I've been experiencing this lately, not sure after what update. I'm on the Marshmallow beta.6.0.1, AAG191.

Basically the bluetooth audio goes all choppy, for perhaps 10 seconds, then recovers. It happens with multiple audio sources (MX Player, Pocketcasts) and multiple bluetooth devices (Jaybird X2, Tuscon onboard bluetooth).

Anybody else seen this?
    08-28-16 10:39 PM
    I have. I don't know why that happens but I've had it on other android phones, too. I'm not sure it is necessary but I've always gotten rid of it by deleting the device in Android and re pairing.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    08-28-16 10:48 PM
    Ok, thanks.
    08-28-16 11:06 PM
    My priv sucks using Bluetooth. It sounds like a cd skipping, never recovers. I have resorted to using my passport in my vehicle for music and calls as I couldn't fix the issue. Not impressed.

I spent at least four hours a day diving and I had to stop myself from tossing it out the window.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    jfalkingham likes this.
    08-28-16 11:43 PM
    Finally! Others who have this same problem. I tried everything and it keeps doing it. I deleted the pairing on both the phone and the Bluetooth device and audio streaming still skips like a 90's portable CD player.

It does not skip when a voice call comes through Bluetooth however, only audio streaming....

08-29-16 02:22 AM
    Weird i use it with my Samsung soundbar no issues.
    Cars are known to be fussy sometimes I've experienced

I do get the cutting out when a message or alert comes in though not long though.

See if disabled sound makes a difference maybe
    08-29-16 03:31 AM
    I've been experiencing this lately, not sure after what update. I'm on the Marshmallow beta.6.0.1, AAG191.

Basically the bluetooth audio goes all choppy, for perhaps 10 seconds, then recovers. It happens with multiple audio sources (MX Player, Pocketcasts) and multiple bluetooth devices (Jaybird X2, Tuscon onboard bluetooth).

Anybody else seen this?
    Yes, on our Sony BT speaker. I ended up downloading all our music onto my Z30 and leaving it with the speaker to play music. Pain in the....!
    08-29-16 09:13 AM
    When I have this problem with my Priv and car audio I worked out that turning flight mode on then off, seems to reset the bluetooth connection and the stuttering is fixed.

FF22 likes this.
    08-29-16 04:41 PM
    I've had then happen before on phone calls in the car. I've also had it drop the connection and reconnect while on a call.

08-30-16 09:19 PM
    So I just realized when I turn on the wipers in my truck it makes the Bluetooth act up. Turn on wipers and my music sounds like a cd skipping. I just tried it with my Q10 and Passport and it doesn't do it, just the priv.

Nothing else I turn on does it, just the wipers. Crazy.

terminatorx likes this.
    09-10-16 02:25 PM
    I get a choppy connection sometimes, but only when I have my Priv in my fanny pack while speed walking. My Q10 maintains a much better connection. Hoping this can be corrected with a software update.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 10:22 PM
    Happens all the time using a Bluetooth speaker phone (calisto 620) or using Ford sync. I believe this is a bt profile issue . I've never experienced this with any BBOS10 or iOS device. My motto g 4 on marshmallow does not behave this way either but it seems to use a different profile than what the priv is using. Either way it's a horrible experience.
    11-02-16 09:41 PM
    I had this happen in my ford escape when gps/google maps was on as well as poweramp/music from SD card was playing. After I turned of g maps it was fine. Idk. On beta.
    11-02-16 10:15 PM
    I had this happen in my ford escape when gps/google maps was on as well as poweramp/music from SD card was playing. After I turned of g maps it was fine. Idk. On beta.
    Google maps kills it for me, goes very choppy. Turned Google Maps navigation off and smooth as silk once again!
    FF22 and chuckiev79 like this.
    11-03-16 05:07 AM
    I've got the same problem. Good to see that it's not just my device. Call quality in my car or on my Plantronics headset is good. When I stream to my car it skips. Steam to Plantronics headset and 50/50 if is skips or not. Stream to Bose Soundlink Mini, no problems at all. WTF! I'm having to use my Note 4 to steam in the car and tether to my Priv for data. Need to find a fix.
    03-24-17 08:22 AM
    Ok this is driving me nuts. I have exactly the same issue, all Bluetooth headphones fail the same way. Like you all , this was post-update.

What's weird is BlackBerry have this issue logged against one of their other android units...but not the Priv.

I f*cking love thus phone! But this issue is a so odd but so annoying it's really driving me nuts..
    08-04-17 11:22 AM
    I have some devices that work fine, while others don't, so it is possible for manufacturers to write firmware that work with Marshmallow. I have a pair of JBL headphones that work fine, and an Altec Lansing speaker that works. I also had a Samsung headset that did work until a few days ago, I won't blame Android for it now working though, I will blame the car that ran over it. Sigh.

I have a bluetooth system for my motorcycle headset that doesn't work. It did at one point, but not now. Some firmware update for it messed it up. I can occasionally get it to work by deleting pairing on both ends, then re-pairing. Turning off A2DP sometimes works if your device allows for that.
    08-04-17 05:44 PM
    I have some devices that work fine, with my Priv, while others don't, so it is possible for manufacturers to write firmware that work with Marshmallow. I have a pair of JBL headphones that work fine, and an Altec Lansing speaker that works. I also had a Samsung headset that did work until a few days ago, I won't blame Android for it now working though, I will blame the car that ran over it. Sigh.

I have a bluetooth system for my motorcycle headset that doesn't work. It did at one point, but not now. Some firmware update for it messed it up. I can occasionally get it to work by deleting pairing on both ends, then re-pairing. Turning off A2DP sometimes works if your device allows for that.
    08-04-17 05:45 PM
    I have the same problem. Was just about to make a thread. Using spotify coupled with google maps on a drive, eventually the BT starts to stutter more and more until it just cuts out for seconds at a time and the phone becomes unresponsive. I've tried autoloading and it comes back again. I don't feel like I'm asking too much of my phone to navigate and play some music while charging. But alas, it just can't do it!!! Podcast app seems to work with less stutters but Spotify and Google Maps (the perfect travel duo) just seems to choke and die. Gutted. I'm considering selling the handset and going back to Samsung, but I'll miss the keyboard so much.
    08-07-17 01:20 PM
    I have the same problem. Was just about to make a thread. Using spotify coupled with google maps on a drive, eventually the BT starts to stutter more and more until it just cuts out for seconds at a time and the phone becomes unresponsive. I've tried autoloading and it comes back again. I don't feel like I'm asking too much of my phone to navigate and play some music while charging. But alas, it just can't do it!!! Podcast app seems to work with less stutters but Spotify and Google Maps (the perfect travel duo) just seems to choke and die. Gutted. I'm considering selling the handset and going back to Samsung, but I'll miss the keyboard so much.
    Sorry, but it isn't just Blackberry, it is an Android issue. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...E3fKrPnmFnM1gQ

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...rbBNeZdpD3liLA

Oh, and my wife has a Samsung running Lolipop and she has the same issue on some devices.
    08-07-17 06:11 PM
    I've got the same issue with my 2 Bluetooth headset. I thought the Bluetooth headset was defective, so I returned it and got a new one. But still the same. So the problem might be the Priv?
    08-07-17 08:38 PM
    What ever they did in the Aug update has fixed mine 90% better!
    08-22-17 05:38 PM
    With the Priv. Build AAQ280, I found by booting in safe mode & disabling battery optimisation on the music apps & bluetooth apps, it didnt skip or chop.... But rebooting back to normal mode, the problem persists...
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 01-28-18 at 10:03 PM. Reason: removed outside link
    01-28-18 09:58 PM
    happens some on my airpods nut not on other Bluetooth devices.
    01-31-18 07:42 AM