I didn't see this posted; forgive me if this is a repost.

THE GOOD The BlackBerry Priv delivers strong performance in a sleek, solid package. The subtle tweaks to Android are useful, and the compact keyboard packs in useful functionality. It's also fun to slide open, over and over again.

THE BAD The keyboard is a bit narrow for large hands, and the device feels top heavy when fully extended. This security-focused phone is missing a few modern protection options, like a fingerprint reader or iris scanner.

THE BOTTOM LINE Android and an awesome keyboard make the Priv the best BlackBerry in years, but if you're not a keyboard lover and aren't much of a security seeker, you'll find phones that are cheaper, or offer better features than the Priv.

BlackBerry Priv review - CNET
    11-09-15 03:17 PM
    I think at this point they have all been posted.

It is what it is.... most just don't see the justification for the price. Thus their reviews also include "value judgments", and coming off the just released NEXUS devices the PRIV looks really bad in comparison.

Would have been nice to see just a hardware review... with no comment on BlackBerry past, or this is their last shot or it's expensive.
    11-09-15 03:27 PM
    I will NOT buy any phone that uses any scanner for security purposes.

Posted via CB10
    sonicpix likes this.
    11-09-15 03:29 PM
    I'm sick of hearing about the lack of fingerprint scanner. Six months ago no-one cared. Now it's apparently an ESSENTIAL component. I doubt I'd use it even if the PRIV had it. I'd rather have a password I can change if I need to vs a finger I can't risk cutting (again) or getting a blister on.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 03:31 PM
    Well, that's the first top heavy comment I've read. Didn't feel top heavy to me in store but Meh.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 03:37 PM
    I would give the priv a 4 out of 5 only because of the camera delay. However I think its a good start and some OS update are required to fix some issues.

Please remember the same issues plagued some of the latest flag ship Phone. In fact the only Phone I recall that got the 5/5 rating was the IPhone when it came out. That's because no one had nothing to compare it to.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 03:41 PM
    I think at this point they have all been posted.

It is what it is.... most just don't see the justification for the price. Thus their reviews also include "value judgments", and coming off the just released NEXUS devices the PRIV looks really bad in comparison.

Would have been nice to see just a hardware review... with no comment on BlackBerry past, or this is their last shot or it's expensive.
    But isn't a review for a product by definition a value judgement? They aren't reviewing to say whether they like or dislike it only, but to give their opinion on whether the object in question has appropriate value respective to its selling price, and, unfortunately, BBRY's past, its fiscal and user base position, and its price relative to other hardware (I know, I know, PKB) for the segment of the market that doesn't give a toss about the signature Blackberry features, which clearly is most of the market given its existing sales, are salient points. So, I feel that the inclusion of such remarks is justified.
    11-09-15 03:50 PM
    Thanks for the highlights so I did not have to provide Cnet with any clicks. Have not really trusted anything they have said in years. Their 3.5 is probably a 4.5 for me.
    11-09-15 03:53 PM
    But isn't a review for a product by definition a value judgement? They aren't reviewing to say whether they like or dislike it only, but to give their opinion on whether the object in question has appropriate value respective to its selling price, and, unfortunately, BBRY's past, its fiscal and user base position, and its price relative to other hardware (I know, I know, PKB) for the segment of the market that doesn't give a toss about the signature Blackberry features, which clearly is most of the market given its existing sales, are salient points. So, I feel that the inclusion of such remarks is justified.
    What are you trying to say in that 2nd "sentence"?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 04:00 PM
    What are you trying to say in that 2nd "sentence"?

Posted via CB10
    Apologies, there are loads of clauses there. I'm saying that BBRY's current position and recent pass are things that have to be considered where the longevity of the phone are concerned, with respect to updates and support, and that, contrary to many assertions on Crackberry, it's perfectly valid to compare the Priv to other flagship Android handsets because most of the market does not care about those hardware elements that are quintessentially BBRY, i.e. the physical keyboard. If it was such a device mover, sales in BB10 would have been stronger irrespective of lack of apps and non-BBRY hardware would not have made such in-roads into the corporate space.

That's why I feel that including those remarks in a review is valid.
    11-09-15 04:06 PM
    A finger print scanner and iris scanners are security features? Since when? These are two features I'd never want on a phone....ever.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 04:12 PM
    I'm sick of hearing about the lack of fingerprint scanner. Six months ago no-one cared. Now it's apparently an ESSENTIAL component. I doubt I'd use it even if the PRIV had it. I'd rather have a password I can change if I need to vs a finger I can't risk cutting (again) or getting a blister on.

Posted via CB10
    Me too. A finger print scanner is the least secure of all the methods imo. All somebody has to do is scan your finger while you are sleeping and start snooping. No thanks.
    11-09-15 04:20 PM
    I didn't see this posted; forgive me if this is a repost.

THE GOOD The BlackBerry Priv delivers strong performance in a sleek, solid package. The subtle tweaks to Android are useful, and the compact keyboard packs in useful functionality. It's also fun to slide open, over and over again.

THE BAD The keyboard is a bit narrow for large hands, and the device feels top heavy when fully extended. This security-focused phone is missing a few modern protection options, like a fingerprint reader or iris scanner.

THE BOTTOM LINE Android and an awesome keyboard make the Priv the best BlackBerry in years, but if you're not a keyboard lover and aren't much of a security seeker, you'll find phones that are cheaper, or offer better features than the Priv.

BlackBerry Priv review - CNET
    I have to beg the differ on two points:
    1. The keyboard on the Priv should fee any narrower than the one on the Classic or the on screen keyboard. I tried it out yesterday. Coming from typing on the Passport, it felt a bit cramp but after about fifteen minutes I was fine with it. If you are using the iPhone 4 or 5, you wont see it narrow.
    2. Top heavy? This is one of the thing I was testing out when I use it yesterday. The whole thirty minutes I was using the physicla keyboard, and I didn't feel an oz of top heavy. It was very balanced.

Whether the keyboard feels narrow, or the device feels top heavy, it's a personal feeling. You have to go and try it out yourselves.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-09-15 04:22 PM