Not that it's a big concern but I don't see the charge line on the bevelled edge of screen when phone is on change now
    12-15-16 02:59 AM
    Settings > Display > Battery Edge

Otherwise could be something with the light sensor? It should only usually come on when it detects light. If it's dark, it won't shop up.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-15-16 05:14 AM
    Thanks ams083, obvious now. Only putting my phone on charge each night in a dark bedroom.

Regards
    12-16-16 02:52 AM
    I have this setting turned on, on my phone, but I rarely see the charging light, thought I'd see it all the time, sometimes I see a line, sometimes it shows a percentage and I've seen it give a time when fully charged text, but mostly I see nothing at all, its so random, why can't we have just one thing and it stay there?
    12-16-16 03:24 AM
    Might just be me (not taking much notice), but sometimes it appears as though it may also only display if it senses movement (proximity sensor), for example, if I have my Priv on charge on a desk or table and I can see it, it might not be showing the charge bar, but if I happen to walk by it etc, it will display it.
    12-16-16 06:44 AM
    I have this setting turned on, on my phone, but I rarely see the charging light, thought I'd see it all the time, sometimes I see a line, sometimes it shows a percentage and I've seen it give a time when fully charged text, but mostly I see nothing at all, its so random, why can't we have just one thing and it stay there?
    If it stayed on Permanently, there would be screen "burn-in" along the green line due to the type of screen used on the Priv.
    12-16-16 08:31 AM
    Really annoyed about this issue. Is there an android app that will do this function? I don't want to depend on lighting conditions to see the phone's charging status.
    01-27-17 12:46 PM
    Not that it's a big concern but I don't see the charge line on the bevelled edge of screen when phone is on change now
    Hey man this also happens to me. I think they updated it so it does not activate right away, but it definitely does turn on after a few minutes.
    01-27-17 01:50 PM
    Won't come on in the dark, it does time out even in light, changing the light level, (like in a room and getting arm or body in the way of light sensor, (moving around, or moving the phone around)) will reset the timer.
    Haven't figured out the 'X# of hours till charged' yet, seems to be random, sometimes it's there, sometimes it ain't. I'm sure it's not random, but damnif I can see a pattern or logic.
    And sometimes it appears when first taken off charge, for up to a couple of minutes after un plugging. At least it does using wireless. Kinda weird, wave your hand over it and charge bar appears, disappears and reappears, while the charger is in another room.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    01-27-17 02:35 PM
    Really annoyed about this issue. Is there an android app that will do this function? I don't want to depend on lighting conditions to see the phone's charging status.
    It you look along the upper right icons, the battery will look different if charging. There's a small lightning bolt embedded in the image and mine was just flashing.
    01-27-17 03:07 PM
    It you look along the upper right icons, the battery will look different if charging. There's a small lightning bolt embedded in the image and mine was just flashing.
    What about when the phone is asleep?
    01-27-17 11:42 PM
    You have to wake the phone in the dark. That's doze doing it's job. In nougat everyone I know has said it's more useful and aggressive. That's what we're going to eventually receive.

With the Edge display a battery indicator is never going to appear in the dark. That is a feature that was built into BlackBerry, and in my opinion was a smart move. You can go ahead and leave your phone on the charger these days, and you're not going to damage the battery because the software is smart enough to realize when to cut off the process.

So, if you are going to sleep , don't worry. It'll be 100% when you wake up......and every vital function still will work while it's dark.
    Last edited by Nathan Conley; 01-28-17 at 01:30 AM.
    01-28-17 12:54 AM
    What about when the phone is asleep?
    As Nathan said, it will charge till it is full and then stop. That's how it is designed. If it always showed the green line thingie or always showed the battery icon, you would get some burn-in or ghosting in that area of the screen. It you go into clock "night mode" then the time moves around the screen for the same reason - to avoid burning in the numbers if they stayed in one place.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    01-28-17 01:08 AM
    You have to wake the phone in the dark. That's doze doing it's job. In nougat everyone I know has said it's more useful and aggressive. That's what we're going to eventually receive.

With the Edge display a battery indicator is never going to appear in the dark. That is a feature that was built into BlackBerry, and in my opinion was a smart move. You can go ahead and leave your phone on the charger these days, and you're not going to damage the battery because the software is smart enough to realize when to cut off the process.

So, if you are going to sleep , don't worry. It'll be 100% when you wake up......and every vital function still will work while it's dark.
    The funny thing is I put it on the dock before I went to bed last night and it was dead this morning. No idea why that happened but that is why I want some sort of indication that the phone is charging rather then just trusting that it's charging.
    01-28-17 08:58 AM
    I get a light on my wireless charger when it's actually charging, no light = no charge.
    Since you are using a dock make sure you aren't plugged into a USB port that goes to sleep when the computer does. I assume you are plugged into a computer, since that would be the only reason to use a dock.
    01-28-17 09:12 AM
    The funny thing is I put it on the dock before I went to bed last night and it was dead this morning. No idea why that happened but that is why I want some sort of indication that the phone is charging rather then just trusting that it's charging.
    I have had that happen with my Qi wireless charger. I'm not sure if I did not place the phone in the precise location needed to complete the charge or some app was running overnight and using the power as it was being pumped in. The charger has the fairly useless light that is BEHIND the phone - green when on but no phone and blue when charging -- BUT you can't see the light. Most nights it goes to 100% but not all the time. Whereas the other Priv (don't ask) is plugged into a charger and always reaches 100%. The second Priv is in a case which has rear magnets and they interfere with Qi wireless charging. That brings up a question - what dock? USB or wireless? And as suggested how does the dock get its power?
    01-28-17 10:23 AM
    It's obviously a hardware failure, as doze will kick in at one hour. I generally lose 1-3 % in 8 hours of sleep (if not plugged in). Nothing sure how, but in both cases I suspect the micro USB and or the QI pad have been positioned in such a manner that it actually discharges the battery instead of chargea.
    01-28-17 11:17 AM
    Are you aware Ambient Display must be enabled for Battery Edge to function ?
    01-28-17 01:44 PM
    I have had that happen with my Qi wireless charger. I'm not sure if I did not place the phone in the precise location needed to complete the charge or some app was running overnight and using the power as it was being pumped in. The charger has the fairly useless light that is BEHIND the phone - green when on but no phone and blue when charging -- BUT you can't see the light. Most nights it goes to 100% but not all the time. Whereas the other Priv (don't ask) is plugged into a charger and always reaches 100%. The second Priv is in a case which has rear magnets and they interfere with Qi wireless charging. That brings up a question - what dock? USB or wireless? And as suggested how does the dock get its power?
    I don't know if dock was the right term but its the official "Blackberry Sync Pod":

Charging status indicator line missing-blackberry_acc_62175_001_sync_pod_for_blackberry_1446743130000_1196345.jpg

The sync pod is connected via a micro usb connected to a wall outlet. The lack of charging might have been that it was not positioned snug into the USB port.

In any case I have found a simple solution that fits my need. In the display settings I turned on "Daydream". Then I downloaded an app called "Clock plus". I set daydream to turn on whenever charging and I get the following screen:

Charging status indicator line missing-ouoex1-1033.png

It gives me all the vital info including confirmation that it is charging (USB or AC adapter). This is exactly what I need. The green charging line is cool but it if it will not work every time I'm plugged in then its useless.
    01-30-17 02:27 PM
    and I get the following screen:
    I hope the display moves around, otherwise you will eventually have burn in where the time / date is. OLED's are a lot more resistant to burn thab they used to be, but they will still burn.
    01-31-17 06:44 AM
    Yes it fades in and out to different parts of the screen every so often. And another good thing is I can easily see the time on my phone from 10-15 feet away. Also, I haven't noticed any battery consumption while daydream is on.
    FF22 and Wezard like this.
    01-31-17 09:16 AM