At times, charging doesnt work till I restart phone. Sometimes takes multiple restarts to start charging. I've checked with multiple chargers/cables. Don't really want to reset my phone unless I know it will fix it. Anyone had/having this issue?
    12-07-16 08:48 AM
    I haven't had this problem with USB charging but I have had it with wireless charging. I worked with BB support and they tracked my issue to the daydream app I was using. Switched to a different app and it's working perfectly.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-07-16 08:51 AM
    I haven't had this problem with USB charging but I have had it with wireless charging. I worked with BB support and they tracked my issue to the daydream app I was using. Switched to a different app and it's working perfectly.
    I have daydream turned off :x how did they manage to track it down to that?
    12-07-16 01:42 PM
    I have daydream turned off :x how did they manage to track it down to that?
    It wasn't easy. I had to send 10s of screenshots and 6 debug logs as I moved up the support tiers. Some of these required me waking up several times through the night and took over a week before they could pinpoint the root of the problem. When I switched apps everything worked as expected. Kudos to their support people for tracking it down. I was about to give up on wireless charging and get the usb charging dock. The thing that drove me to keep trying was that my VZW Priv would charge wirelessly, but my ShopBlackberry one would stop sometime during the night.
    12-08-16 08:20 AM
    I believe that my ShopBB Priv has issues with wireless charging due to the flip case it is in. There's a fairly strong magnet, actually magnets in the back of the case that can hold the flip cover open. I believe that these magnets react to or with the the charging coils in the easel charger. Or with the antenna in the Priv. That Priv was getting pretty warm. Whereas my Verizon Priv is in a different flip case and charges fine in a charging easel using Qi.

I have been charging with usb cable. But I guess I ought to pull it out of the case and check it out on the easel. The issue is that some of these cases are a bear to get off. I think I'm really twisting the device too much trying to free it from the case. Not a nightly task for sure.
    12-08-16 08:59 AM
    I use USB charging and not wireless. I even put it on safe mode but it charged to 100, started discharging and needed another restart to start charging again. Also it shows as charging (charger connected notification, battery icon animated) but it is not charging.
    12-08-16 02:08 PM
    I have had this happen a few times where I plug the phone in at night and it doesn't charge, both with the cord and the dock. Thankfully it charges up fairly quickly and does typically last the day so it isn't a huge issue, but it is an annoyance.
    12-08-16 04:39 PM
    I have had this happen a few times where I plug the phone in at night and it doesn't charge, both with the cord and the dock. Thankfully it charges up fairly quickly and does typically last the day so it isn't a huge issue, but it is an annoyance.
    It used to happen rarely and now it's gone to the point of not charging until I restart multiple times every time. I guess this started happening after the last update (November patch) I hope the December patch somehow manages to fix it because it's 2 months old and I have no warranty on this.
    12-08-16 05:20 PM
    It used to happen rarely and now it's gone to the point of not charging until I restart multiple times every time. I guess this started happening after the last update (November patch) I hope the December patch somehow manages to fix it because it's 2 months old and I have no warranty on this.
    I've never needed a restart. It seems to work if I unplug and plug back in.
    ihearlivepplz likes this.
    12-08-16 05:50 PM
    I've never needed a restart. It seems to work if I unplug and plug back in.
    You were right! Unplugging and replugging worked. I guess it has the same effect as restarting to whatever is causing this bug. That being said, I hate that there is even such a flaw. It makes me want to hate the phone that I love so much :/ let's hope someone squashes it out in a future update.

I was also wondering if you use a third party charger? I use the fast charger that I got with my S6 (the BlackBerry charger came with US pins) could it be the phone trying to stop the extra voltage (probably not because the Priv also supports quickcharge?) I'll be switching to the BlackBerry charger for a few days to see how it goes.
    12-08-16 08:45 PM
    You were right! Unplugging and replugging worked. I guess it has the same effect as restarting to whatever is causing this bug. That being said, I hate that there is even such a flaw. It makes me want to hate the phone that I love so much :/ let's hope someone squashes it out in a future update.

I was also wondering if you use a third party charger? I use the fast charger that I got with my S6 (the BlackBerry charger came with US pins) could it be the phone trying to stop the extra voltage (probably not because the Priv also supports quickcharge?) I'll be switching to the BlackBerry charger for a few days to see how it goes.
    I use my old BlackBerry chargers and my Priv charger. It has happened with both.
    12-08-16 11:24 PM
    We have recently had issues with both our privs getting stuck at ~82% while charging they won't finish charging no matter how long they stay on the charger. It requires a reboot for them to finish charging.
    12-09-16 01:45 PM
    We have recently had issues with both our privs getting stuck at ~82% while charging they won't finish charging no matter how long they stay on the charger. It requires a reboot for them to finish charging.
    Have you tried unplugging and replugging like Gebco suggested? I do this now rather than restart and it takes multiple repluggings to start charging. I test whether it's charging or not using the accubattery app.
    Attached Thumbnails Charging issues.-69909.jpg  
    12-09-16 02:59 PM
    Have you tried unplugging and replugging like Gebco suggested? I do this now rather than restart and it takes multiple repluggings to start charging. I test whether it's charging or not using the accubattery app.
    Yes I had tried that but not multiple times.
    12-10-16 07:53 PM
    Issue seems to have gone away off late. It's back to charging normally. What's different is that I stopped using an extension cable but I'm wondering if that really could be the issue because I had this bug for at least a week after I stopped using my extension cable. The cable itself works fine with my S6 and didn't cause any slow downs/ shut offs with the charging on it. Maybe I should Test the cable with the Priv again to see if this was the issue.
    12-16-16 06:05 PM
    Issue seems to have gone away off late. It's back to charging normally. What's different is that I stopped using an extension cable but I'm wondering if that really could be the issue because I had this bug for at least a week after I stopped using my extension cable. The cable itself works fine with my S6 and didn't cause any slow downs/ shut offs with the charging on it. Maybe I should Test the cable with the Priv again to see if this was the issue.
    My daughter's Q10 is fussy with cables too. Only seems to like BlackBerry ones. My charging wonkiness has all happened with BlackBerry cables though. No issue lately however.
    12-16-16 09:09 PM
    My daughter's Q10 is fussy with cables too. Only seems to like BlackBerry ones. My charging wonkiness has all happened with BlackBerry cables though. No issue lately however.
    Haha. I've never had a BlackBerry cable/Charger that worked well. My Privs cable kept coming off. Not enough grip inside the micro usb port. The same cable works well with other phones and is tight enough on my S6 while the S6 cable and charger work well with the Priv *sigh*
    12-16-16 09:54 PM
    There are so many forums about the Priv's charging issue. Can't we put them together in one? And isn't BlackBerry reading this? Mr. Chen, where are you?
    12-30-16 09:43 AM