BBOS10 was great operating system despite being underrated operating system and lack of apps was major obstacle that Blackberry failed to overcome and that killed the brand all together.

Android was the hope for Blackberry to come back but they failed as well because they could not offer something unique and new other than a phone with physical keyboard.

All BlackBerry productivity apps was not enough to attract users. Also I found that many users from BB10 who bought the PRIV found it strange and does not match BBOS10 features and wished it came with BBOS10 option.

I think BlackBerry lost so much, new users and loyal blackberry users at the same time because Android that was shipped was not polished, customized enough to remove all complexity of it.

All what I really wanted a simple OS that I don't have to customize, install third party apps to do simple tasks such as viewing images and videos on my phone (file manager), bedside mode ..etc, LED notifications, sound profile ... etc

A better way to manage contacts and notifications. right now it's a complete mess.

The HUB was best app I have ever seen where everything is put together nicely. BUT on android is nothing more than social media & email app.

Was it hard for Blackberry to ask few smart developers to create a Launcher with BlackBerry OS10 features ? The swipe, gestures, HUB peak ...etc

Was it hard to find a better way to deal with notification? to make them appear in the HUB?

Was it that hard to put better phone dialer? Rather using this android confusing nonsense phone dialer.

It's sometimes the little things that changes everything.

Why there is no middle ground? Why there can't be a better android?

I found samsung, HTC and other manufacturers create specific apps such as clock, calculator, phone dialer, theme, icons ... specific to make them unique and special... we didn't get that with BlackBerry? productivity apps was something but not good enough to attract users to buy it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by Akamali; 04-28-16 at 04:28 PM.
    04-28-16 03:44 PM
    Well, the Android way is that you can go to play store and find lots of developers who have made apps to do some of the things you want.

But for those who want a better straight out of the box experience, maybe BB should bundle some good apps (dialers, etc) and pre-install them.
    04-28-16 05:57 PM
    It sounds like a BB10 device would be appropriate for you then.

I think there is plenty on the Priv that differentiates it from other Android devices. One needs to be open to the app-centric nature of Android and to make it work for you; plain and simple.
    Lotster likes this.
    04-28-16 06:02 PM
    I'd like more BB apps just so I'm not sharing files, location, contacts, calendar with every Tom, **** and Harry developer. If BB really wants to sell security, then include a file manager a music player and picture viewer, etc.

Really I can't say Moby ****? Or **** Tracy? **** Van Dyke?
    04-28-16 09:02 PM
    It sounds like a BB10 device would be appropriate for you then.

I think there is plenty on the Priv that differentiates it from other Android devices. One needs to be open to the app-centric nature of Android and to make it work for you; plain and simple.
    I think you're totally mistaken the point I'm trying to get is to find a common ground between Blackberry 10 users because they are the majority who switched to BlackBerry PRIV.

Second thought not all users are interested in downloading third-party apps to do a little things that should come by default with the phone Blackberry should have made things easier not more difficult why would I have to go to Play Store to download the file manager or proper music player Blackberry travel and so on.... now I have to go and experiment apps to find which is good and I can use do I only have to do that on iOS? The answer is simply no

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-29-16 12:04 AM
    The problem comes because BlackBerry is not having a real policy to follow up. Within 3 and half years they have used three totally different operation systems, legacy OS , BlackBerry 10 and now android !
    04-29-16 08:37 PM