iPhone 6k design has BlackBerry style keyboard - Phones Review
    Not sure it is going to happen but it is interesting to see that the priv is getting popular...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-27-15 08:14 AM
    That's probably in production for next year! BlackBerry iphone who knows the what the market is telling JC

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 09:17 AM
    Apple would never do it but what a clever idea. Apple could license one of Blackberry's iconic keyboards from them.
    11-27-15 02:04 PM
    Blackberry has all kinds of patents...not sure what implications it would have...for instance with the TYPO fiasco, and I see they also have force touch patented.

Apple?s Force Touch is Already Patented by BlackBerry - Cantech Letter
    11-27-15 02:11 PM
    Apple would never do it but what a clever idea. Apple could license one of Blackberry's iconic keyboards from them.
    You are right, they would have to license anything similar to that from BB without infringing on patents , and I doubt BB would do it. It's one of the last iconic features BB needs to hold on to if they want to continue in the hardware business.
    11-27-15 02:12 PM
    Is that true?
    Was BlackBerry storm having the same features as I phones 3d touch?

11-28-15 01:42 AM
    You are right, they would have to license anything similar to that from BB without infringing on patents , and I doubt BB would do it. It's one of the last iconic features BB needs to hold on to if they want to continue in the hardware business.
    Perhaps licensing the iconic keyboard out is a better business for BlackBerry than making handsets at this point in time.

Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    11-28-15 01:45 AM
    Perhaps licensing the iconic keyboard out is a better business for BlackBerry than making handsets at this point in time.

Haven't you heard the buzz around the priv or vienna...?

11-28-15 02:40 AM
    Blackberry has all kinds of patents...not sure what implications it would have...for instance with the TYPO fiasco, and I see they also have force touch patented.

Apple?s Force Touch is Already Patented by BlackBerry - Cantech Letter
    Force touch and the Storm aren't remotely similar.
    11-28-15 07:03 AM
    Why would they do this when they have a great working model?
    11-28-15 09:26 AM
    Love how they still included the home button for the " I don't know how to swipe to close an app" users. Lol

If blackberry were making the phone it may be more durable but with apple and the 6s already a bend hazard this thing would fold like an accordion. Let's hope apple keeps their " you need what we envision and not allowed anything else " model. The last thing needed is more articles about how apple would "innovate" this design. Lol
    11-28-15 09:34 AM
    I posted here on CB a few months ago a concept design of a 5.1" smartphone with dedicated [physical] keyboard with variable key labels but without any moving part (i.e. no slider, no pressable keys). The keyboard is capacitive-based and uses taptic sensors to distinguish between swiping and typing. The post was deleted by moderator, probably due to the title, "iPhone 7".

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    11-28-15 09:49 AM
    It's not as widespread as you seem to think it is.
    lift likes this.
    11-28-15 01:17 PM

Of course, but just here on CB. (can't tell if you're being sarcastic, sorry). Look at the Priv for example. It's a slider because it has to be. That's the only way to have both a large all touch, screen and a PKB. So that's not a "good" differentiator in the market, but rather something they had to do with this phone. Most folks don't want sliders at this point.

So then the only other real differentiator is the physical keyboard, which is not done as well as it is on the Classic or the Passport. Nonetheless the BB keyboard is really the only critical thing BlackBerry is still loved for by the general phone using public.
    11-28-15 01:27 PM
    Love how they still included the home button for the " I don't know how to swipe to close an app" users. Lol

If blackberry were making the phone it may be more durable but with apple and the 6s already a bend hazard this thing would fold like an accordion. Let's hope apple keeps their " you need what we envision and not allowed anything else " model. The last thing needed is more articles about how apple would "innovate" this design. Lol
    Yeah because Blackberry doesn't make phones that bend.....
    lift likes this.
    11-28-15 01:53 PM
    I think BlackBerry should have a cue from Seacrest and made a keyboard attachment. Therefore an all touch phone with many peripherals etc. And most of all a comparable keyboard to the BlackBerry Passport/ Classic. That ifone design is very intriguing also

Posted via the Pittsters Priv
    11-28-15 02:46 PM
    I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing for Blackberry. However, that was pretty slick for the keyboard to slide "into" the phone, so to speak. or type
    11-29-15 02:12 AM
    iPhone 6k design has BlackBerry style keyboard - Phones Review
    Not sure it is going to happen but it is interesting to see that the priv is getting popular...

That design doesn't seem possible... It leaves no room for the internals

11-29-15 12:22 PM
    Why would they do this when they have a great working model?
    The virtual keyboard came about as a way to maximize screen size...not because it was an improvement in functionality. I seem to recall a lot of people complaining about it at the time. I didn't even realize how much I preferred physical keyboards until I started using one again. I think others will come to realize that virtual keyboards are the antiquated technology...not the other way around.
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-29-15 at 01:00 PM.
    11-29-15 12:45 PM