact and the regular Z5 are also better in some regards - and remember they get 2 days battery life, despite their battery looking small on paper. Sony Xperia Z5 has a stronger processor on paper, same amount of RAM, also expandable memory, better camera.

I'm getting a PRIV, don't get me wrong, but if you're going to try to be objective about the hardware, do it properly. Ironic that they put a security feature section and don't give iPhone any credit. Many enterprises have switched to iPhone and dropped Blackberry, it's not because the thing has 0 security, as much as I hate Apple. And if so, where is the Blackphone?

Android manufacturers have really evolved this year, don't underestimate the competition. They're going to be spanked by the more serious reviewers, brace yourself. They're not getting forgiven at a $750 price point.
    Adam Frix and zocster like this.
    10-24-15 01:50 PM
    This is not a fair comparison. This comparison is lop sided towards BlackBerry. ... The other most important feature that all consumers look at is the front camera. BlackBerry Priv provides a 2 MP camera way below the lowest front camera of 5 MP from iPhone.
    Actually the most important feature of the Priv is that BlackBerry is not marketing it to consumers who can't get past the numbers in the specifications.

The other most important feature that all consumers look at is the front camera. BlackBerry Priv provides a 2 MP camera way below the lowest front camera of 5 MP from iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Number of cores does not tell the whole story. The Snapdragon 808 stacks up very well against the other flagships in real-world performance.

I would pit the large pixel size 2MP front camera against a small pixel size 5MP camera any day. The large pixel size allows a lot more light into the sensor for better low light shots.

There are countless android devices out there at almost every price point, I agree. You can go on forever debating the price/spec thing. Suffice it to say, BlackBerry is up there in specs, and not the most expensive by any means.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Last edited by conite; 10-24-15 at 02:18 PM.
    wincyUt likes this.

Posted via CB10
    There was a great post in another thread from a photographer that explained why 2MP is ideal with fixed focus lens and will let more light in than the 5 MP. In other words, the professionals know MP is a marketing thing and sensor and lens quality matter much more.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 04:05 PM
    There was a great post in another thread from a photographer that explained why 2MP is ideal with fixed focus lens and will let more light in than the 5 MP. In other words, the professionals know MP is a marketing thing and sensor and lens quality matter much more.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree with you on this however BlackBerry needs to market this device to the masses. What is the percentage of people around you who are professional photographers as compared to those who are not?

In view of this, the phone is developed wrongly as the marketeers can't market the device to the people as the things people are looking at, considering or comparing is not available for them to consider.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 11:15 PM
    I totally agree with you on this however BlackBerry needs to market this device to the masses. What is the percentage of people around you who are professional photographers as compared to those who are not?

In view of this, the phone is developed wrongly as the marketeers can't market the device to the people as the things people are looking at, considering or comparing is not available for them to consider.

Posted via CB10
    I reject this and any consumer (by accepting) who forces the masses to be treated like ***** consumers. Don't encourage them. Educate them.
    10-25-15 01:05 AM
    I reject this and any consumer (by accepting) who forces the masses to be treated like ***** consumers. Don't encourage them. Educate them.
    That's not possible. This would be almost like educating everyone how a car works or make them understand what is the significance of the car horse power as compared to it's performance. Most people are not interested to know the details. They just look at the numbers.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 03:02 AM