I just got my new priv yesterday and have been enjoying it so far. I've read that there are two models that came out one with wireless charging and the other w/o. How do I tell if mine (svt 100-1) is capable? I didn't find anything in the about section or settings related to wireless charging...
    Yours has wireless charging.

Here are the models that have wireless charging:

"About wireless charging
    Some service providers support wireless charging for your device. You can charge your device by setting it on a supported
    charging mat instead of connecting your device to a charger.
    You can use the following device models with Qi and Power Matters Alliance (PMA) wireless chargers:
    • PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-1 smartphone
    • PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-2 smartphone
    • PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-5 smartphone
    Tip: To find your device's model number, swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one
    finger, and then tap > About phone."
    FF22 and sgollapalle like this.
    05-10-17 07:31 PM
    You could also make a quick visit to a carrier that sells accessories and plop it down on a charging pad with an inquiry if it works?
    This didn't even cross my mind... Gona try it tomorrow
    FF22 likes this.
    05-11-17 06:37 AM
    This didn't even cross my mind... Gona try it tomorrow
    Be aware, the charging antenna/circuit is a bit low on the Priv so that you might have to play with the position a bit.
    sgollapalle likes this.
    05-11-17 09:10 AM
    Be aware, the charging antenna/circuit is a bit low on the Priv so that you might have to play with the position a bit.
    F2 is correct... Best to buy a charge slab with 3 coils so finding the sweet spot is easier... I had a dead usb port but elected to send it out for repair... waiting for return

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-11-17 09:31 AM
    Thanks guys. Tried one and it worked. Ended up picking one with a 3 coil system
    FF22 likes this.
    05-12-17 04:39 PM
    So sent Priv to fixitplanet who has very good rep... got there fine, but guy got hospitalized and put off to next week... happens

But, in the interim my enjoyment of the Passport backup unit is extreme and I am typing like lightning on this while the Priv I find mostly is spent fumbling with the ALT or SYM key wasting what little time I have left...

I wonder what I will do when it comes back fixed?? Keep? Sell? Dunno...

BTW... are there any other PKB BlackBerry fones in the pipe? Or is this the end with k1??

Posted via CB10
    05-12-17 05:08 PM
    BTW... are there any other PKB BlackBerry fones in the pipe? Or is this the end with k1??

Posted via CB10
    I imagine it will depend on how well the K1 does!
    05-12-17 06:06 PM
    I would extrapolate that to a "no" then since the list of miseries with the k1 seems to grow... they'll surely sell dozens...
    05-13-17 12:15 AM
    I would extrapolate that to a "no" then since the list of miseries with the k1 seems to grow... they'll surely sell dozens...
    Okay, I'll ask.... What miseries?
    PHughes likes this.
    05-13-17 09:31 AM
    Okay, I'll ask.... What miseries?
    It doesn't make coffee.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-13-17 02:28 PM
    I read here & there it persists with heating & lags albeit somewhat less than Priv... also some other foibles I cant' recall since I am almost as old as you are and catching up fast...
    05-13-17 02:42 PM
    To be fair, seems the PKB is better & more Passport-like... but, one of the really great things about the Passport PKB is not only the scroll & adaptation to rotation (k1 does) but the pinch/zoom which is the greatest (k1 does NOT)... I am not in an all fired hurry to order the k1 when I have a little hope still that my Priv, if it comes back from the repair shop alive (as per OP title) and finds a notice N is downloading... furthermore, this unanticipated extended time on the Passport backup is amazing... after over a year on Priv, Passport still runs my bank & security system & most other APKs applied with aplomb... I tell people it runs bb10 AND Android simultaneously and they are astounded... I would like to offer this idea from my once sharp mind... can we get a bb10 RUNTIME for the PRIV so we can ditch the bb10 particles (hub+, etc) and just run the whole damn thing?
    05-13-17 02:53 PM
    I bought some OEM USBs from guy in Philadelphia and sent Priv with part to TX for repair since locally was told by phone sellers nobody reliable around anymore... people with real skills are scarce as hen's teeth... hope it survives
    Just got notice PRIV fixed, new USB port and uneventful disassembly/reassembly with fresh 3M adhesive for PKB. Waiting for the Postman to ring twice...

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-18-17 04:04 PM
    Priv back fixed USB... I purchased Chinese magnetic USB cord which is nice and flexible but magnet is weak ...anyone have luck with another vendor? HP Veer had that feature and magnet was strong enough to swing the phone on it...
    05-23-17 01:55 PM
39 12